Yellow | Con-way Freight to boost driver wages early next year; first big nonunion LTL trucker

How many more ways are folks going to try to twist this issue into something other than what the original statement said - "the first union shop in the company's 31-year history". The statement is not true. CEX was Teamster. I ran road trips for CEX in the 1980's as a Teamster. Laredo is not the first union shop. Case closed.
It's nanotechnology. Someone found that tiny little "hair splitter".:biglaugh:

Everyone on here needs to read the book Never stand still the true story about Consolidated Freightways and it founder Leland James and i bet he'd be rolling over in his grave right now if he only know-ed what happen to his once great and mighty company and what it has turn into today.

Everyone on here needs to read the book Never stand still the true story about Consolidated Freightways and it founder Leland James and i bet he'd be rolling over in his grave right now if he only know-ed what happen to his once great and mighty company and what it has turn into today.

If con way goes union that will be as close to justice any of us CF guys will ever get.

The Teamsters can get authorization cards signed and hold representation votes until doomsday. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there hasn't been a SUCCESSFUL organization since deregulation in which the company began contributions to ANY multi-employer pension fund. With all the uncertainty surrounding multi-employer pensions, it is unlikely the Teamsters will be able to convince new members to join those funds. Wages and conditions are comparable (when the entire package is considered) at nearly all LTL carriers regardless of whether it's union or not. It's a little late to close the barn door, there are only two cows left now!
More than two cows left.you only know of two.

COLKID they will never be no true justice for any of us as long as Con-Way is around Union or no Union they can never pay enough into pension fund to make up for it for all the money Consolidated payed to keep them a float for all them years but if it will help organize other company's i can live with i think lol lol.

Throwing them a bone,huh... I don't think they will fall for it.. Putting a bandaid on a gaping wound usually doesn't work... There are other freight carriers out there that need help getting started on voting too..
Too bad you cant get more Locals interested in the cause,who knows you might pick up a few thousand members, Naw the Teamsters don't need anything like that, it might take a little effort or get in the way of another convention (VEGAS) or something!:wtflol::6799:

If you are referring to the original article with your statement that "it is true" then you are wrong. The article is not entirely correct as I stated and for the reasons I stated. As per the article, the company (regardless of the precise name) has a 31 year history and during that time it did have Teamster representation at a portion of its operations.
The article is wrong in the fact it was a separate company.the fact it was shut down and the others continued proves this.hope that helps see my point.

The article is wrong in the fact it was a separate company.the fact it was shut down and the others continued proves this.hope that helps see my point.

The article refers to the 31 year history of Con-Way. As you must know, Con-Way in its present form did not exist 31 years ago, the geographically separated subsidiary companies of Con-Way Transportation Services (CWX, CCX, and CEX) did however. By the article referring to Con-Way's "31 year history", it obviously considers the three subsidiary companies to have always been one and the same collectively as present day Con-Way. And ultimately, neither CWX or CCX continued to the present day either. CCX eventually expanded into CEX's original territory and ultimately both CWX and CCX were folded into and became present day Con-Way.

How many more ways are folks going to try to twist this issue into something other than what the original statement said - "the first union shop in the company's 31-year history". The statement is not true. CEX was Teamster. I ran road trips for CEX in the 1980's as a Teamster. Laredo is not the first union shop. Case closed.

Yes indeed, Brother Triplex is correct. CEX was the old Penn-Yan Express job. They bought them to have an up and running Division in the North East.

When the Con-way companies started out they were a very employee orientated company. One of their first Ceo's , whose name I can't remember, wanted to make a difference. After he left the company things went downhill, Imo.

The article refers to the 31 year history of Con-Way. As you must know, Con-Way in its present form did not exist 31 years ago, the geographically separated subsidiary companies of Con-Way Transportation Services (CWX, CCX, and CEX) did however. By the article referring to Con-Way's "31 year history", it obviously considers the three subsidiary companies to have always been one and the same collectively as present day Con-Way. And ultimately, neither CWX or CCX continued to the present day either. CCX eventually expanded into CEX's original territory and ultimately both CWX and CCX were folded into and became present day Con-Way.

What the article considers is irrelevant. What is relevent is the fact cce was a separate co. Was shut down after voting union in and the new co.CF. Conway Freight has voted it's first union barn in.