Averitt | Dead group

I stop by TB occasionally but I see that Averitt's thread on here is as dead as the company is.
So very glad to be away from that quagmire of inefficiencies and poor decisions.
Hope all of the employees (not associates) are doing well.
It still rings in my head what I heard back in the 90's during my orientation. "You will be a millionaire if you invest in the 401k and work here for 20 years". I should have left then and never looked back.
It’s odd that you mention the million they advertised. I recently left AVRT and went to a competitor but still talk to a few of the guys as I did make several good friends there. Some of the 35 plus year guys really got to analyzing their profit sharing and they are saying that less than 200k was actually put in by AVRT. The rest of it was their money and playing the markets.

I’m happier than I ever thought I’d be after the change. Seeing the waste, the overhead expenses, the good ole boys clubs that run rampant was really getting to be too much. What pushed me to leave though was when the management protected those who weren’t doing their job and were falsifying their work- it was time to go after I dealt with it personally. 👋

It’s odd that you mention the million they advertised. I recently left AVRT and went to a competitor but still talk to a few of the guys as I did make several good friends there. Some of the 35 plus year guys really got to analyzing their profit sharing and they are saying that less than 200k was actually put in by AVRT. The rest of it was their money and playing the markets.

I’m happier than I ever thought I’d be after the change. Seeing the waste, the overhead expenses, the good ole boys clubs that run rampant was really getting to be too much. What pushed me to leave though was when the management protected those who weren’t doing their job and were falsifying their work- it was time to go after I dealt with it personally. 👋
You made the right choice by leaving. When I look back on my days there I say the same thing. How did I ever stay so long? I guess I did not want to start over at the bottom of some other company's seniority board at the stage of life I was in at that time. When I started at Averitt, I, like everyone else, I listened to the BS and the empty promises. Luckily, I had made smart investments years before I got sucked into the red machine and so I am fortunate in hat regard.

Now happily retired, I seldom think of Averitt anymore. I see one of their trucks and it's like I get a pit in my stomach. The company will try and make you think that they are the greatest thing since pop-top beer cans but the truth is they are a very small fish in a huge pond.

Like you, I still have some acquaintances I speak with there from time to time. They ask me if I would ever consider coming back and I laughingly reply no way. Not to Averitt and not to any other trucking company, EVER.

I paid my dues in the trucking industry for 47 years. There is not enough money to entice me to go back to it. So, I enjoy every day being a Saturday.