XPO | Cuyahoga Accident

Well if he could do the Truck speed limit (65 mph ) he probably wouldn't have got passed from that 4 wheeler,the accident would have never happened!
...and if he could've gone 70, he'd have been WAY ahead of it.
...and if he could only go 55, he'd have been WAY behind it.
...and if he had been city P&D, he would've been in another state when it happened.
...and if the four-wheeler could control his vehicle, or a thousand other possibilities occurred, this thread (and this silly reply to it) wouldn't have happened either!
:Poke:

...and if he could've gone 70, he'd have been WAY ahead of it.
...and if he could only go 55, he'd have been WAY behind it.
...and if he had been city P&D, he would've been in another state when it happened.
...and if the four-wheeler could control his vehicle, or a thousand other possibilities occurred, this thread (and this silly reply to it) wouldn't have happened either!
:Poke:
Very true. I agree that the trucks should do the speed limit, the best way to get them turned back up is to stick with the facts. Does 3 MPH really cause a safety issue? I don't know (I don't drive), but I can't see a big safety issue. What I do see is aggravation for the DSR and aggravation for other drivers getting stuck behind you. I see it adding 10-15 min to L/H runs. I guess we could say that aggravation leads to agressive driving, but I's say that the the 4 wheeler would have passed him anyway since they average 70-75 MPH in a 65 anyway.

What I'm saying is that you'll do better taking a different approach to getting the trucks turned up. Leave the fuel milage and safety concerns out of it. Thay have a ton of fancy data in charts & graphs to prove you wrong (or at least show you stuff that you'll have no way to prove otherwise). They will look at how much fuel we bought and how many miles we ran, the sad truth is that MPG got better with the 62 MPH change. Choose your battles wisely.

Very true. I agree that the trucks should do the speed limit, the best way to get them turned back up is to stick with the facts. Does 3 MPH really cause a safety issue? I don't know (I don't drive), but I can't see a big safety issue.

Probably more of an aggravation issue than a safety issue but we can now add Virginia to the list of states in which we're no where near the legal speed of traffic. Just went to 70 MPH - can be a bit of an issue around merges with the left lane moving so much faster than we are..