ABF | Dash-cam / Personal Entertainment

If you watch the videos for the cameras they have in them trucks it reads stop signs and speed limit signs. Them cameras post warnings to the company if the company has a set up that way. Sounds like safety is getting bored and playing with equipment to me.
The driver said it was saftey that sent the video, but you just don’t know what to believe with this company anymore. To me they are using these cameras for more then the union agreed to....

The driver said it was saftey that sent the video, but you just don’t know what to believe with this company anymore. To me they are using these cameras for more then the union agreed to....
That’s a definite. We had posters from ABF saying it was only going to be used for accidents one minute before, one minute after an accident. This is just proof they’re not going by their own rules. Imagine that, a big company changing rules whenever they feel like it. The union should’ve never let them write the camera clause out of our contract. There was no reason to let them do that.

That’s a definite. We had posters from ABF saying it was only going to be used for accidents one minute before, one minute after an accident. This is just proof they’re not going by their own rules. Imagine that, a big company changing rules whenever they feel like it. The union should’ve never let them write the camera clause out of our contract. There was no reason to let them do that.
That’s the interpretation I got. They also been taking aerial photos taken & shows in blue where the driver drove around the business. If this continues their will be a harassment grievance filed....

That’s the interpretation I got. They also been taking aerial photos taken & shows in blue where the driver drove around the business. If this continues their will be a harassment grievance filed....
It is getting ridiculous. We’re the face and backbone of the company and the company wants to throw us under the bus. Go figure.

I asked my BA about the company using the camera for discipline and the answer I got was the company can't use the camera for discipline. My opinion is its only a matter of time before the try.

I asked my BA about the company using the camera for discipline and the answer I got was the company can't use the camera for discipline. My opinion is its only a matter of time before the try.
The problem is they wrote our camera safety net out of the contract on the 2014 thru 2018 contract. Along with they can fire us without any corroboration. Two things that got written into our contract that, in my opinion was stupid to give away.

The problem is they wrote our camera safety net out of the contract on the 2014 thru 2018 contract. Along with they can fire us without any corroboration. Two things that got written into our contract that, in my opinion was stupid to give away.

Absolutely! Thank you, Johnson and Sweeton.....and Hoffa Jr.

Mission creep,...A military term to "justify" expanded operations beyond the scope of the original plan. Apparently, ArcBest has a lot of ..."Mission Creeps".......
Will the Union Aid and Abet?.....YooHoo,....Ernie? A little "leadership", please.......

Yes,.....and it will come down to Civil Rights, Privacy Rights,....and who "owns" the rights to your company-generated image.
In My Opinion,.......It is imperative that each ABF employee deliver a copy to both the union and company,....stating that you,...personally,...do not give the company permission to "view, use, or collect"...your personal image.

The forward-facing camera is a little different,....but not by much. A guy going through two stop signs 40 foot apart,....is doing so , for a Reason,....not because of a "willful" violation of law. The only time ABF should pull up the camera,...is ONLY in the incidences where the police have written a ticket.
Other than that,....an employee with one year(100,000 miles/2000 hours minimum a year...) should, by that time, have enough OJT to make his own Safety decisions on the street. If he oozes through a stop sign,....there is probably a very good Reason for him to do so,...especially with the risk to his license/job, if a cop sees him doing it. Circumstances may make it...SAFER...to keep rolling.

This "armchair quarterbacking" with the camera crew safety department,.........who may not have any Real World driving experience,......is harassment.
Jury by Peers,........before that Safety Department Official/Camera viewer/TM......says ONE WORD about your...."driving techniques".....they should match their own driving record to the employee being harassed by a critique of his driving.....

How many of these TM's/Camera Surveillance people have had DUI's, speeding tickets, moving violations,.....in cars, diving maybe 20,000 miles a year?
And they have the NERVE to critique the driving skills of a guy with 800,000,...1,000,000,...3,000,000 miles wrestling 80,000 lbs. down the road?...Year after year?....10-12-14 hours a day?

Damn right there shouldn't be any discipline,......That's like a First Grader telling a High School Senior how to take his SAT's.......

I'd file a rebuttal,.......and have them attach that to the video of the ..."incident". Can't view the video without reading the rebuttal. The rebuttal should state that....the Driver's YEARS of experience enabled him to make a Safety decision to proceed. The FACT that there was no Citation issued,.........doesn't mean there WASN'T a policeman watching,...and FULLY APPROVING of the Driver's Actions at that time.

So,....Back off, armchair quarterback,.....until you can match the Experience of the Driver in Question,...you have no Right,...other than Harassment,...to critique that Driver's On-Road decisions.

Absolutely! Thank you, Johnson and Sweeton.....and Hoffa Jr.

Mission creep,...A military term to "justify" expanded operations beyond the scope of the original plan. Apparently, ArcBest has a lot of ..."Mission Creeps".......
Will the Union Aid and Abet?.....YooHoo,....Ernie? A little "leadership", please.......

Yes,.....and it will come down to Civil Rights, Privacy Rights,....and who "owns" the rights to your company-generated image.
In My Opinion,.......It is imperative that each ABF employee deliver a copy to both the union and company,....stating that you,...personally,...do not give the company permission to "view, use, or collect"...your personal image.

The forward-facing camera is a little different,....but not by much. A guy going through two stop signs 40 foot apart,....is doing so , for a Reason,....not because of a "willful" violation of law. The only time ABF should pull up the camera,...is ONLY in the incidences where the police have written a ticket.
Other than that,....an employee with one year(100,000 miles/2000 hours minimum a year...) should, by that time, have enough OJT to make his own Safety decisions on the street. If he oozes through a stop sign,....there is probably a very good Reason for him to do so,...especially with the risk to his license/job, if a cop sees him doing it. Circumstances may make it...SAFER...to keep rolling.

This "armchair quarterbacking" with the camera crew safety department,.........who may not have any Real World driving experience,......is harassment.
Jury by Peers,........before that Safety Department Official/Camera viewer/TM......says ONE WORD about your...."driving techniques".....they should match their own driving record to the employee being harassed by a critique of his driving.....

How many of these TM's/Camera Surveillance people have had DUI's, speeding tickets, moving violations,.....in cars, diving maybe 20,000 miles a year?
And they have the NERVE to critique the driving skills of a guy with 800,000,...1,000,000,...3,000,000 miles wrestling 80,000 lbs. down the road?...Year after year?....10-12-14 hours a day?

Damn right there shouldn't be any discipline,......That's like a First Grader telling a High School Senior how to take his SAT's.......

I'd file a rebuttal,.......and have them attach that to the video of the ..."incident". Can't view the video without reading the rebuttal. The rebuttal should state that....the Driver's YEARS of experience enabled him to make a Safety decision to proceed. The FACT that there was no Citation issued,.........doesn't mean there WASN'T a policeman watching,...and FULLY APPROVING of the Driver's Actions at that time.

So,....Back off, armchair quarterback,.....until you can match the Experience of the Driver in Question,...you have no Right,...other than Harassment,...to critique that Driver's On-Road decisions.
Do you think that we will get another contract that has anything to do with protecting our jobs? I’m just asking your opinion. I would like to right both of those wrongs back to being right. What do you think?

Do you think that we will get another contract that has anything to do with protecting our jobs? I’m just asking your opinion. I would like to right both of those wrongs back to being right. What do you think?

I truly think we need a leadership change at the very top of our Union. When that happens,.....and the new leadership puts......Real, Live, Freight people on the negotiating committees.....
......instead of the desk jockeys with lifetime appointments to Teamster positions,....because of who they know......NOT what they know......

Then, we might get some actual change,...and a contract with teeth. Hoffa’s busting up the NMFA is the absolute worst thing he could’ve done to trucking....
Allowing UPSFreight to have a separate contract....from either the NMFA or UPS......
......was the second worst thing......

The contract before the last one ABF got from the Teamsters,....back when I was still working,....our contract proposal meeting at Local #30 produced 43 contract proposals,....and Local #249’s,....in the same JC #40.....had another 23 different proposals......66 contract proposals from JC#40......

The Hoffa Toady ,..at the Two-Man Committee meetings,.....presented....NONE,...of our proposals to the Committee....
Literally,....she presented NONE! Of course, she had no Freight barns in her Local.........
What did she care?

But,.....a Hoffa-appointed Toady........See why our contracts stink?

I truly think we need a leadership change at the very top of our Union. When that happens,.....and the new leadership puts......Real, Live, Freight people on the negotiating committees.....
......instead of the desk jockeys with lifetime appointments to Teamster positions,....because of who they know......NOT what they know......

Then, we might get some actual change,...and a contract with teeth. Hoffa’s busting up the NMFA is the absolute worst thing he could’ve done to trucking....
Allowing UPSFreight to have a separate contract....from either the NMFA or UPS......
......was the second worst thing......

The contract before the last one ABF got from the Teamsters,....back when I was still working,....our contract proposal meeting at Local #30 produced 43 contract proposals,....and Local #249’s,....in the same JC #40.....had another 23 different proposals......66 contract proposals from JC#40......

The Hoffa Toady ,..at the Two-Man Committee meetings,.....presented....NONE,...of our proposals to the Committee....
Literally,....she presented NONE! Of course, she had no Freight barns in her Local.........
What did she care?

But,.....a Hoffa-appointed Toady........See why our contracts stink?

I couldn’t agree with you more. Freight is absolutely not represented anymore. The freight guys have to stand together or we are screwed. I wish guys like you were still here, but I’m afraid to say, no one sticks up for us anymore. Guys like you are hard to find.

I couldn’t agree with you more. Freight is absolutely not represented anymore. The freight guys have to stand together or we are screwed. I wish guys like you were still here, but I’m afraid to say, no one sticks up for us anymore. Guys like you are hard to find.

Teamsters decades ago were a "movement", today they are a "business". They no longer want to put any great effort into National Master Freight agreements for trucking. That's too big an issue to deal with effectively. They would rather organize small groups of individuals - police, public works employees, warehouse workers - with relatively small scale individual contracts. That avoids the large scale, very public issues formerly faced with the old "real" National Master Freight agreements. My opinion, disagree as you will.

Teamsters decades ago were a "movement", today they are a "business". They no longer want to put any great effort into National Master Freight agreements for trucking. That's too big an issue to deal with effectively. They would rather organize small groups of individuals - police, public works employees, warehouse workers - with relatively small scale individual contracts. That avoids the large scale, very public issues formerly faced with the old "real" National Master Freight agreements. My opinion, disagree as you will.
I agree with you. Not much action but not a lot of people willing to put up a fight either. Sad to say.