Corn Flakes Lives!

For what it's worth, the Louisville Fords we're my all-time favorite tractors. At Maislin they had 290 Cummins with 10 speed Road Rangers.
A Ford heavy truck representative came by our shop regularly getting feedback & asking questions about problems & solutions. Unlike other reps he asked instead of telling. When Ford was designing the replacement for the L series he also asked our thoughts on how to improve the new design which was manufactured for a short time by Ford at the Louisville plant before Freightliner bought Ford Heavy Truck Division. Sterling was later the brand name given to the new tractor targeted for fleets. They were manufactured in Canada for about 10 years.
The L series was heavier than the replacement which was a selling point for the newer model.
The L series was a tough tractor.

A Ford heavy truck representative came by our shop regularly getting feedback & asking questions about problems & solutions. Unlike other reps he asked instead of telling. When Ford was designing the replacement for the L series he also asked our thoughts on how to improve the new design which was manufactured for a short time by Ford at the Louisville plant before Freightliner bought Ford Heavy Truck Division. Sterling was later the brand name given to the new tractor targeted for fleets. They were manufactured in Canada for about 10 years.
The L series was heavier than the replacement which was a selling point for the newer model.
The L series was a tough tractor.
Was the go to tractor for grocery store chains ,Jewel , Dominick's , Certified grocers ,Centrella in Illinois

We had a couple of these at my small EOL barn when CF closed, 4 million miles but they ran strong & rode well. No they didn't have power steering youngsters just a big ol steering wheel. Used them for p&d, fun in the mountains with that long nose.

old-cf.md.jpg

We had a couple of these at my small EOL barn when CF closed, 4 million miles but they ran strong & rode well. No they didn't have power steering youngsters just a big ol steering wheel. Used them for p&d, fun in the mountains with that long nose.

old-cf.md.jpg
I used one in the city.... turnpike truck for Triples.... it had about the same for milage.... cat engine ran really good.

And you were right.... you stayed in shape driving it. But you know that if you just moved a little it steered a little easier.

old-cf.md.jpg
But they were just 9 MPH faster than BRG's steed!

I used one in the city.... turnpike truck for Triples.... it had about the same for milage.... cat engine ran really good.

And you were right.... you stayed in shape driving it. But you know that if you just moved a little it steered a little easier.
So you also know luxury equipment Stimpy with all the bells & whistles. Loved the Cats the most, if it ain't making racket it's not running right.:1036316054:

old-cf.md.jpg
These were probably my most all-time favorite tractor, 9 spd, 3406 Cat

old-cf.md.jpg
These were probably my most all-time favorite tractor, 9 spd, 3406 Cat
If I remember correctly CF had 7 spd in these.

If I remember correctly CF had 7 spd in these.
Yep, C F"s did.
I ran to Jax with Cf, Carolina, and A Big R driver.
Sometimes we would swap trucks for 25 or 30 miles on single-lane S C 321.
I'd drive a CF he would drive mine the Carolina would swap with Big R.
We would of all been fired if anything went wrong.
A real bunch of dumb azzs