Yellow | Darren’s letter to court

You said "good employees are hard to find" nice back pedal though ;)
You are correct, I certainly did.

Valued employees don't get fired (though good ones occasionally do).
When you are hiring folks you are looking for GOOD ones, to be determined whether or not you VALUE them at a later date. Two separate issues.

Ex, this is the origins of labor unions. 100+ years ago, that's the enslavement that dominated the workplace. When the employees collectively stood up against that tyranny, things started changing toward humanism. Along came those outrageous things called the weekend, family life, a living wage, medical insurance, rest and recuperation (also called vacation). That was not at all a bad thing for society; in fact society improved remarkably, benefitting everyone.
Correct! All of those objectives have been accomplished. All are now imbedded in American society. The unions are no longer necessary. The unions now overprice labor, push jobs out of the country and bankrupt the employers.

Correct! All of those objectives have been accomplished. All are now imbedded in American society. The unions are no longer necessary. The unions now overprice labor, push jobs out of the country and bankrupt the employers.
Agreed!

There was a time and place for them.

Even 20 years or so I thought we needed one or two LTL union carriers just to keep the others "honest" so to speak. I wanted 1 or 2 IBT carriers out there, just didn't want to work for them.

I'm confident they aren't needed today, at all.

He has his work ethic in his corner. Valued employees don't get fired. Employers aren't stupid, good employees are hard to find and the vetting process isn't free.
Look at how much YRC had to pay to get employees or train them, why?
Substandard pay. So there you go. Maybe the consultants should have figured that one out. Pay your employees well and give them security and they will come.

Agreed!

Even 20 years or so I thought we needed one or two LTL union carriers just to keep the others "honest" so to speak. I wanted 1 or 2 IBT carriers out there, just didn't want to work for them.

Sure and watch what happens in 20 years, lower pay, less experienced workers and people behind the wheel coming at your family in an 80,000 truck. Why because companies want more money, on the backs of the workers What’s the old saying “history repeats itself.” No unions, no bench mark for wages.
Be careful what you wish for.

Agreed!

How much money did you make off the union companies with your so called narrow focus of expertise?

Sure and watch what happens in 20 years, lower pay, less experienced workers and people behind the wheel coming at your family in an 80,000 truck. Why because companies want more money, on the backs of the workers What’s the old saying “history repeats itself.” No unions, no bench mark for wages.
Be careful what you wish for.
We were told that back in 1980 when democrats voted in deregulation.
Oddly union pay went down and non union pay outperformed union pay??
No worries though, in 20 years 50% or more truck driving jobs will be automated. Along with 80% of dock jobs...

We were told that back in 1980 when democrats voted in deregulation.
Oddly union pay went down and non union pay outperformed union pay??
No worries though, in 20 years 50% or more truck driving jobs will be automated. Along with 80% of dock jobs...
It took non union pay 30 years to "outperform Union pay"....and even with my "underperforming pay" I will take my pension and Cadillac insurance... I don't think what dokman says is at all unreasonable in 20 years....

I'm quite familiar with the idiom. Not certain what point you're trying to make here with the IBT protecting sub-standard performers.

Do you consider the substandard workers the greasy wheels? You're happy the sub-standard workers are compensated and protected the same as the high achiever?
I believe it was more the sub standard managers that could not figure out how to correct the poor behavior.

Your union hating partner shouldn"t bite the hand that feeds him. It is amazing to me that a person who claims he was a union official, driver and financial guru knocks the very same institution he claims he spent over 30 years of his life and collects a good pension because of it now bashes the union every chance he gets.
Also the "financial guru" got to retire at 55 because of his Union pension (which if he was honest he would admit that the only reason that happened was the pension) and collect over $800,000 giving him a big head start to wealth that most folks don't have....

Also the "financial guru" got to retire at 55 because of his Union pension (which if he was honest he would admit that the only reason that happened was the pension) and collect over $800,000 giving him a big head start to wealth that most folks don't have....
Wow!!!
You would think that someone that retired in “1004” would have a pension in the billions of dollars. No wonder he is so disgruntled and bitter towards the TEAMSTERS!!!
:lmao: :lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
You are exactly right ABF381. I have collected $640,000.00 since I retired and I thank God and my union for taking care of me and my wife in retirement. And lets not forget all of the money and healthcare I received in almost 40 years on the street. It's pretty disgusting to me to hear a former Teamster bad mouth the union and then cash that check every month.

Maybe, maybe not. I could present data from the NAR and the Labor Department showing that homeownership rates have increased over 65% in the last several decades while union membership rates are down over 50%.
That would also include time with the Fannie and Freddie scandals, and the constant pressure on banks from the government to lower borrowing standards....

Your union hating partner shouldn"t bite the hand that feeds him. It is amazing to me that a person who claims he was a union official, driver and financial guru knocks the very same institution he claims he spent over 30 years of his life and collects a good pension because of it now bashes the union every chance he gets.
There is no hand feeding anyone. He worked and was compensated for the pension contribution. It is not an entitlement.
Perhaps you are indebted to receive the pension you paid for, that's fine for you.
But he worked and earned that pension. Who knows had he invested the $$$ paid into that pension how much $$$$ he would have??
It is immaterial weather or not he likes his union, he earned what he is receiving. (most like much more but that's another story)

You are exactly right ABF381. I have collected $640,000.00 since I retired and I thank God and my union for taking care of me and my wife in retirement. And lets not forget all of the money and healthcare I received in almost 40 years on the street. It's pretty disgusting to me to hear a former Teamster bad mouth the union and then cash that check every month.
Receiving what you earned is not a crime.
If being a teamster LTL driver is so wonderful why are those jobs almost extinct?