Averitt | Dead group

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
I stop by TB occasionally but I see that Averitt's thread on here is as dead as the company is.
So very glad to be away from that quagmire of inefficiencies and poor decisions.
Hope all of the employees (not associates) are doing well.
It still rings in my head what I heard back in the 90's during my orientation. "You will be a millionaire if you invest in the 401k and work here for 20 years". I should have left then and never looked back.

Well my friend , let a few friends you know about TB and feel free to rehash the old days.
There are plenty things to do here that you may find interesting like the joke thread crossword
puzzle , look around . Do like many get your coffee and put in your 2 cents like everyone else.

Thank you for being here.
SMOKESTACK

Well my friend , let a few friends you know about TB and feel free to rehash the old days.
There are plenty things to do here that you may find interesting like the joke thread crossword
puzzle , look around . Do like many get your coffee and put in your 2 cents like everyone else.

Thank you for being here.
SMOKESTACK
Should we tell LTL Lifer most of us on TB are millionaires, we just truck for fun.

Seabreeze you know that I am the hardest working man in trucking. Most of our drivers are on our Facebook page. I don't know why ltl lifer is so bitter, life is good over here at Averitt.
I worked there for about 20 years. Unless it has changed significantly in the last 8 years since I've been gone, it was a depressing place to work. Retirement is great! Whatever happened to Companyman?

I don't think Life is bitter, he just feels sorry for us poor folk.
Bingo. You got it! 💯
I spent 47 years in trucking and watched it evolve into what it is today and much of that evolvement is not good. Too much government involvement in areas they have no knowledge of. As a result, they have ruined it.
The ridiculous greenie environmental garbage that all of these companies have bought into is just icing on a bad cake.

Bingo. You got it! 💯
I spent 47 years in trucking and watched it evolve into what it is today and much of that evolvement is not good. Too much government involvement in areas they have no knowledge of. As a result, they have ruined it.
The ridiculous greenie environmental garbage that all of these companies have bought into is just icing on a bad cake.
Thanks to the Teamsters I didn't need to do 47 yrs.
I did 35 and retired at 54 back in 1990.
Thanks to the government decent truck driving jobs are few and far between today.