Yellow | Continue to work or leave ?

309 YRC Chicago

If extension pass how many of the no voters have the balls to walk away and say wont screw me anymore ? Bet no one will till they have another job lined up. I am voting yes because haven't found anything better or close to paying what I make here driving a forklift at 46 .

More fun to go down with the ship and lend a helping hand if I can. And in the meanwhile show up and get paid to do very little or nothing at all. And even that I will do at my own pace.

Oldguns my tenure is about the same as yours. Only I can't see any thing that is greener on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I do know how you feel...I will look until I locate something that works for me. Working without a pension as we near retirement...stupid on my part. I feel the piper will sooner or later has to be paid. Same management ways with more of our earnings...lets see if it didn't work last time...will it work this time.!

309 YRC Chicago

The war between YRC is a personal one. People care less about what their next move is and more about the personal satisfaction that will get when the giant falls to its knees .Payback is a *****.

I agree, but that is for our union leaders to ask. Where are they anyway ? I believe we should know exactly what the company intends to do with the next BILLION !! How do they intend to sersiouly service the debt problem and retirement opportunities? Where are our leaders ???

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just it , there shouldn't be a war, there should be compromise and fairness on both sides for all involved. this is what it takes to survive now days. it's not just about me,me,me,

1 bill or 100 bills an hour, just do it right, so I don't have to clean up someone else's lack of caring , laziness, or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If extension pass how many of the no voters have the balls to walk away and say wont screw me anymore ? Bet no one will till they have another job lined up. I am voting yes because haven't found anything better or close to paying what I make here driving a forklift at 46 .

Your logic is bad on its face.
You're assuming you'll be out of a job if a vote fails.
That is to assume yrcwill eliminate your job.
But let's think.
yrc says it needs us to lick its boots again in order to get lower rates,
Or it COULD go brupt.

So let's think.
If yrc goes brupt, wouldn't Mr creditor lose his entire investment
As opposed to keeping yrc on the hook at a higher rate?

They have a right and a duty to their creditors and investors
To fearmonger you. And you're eating it all by the shovelful..

We vote NO on scams! Ok?

ok , BUT at what point do you say no ? say -20% , -25% ,-30% givebacks, lost 1 week vac time now so say lose all vac time ?? point is if you keep saying yes to the Bully ,he will keep taking your lunch money !!!

Doesn't anybody remember why we are under the current MOU til 2015? Don't you think that it's funny that we extended the contract to extend our give-backs and allow the company to get its finances in order and now (that they have separated us from ABF) they need it again to get better financing? Now we have YRC employees voting to take another hit before anything is even put together on paper? All of you vote yes at all costs guys are the first to give things away and then complain about the ineffective union. Didn't USF get away with not taking a hit for some time after we did? Why aren't they putting us and USF under the same contract? What happens if the stock price gets low enough to buy YRC and all of us are under threat of going out?
There is still a lot that could happen. How could anybody possibly have a definite yes or no until we see the damn proposal?

All YRCW operating subsidiaries are working under the same MOU. The only possible exception is the teamster barns of Reddaway. And prior to our MOU Reddaway's white paper was substandard.
Everyone should calm down. Other than the reference to absenteeism YRCW has not offered any specific proposal. Just that the banks want a 5 year agreement.

So you're choosing to live on your knees. That's your choice. I prefer to die on my feet, my choice.

I'd rather fight than switch,Nobody coming to foreclose on my house.If you see what's out there you choose to stand and fight like man.It ain't over till it's over real teamsters know how to take one on the.chin.,Knock me down so help you when I get up.:Duel::732:

Stop fighting, that is what management wants.
This matter will be voted on by REAL TEAMSTERS in a vote and that will be the way it is. Notice I said .

That's just it , there shouldn't be a war, there should be compromise and fairness on both sides for all involved. this is what it takes to survive now days. it's not just about me,me,me,

Compromise? That will never happen! You are a robot slave!

Clean up someone else's lack of caring , laziness, or whatever?

I fail to understand how your Teamster brother, enabled your "mother" and commanded you to "CLEAN UP?"

Doesn't anybody remember why we are under the current MOU til 2015? Don't you think that it's funny that we extended the contract to extend our give-backs and allow the company to get its finances in order and now (that they have separated us from ABF) they need it again to get better financing? Now we have YRC employees voting to take another hit before anything is even put together on paper? All of you vote yes at all costs guys are the first to give things away and then complain about the ineffective union. Didn't USF get away with not taking a hit for some time after we did? Why aren't they putting us and USF under the same contract? What happens if the stock price gets low enough to buy YRC and all of us are under threat of going out?
There is still a lot that could happen. How could anybody possibly have a definite yes or no until we see the damn proposal?

You ever see a flock of sheep?

Sheep are flock animals and strongly gregarious; much sheep behavior can be understood on the basis of these tendencies. The dominance hierarchy of sheep and their natural inclination to follow a leader to new pastures were the pivotal factors in sheep being one of the first domesticated livestock species.[47] Furthermore, in contrast to the red deer and gazelle (two other ungulates of primary importance to meat production in prehistoric times), sheep do not defend territories although they do form home ranges.[48] All sheep have a tendency to congregate close to other members of a flock, although this behavior varies with breed,[13] and sheep can become stressed when separated from their flock members.[7] During flocking, sheep have a strong tendency to follow and a leader may simply be the first individual to move.

Compromise? That will never happen! You are a robot slave!

Clean up someone else's lack of caring , laziness, or whatever?

I fail to understand how your Teamster brother, enabled your "mother" and commanded you to "CLEAN UP?"

I was reffering to" tutone 710" message.

I'm not sure why so many people are so quick to assume that the people who would vote yes for a 5 year extension would vote yes for a 5 year extension plus additional cuts? The simple, and only right answer, is that IT DEPENDS. It depends on the cut, the timing, and the demand for drivers elsewhere and in my region.

I understand OP's point. So many people on this board seem a little envious of the benefits and compensation that people at other companies are receiving. So why not go work there? You've been a voluntary employee of YRC for your entire tenure here. If you hate it, it doesn't make sense to stay at YRC when there are "better jobs elsewhere" unless you get some weird benefit from "fighting the man" that is worth more to you than the money that you could possibly be earning.

What I do not understand is the freight is going to move, yes move and somebody is going to haul it PERIOD.....
There will be work for qualified truckdrivers, yes QUALIFIED TRUCKDRIVER.
There is a driver shortage.
Somebody is going to pay for a person to drive there truck.
If the freight shippers could find a better rate or shipper they would have already in this cut and do the next guy market.
The worst thing I see is you may be driving the same lease tractor with a different name put on the door. Since the equipment is mostly leased already.
Think about it.
Freight is projected to go up 20% YES 20 PERCENT more to move within the next 5 years and there is already a driver shortage.
Management is feeding off your greedy little minds and heart.
Somebody, if not YRC is going to haul the Freight. There will be jobs (& $$$) available and lots of freight to haul. They do not have enough drivers now to haul freight and 20% more coming.
Companies are leaving down south and coming back this country.
Stop fighting, and start realizing their will always be a good job available for GOOD DRIVERS.

Age is in your favor. More experience, settled down and not into being distracted when you are driving and knowledge of equipment and weather and road conditions.
At 65 I was offered more good driver jobs than when I was 26. Age is on you side. You can trust someone with age with your equipment and know they will take care of it.
I think you are missing what a company is looking for when they hire a driver and do not understand the high turn over rate of young people in this industry. And with age you have a proven driving record and work history over much younger workers. Yes they will check your health record and abilities. But knowledge and been trustworthy is so much more important. They know you will get the job done to the best of your ability cause you want to work.

lol, what about all of us old drivers?

Age is in your favor. More experience, settled down and not into being distracted when you are driving and knowledge of equipment and weather and road conditions.
At 65 I was offered more good driver jobs than when I was 26. Age is on you side. You can trust someone with age with your equipment and know they will take care of it.
I think you are missing what a company is looking for when they hire a driver and do not understand the high turn over rate of young people in this industry. And with age you have a proven driving record and work history over much younger workers. Yes they will check your health record and abilities. But knowledge and been trustworthy is so much more important. They know you will get the job done to the best of your ability cause you want to work.
I have seen many aged drivers garnering new jobs driving trucks, age does not seem to matter. There are may driving jobs out there that do not require a lot of physical work but do require safe operation of what could be a dangerous piece of equipment. Additionally, people who receive things by truck do like to get them ASAP and dependably. This younger generation seems to think they're on time if they show up and their equipment is still there. They also think that their personal tribulations are more important the getting to work. Us elderlies seem to think we need to be on time every time and be ready to work when we get there. Maybe I'm the one who's wrong but I feel like I was hired because there was a need and I feel obligated to fulfill that need.