XPO | Covid-19

It is ironic. People worried about Bernie Sanders spending too much money and last week our Fed injected $1.5 trillion into the system to try and prop up the stock market.

$1.5 trillion is also the balance for all U.S. student loan debt.

Which by the way means. That money is gone. No more reason to vote for Bernie.

Borderline martial law, govt paying wages so you can stay home, free healthcare. And in the United States. Too funny.

It's a mess. The people in power are taking full advantage. This is the same stuff that happened after 9-11. The politicians could get away with anything.

It's a mess. The people in power are taking full advantage. This is the same stuff that happened after 9-11. The politicians could get away with anything.
Every other question is about bailouts for airlines , the cruise industry , you name it. Also a payroll tax holiday according to Larry Kudlow , is on the way.

Every other question is about bailouts for airlines , the cruise industry , you name it. Also a payroll tax holiday according to Larry Kudlow , is on the way.

They need to open some production facilities. Create jobs handling this situation.

They need to open some production facilities. Create jobs handling this situation.
Now they are running crawlers on my TV saying that the grocery stores will have limited hours but the workers will have the same shifts and while the store is closed the workers will be cleaning and restocking.

Now they are running crawlers on my TV saying that the grocery stores will have limited hours but the workers will have the same shifts and while the store is closed the workers will be cleaning and restocking.

Giant Eagle I think was the first to go to it. There is no way to stay open 24 hours and get bombed every day like this. On top of, many of the workers are scared to be exposed to so many people. Cashiers have been wearing latex gloves and masks. For a $10 an hour job. Hard to convince people it is worth it to even come in.

Which by the way means. That money is gone. No more reason to vote for Bernie.

It actually doesn't mean that at all. The money was used for extremely short term loans. The loans are fully covered with collateral worth much more than the loans themselves. If the banks did not pay back the loan the Fed makes a very large profit. If they do pay it back they get normal interest.

This is why the argument that "they could have used it for X" rings hollow. It's frustrating that people claim to care about this stuff and either refuse to actually read about it and understand it or just make stuff up.

It actually doesn't mean that at all. The money was used for extremely short term loans. The loans are fully covered with collateral worth much more than the loans themselves. If the banks did not pay back the loan the Fed makes a very large profit. If they do pay it back they get normal interest.

This is why the argument that "they could have used it for X" rings hollow. It's frustrating that people claim to care about this stuff and either refuse to actually read about it and understand it or just make stuff up.
Is this different than quantitative easing? If so , how? Thanks for your input in advance.

Is this different than quantitative easing? If so , how? Thanks for your input in advance.

Quantitative easing is when the central bank buys financial products, usually bonds, in an attempt to get more money into the economy.

What the Federal Reserve did is not quantitative easing. They propped up short term money markets, the repo market (which is enormous), and the overnight loan system banks use (this is a massive important system right now) with short loans, one and three months. There are legit questions about whether or not the Fed should have done this (** raises hand **) and that is absolutely fair. But this isn't money that could have been used in other situations. As far as I can tell the Fed doesn't even have the legal right to use money in that way, though it could probably get it through congressional action.

You think we got another few trillion laying around ? $23 trillion in debt and growing.

Quantitative easing is when the central bank buys financial products, usually bonds, in an attempt to get more money into the economy.

What the Federal Reserve did is not quantitative easing. They propped up short term money markets, the repo market (which is enormous), and the overnight loan system banks use (this is a massive important system right now) with short loans, one and three months. There are legit questions about whether or not the Fed should have done this (** raises hand **) and that is absolutely fair. But this isn't money that could have been used in other situations. As far as I can tell the Fed doesn't even have the legal right to use money in that way, though it could probably get it through congressional action.

Sure seems the government is doing a lot of very questionable things on many fronts.

Sure seems the government is doing a lot of very questionable things on many fronts.
No matter what side you are on , this is SO true.

I hope ( and pray ) we get back to a point of having common goals our government can agree on. And I hope we get back to a fact based system instead of the deal now where people just say what they want and their supporters believe them.

It turns ino an echo chamber. That helps nobody.

With so many moving pieces , I reaced out to my management. Will there be business as usual?

My management said as of now , they've received nothing as far as communication from higher up.

Keep in mind , when you go to XPO's social media sites they have a heavy emphasis on national women's day , black history month , and mentor's month. Somehow , this seems a little more urgent.

Giant Eagle I think was the first to go to it. There is no way to stay open 24 hours and get bombed every day like this. On top of, many of the workers are scared to be exposed to so many people. Cashiers have been wearing latex gloves and masks. For a $10 an hour job. Hard to convince people it is worth it to even come in.
Just announced closing all bars and restaurants in ohio and illinois two states that care about people and not money

IusesJp.jpg

XPO a few days ago gave allowances for going up to 100 hours in the hole for the Coronavirus circumstances.

I asked if you have to go deep into the hole , and you have a vacation scheduled before you come out of the hole , is your time off canceled? Or do they allow you to go even deeper into the negative then 100 hours?

I never received an answer.