Reddaway | Dead Rumors

ghost1980

TB Lurker
Credits
It seems to me that the rumors of selling USF are dying off. It sure would be nice if some rich guy would buy us and let us do our own thing.

Why does everyone want someone or something to buy what is left of the USF Corporation ? What makes it so that they want do the same thing that YRC did ? Why would a person Marry anther person who is almost in bankruptcy ? I know I wouldn't so I can be up to my eye balls in debt .

YRC is the one in bankruptcy. Reddaway is still making money but we are charged management fees by yrc which in turn makes is appear that we are not. When Yellow/Roadway bought us in 2005, we were growing. What YRC did is buy us to try and save their butts but obviously, that is not working. Reddaway still owns I-5 on the west coast.

YRC is the one in bankruptcy. Reddaway is still making money but we are charged management fees by yrc which in turn makes is appear that we are not. When Yellow/Roadway bought us in 2005, we were growing. What YRC did is buy us to try and save their butts but obviously, that is not working. Reddaway still owns I-5 on the west coast.

That about sums it up. Reddaway never had any problems until YRC came along.

I don't suppose you could show us the math? I just don't see how Reddaway can be profitable when there is such a huge amount of Home Depot freight in the system:pirate2:

I don't suppose you could show us the math? I just don't see how Reddaway can be profitable when there is such a huge amount of Home Depot freight in the system:pirate2:

Ok you want a call out? I for one have access to Reddaway's system as do hundreds of other people. I can tell you that Reddaway is profitable in most areas. All? No....but most.

I'm in a terminal that had YRC pushed onto our dock. They didn't pay rent for nearly six months before the TM went ape ::shit:: about getting compensation. They don't pay squat for rent compared to their last place. YRC took an operating lien against our building...public knowledge. It wasn't Reddaway's doing.

I watch them...I've never seen a slower group of people in my life. Other local companies call them the garbage truck. I hear and watch our management hound us to death over man hours while they do a 1/4 of what we do. Their linehaul in one day gets more wait time than my guys in a week.

All while they sit back and LOL at how ...THEY are the one's making the money....LOL....whatever.

You say HD is crap freight? I can tell you I see pricing and if you do to explain to me where we're getting hosed? It's keeping men employed and generating good revenue. At least for my terminal. Before the buyout I competed with YRC in the sale's arena with certain customer's...I can tell you that in certain areas they're the one's carry for nothing.

Sorry man didn’t mean to strike a nerve. Everything you said is true I know about the ridicules fees Reddaway pays to YRC, the rent for terminals, 6 months rent would buy the place. But take YRC out of the equation. Bestway was doing fine until they picked up Home Depot. We as Bestway drivers use to get a profit sharing check every year, on our weekly check stub would be a statement” your share of our success is $$$$”. One year in September we picked up the home depot account, at the time my share of Bestways success was 1,300, when I got my profit scaring check it was 57 dollars. Home depot sucked out 9 months of profit out of Bestway in two and a half mounts. That was the last profit sharing check we ever saw, and this was pre YRC. Also if you look at Reddaways history they were money making machine until Bestway came along but it wasn’t Bestway or YRC that drug Reddaway down It is Home Depot. Like I said before If Reddaway loses Home Depot half the guys will lose their jobs. If reddaway keeps Home Depot everyone loses their job. My gut feeling is that someone is getting a kick back from Home Depot that will set their family up for generations. Look I know you’re a proud, loyal Reddaway employee but that company is gone only the name remains.
You still didn’t show me the math:pirate2:

YRC assessed Holland and New Penn management fees and stole alot of Hollands/New Penns good freight accounts over a year ago and put that stolen freight on Roadway and Yellow before the merger. YRC has probably determined now its time that YRC corporate should start the same blood sucking tactics on Reddaways system also. What a bunch of empty head idiots run YRC corporate. :TR10driving03::ranting2:

YRC assessed Holland and New Penn management fees and stole alot of Hollands/New Penns good freight accounts over a year ago and put that stolen freight on Roadway and Yellow before the merger. YRC has probably determined now its time that YRC corporate should start the same blood sucking tactics on Reddaways system also. What a bunch of empty head idiots run YRC corporate. :TR10driving03::ranting2:
Ok here is another tactic that is being used./
Sell the terminal YRCW gets the revenue for the sale for their bottom line.
Now who gets charged for the rent?

It seems to me that the rumors of selling USF are dying off. It sure would be nice if some rich guy would buy us and let us do our own thing.

So our ba from the local stops in today and gives us an update on contract talks from the 26 th and 27 th. and says THE COMPANY IS ACTIVELY SELLING REDDAWAY AND NEW PENN !! Who what where I dont know ? but thats what the man said ! They meet again on june 16th.

So our ba from the local stops in today and gives us an update on contract talks from the 26 th and 27 th. and says THE COMPANY IS ACTIVELY SELLING REDDAWAY AND NEW PENN !! Who what where I dont know ? but thats what the man said ! They meet again on june 16th.

Interesting?

ABF:pirate2:

You mean selling their property and equipment?

No. THE company AKA REDDAWAY. Does anyone really think that we would spend the money to remove USF from our company right now ? where did that cash come from ? come on. THE only reason to remove USF is because someone (more than likely ) has ALLREADY bought us. ! I dont have any info on who or when. maby end of the second quarter ? WHO knows !

I don't see how we could be sold and no one knows it. We still haven't changed anything with the usf on our equipment. Even the pamphlet with the new guarantee stuff says USF Reddaway. There is no money to change that.

One of our CSR's here at corporate got a serious booty-chewin' and written up for "forgetting" to leave out the "USF" when answering the phone. We have one micro-manager here that about had a coronary one day because one of my bra straps was showing---didn't look "professional". My solution was to just take the thing off...

One of our CSR's here at corporate got a serious booty-chewin' and written up for "forgetting" to leave out the "USF" when answering the phone. We have one micro-manager here that about had a coronary one day because one of my bra straps was showing---didn't look "professional". My solution was to just take the thing off...[clap::woohoo1:

I don't see how we could be sold and no one knows it. We still haven't changed anything with the usf on our equipment. Even the pamphlet with the new guarantee stuff says USF Reddaway. There is no money to change that.

The equipment will be the last thing to have the logo removed. But thats the plan.