TForce | Decertification

UPSFreightMan

TB Lurker
Credits
Just spoke to a Road Driver from FRM. He states that FRM has filed a petition for decertification. Supposedly they will be having an election in the next 2 weeks.

Says that the teamsters local promised them the NMFA and now they are finding out all the info and do not like what they are hearing. Too many guys there have alot of money tied up in the 401k and they still have a bad taste for the local there from the strike. He said some guys were pressured to sign cards and that they even blocked trucks on side streets to get signatures. He said they want a real vote with no pressure.

Says that the teamsters local promised them the NMFA and now they are finding out all the info and do not like what they are hearing. Too many guys there have alot of money tied up in the 401k and they still have a bad taste for the local there from the strike. He said some guys were pressured to sign cards and that they even blocked trucks on side streets to get signatures. He said they want a real vote with no pressure.

This is about the third time you have posted this BS. But last time you added Pennsuken ,newbuegh .what happened there .All of your post are non union BULLSHIT.

Anyone who doesn't sign the card is a fool. These companies dream of ways to take bread out of the mouth of the workingman and his family. Only with an iron-clad contract does the blue-collar man stand any chance of getting his piece of the pie in this globalized (read: SLAVE LABOR) world.

God Bless the working man!!!

I was in FRM last week. I was not told anything about a decert vote. I was told somehow the local got FRM employees bunched in as a part of the Newburgh terminal. I gathered FRM employees are trying to get into a different local than the one the cards were turned into. From the employees I talked to, I would think rumors of a decert vote would be false. They seemed quite happy to be Teamsters.

Good luck to all . All I can say is that on the first contract you have to start SOMEWHERE SAY GROUND ZERO, Then you work up from there . But when you have a contract it'll be better than before .It's a starting point .

I was in FRM last week. I was not told anything about a decert vote. I was told somehow the local got FRM employees bunched in as a part of the Newburgh terminal. I gathered FRM employees are trying to get into a different local than the one the cards were turned into. From the employees I talked to, I would think rumors of a decert vote would be false. They seemed quite happy to be Teamsters.

A first contract is just that a first contract . You won't get the moon right away.
So you start small, and build up.
Good Luck to all.

Even I am calling BS on this one.

You can't decertify until you are union, your union membership doesn't go into effect until you ratify a contract.

By signing that card your not joining the union.

What does the 401k matter. Your not losing your 401k. There is not going to be a 3.5% match. Go back to the browncafe Freightman.:eck15:

Signing a card grants the union the right to represent you in barganing for a contract.
Once you have signed the card theres a 45 waiting period to contest the right to renig,or to say you don't want to be represented after all.
Once the 45 days is up I believe you are represented,and have to wait an entire year to file for a decertification vote.
Just over 50% have to agree to be decertified when the votes are counted.

But since UPS has rebranded Overnite all the rules that have been loaded up on you without any input by any employees.
why wouldn't you want an outside organization to offer you a voice against your working conditions at your company?

The Teamsters are offering you a choice in being represented,or just putting up with what the company throws your way.

I'm retired now so I no longer have anything to say with this latest union organization drive.
All I can do now is give my opinion as someone looking from the outside.

Opinions are like backsides everyone has one,so you can either take mine or leave it,its totally up to you.

one year from today 60 percent of the upsfreight employees will not be in the union that is just the way it is...once a s*** always a s***.

This is a pretty "Harsh" statement this early in the game... "Don't you think?"

Tell "me"... matter of fact "tell us all" that "you are not calling 60% of UPS Freight employees S****"

Do you even know what a "S***" is?

Or is this just a word that "you" toss around freely without remorse and or conviction?

Let me tell you something... This is "no" different then "punching someone in the face"... It is used to "demoralize" and "humiliate"... "No-one" at this stage of the game deserves such treatment!

As far as I am concerned... Everyone that is a UPS Freight employee now as well as in the future receives a "clean slate"... Everyone is starting at the same point regardless of who there are or where they have been.

You need to understand something...

(actually everyone needs to revisit this thought)

Once we are teamsters "we all become EQUALS"...

"Same Pay", "Same Work", "Same Rules", and "Same Union"

"Respect" and "Dignity" for your fellow brother and sister is imperative... and should always be taken into consideration above all else.

But since UPS has rebranded Overnite all the rules that have been loaded up on you without any input by any employees.
why wouldn't you want an outside organization to offer you a voice against your working conditions at your company?

The Teamsters are offering you a choice in being represented,or just putting up with what the company throws your way.

This comment has or at least should have taken on a whole new meaning as of late...

especially for those that are indecisive and or on the fence whether bringing in the union is necessary or not...

It should be quite obvious by now that we are all employees at will and can be replaced without notice or reason... with that said… “without” teamster intervention we have no hope of challenging changes, inappropriate disciple and violation of seniority...

UP's has backed us all into a corner...

(They could have made some changes for the betterment of the workforce... but they chose not to)

UP's wants us to be unionized and has made it clear with their actions that it is going to be necessary - one way or another...

NIK,,, thanks for cutting back on your "marks". it made your typical high quality comments much easier for me to read.

Signing a card grants the union the right to represent you in barganing for a contract.
Once you have signed the card theres a 45 waiting period to contest the right to renig,or to say you don't want to be represented after all.
Once the 45 days is up I believe you are represented,and have to wait an entire year to file for a decertification vote.
Just over 50% have to agree to be decertified when the votes are counted.

I'm retired now so I no longer have anything to say with this latest union organization drive.
All I can do now is give my opinion as someone looking from the outside.

Opinions are like backsides everyone has one,so you can either take mine or leave it,its totally up to you.

Actually the answer is in there it's just a little convoluted.
During the 45 day period a petition can be initated for either representation by another union, or decertification altogether.
That is why it was so important to get big numbers initally. That would discourage another union to spend the time money and effort to attempt to steal this company, barn region etc from the originally chosen union, and to discourage the decert effort, mbecause the numbers show that also be futile.
Hope this helps:smilie_132:

This is about the third time you have posted this BS. But last time you added Pennsuken ,newbuegh .what happened there .All of your post are non union BULLSHIT.

I will provide proof tomorrow. The road driver will be bringing me a photocopy of the petition filing and I will prove once and for all you don't know what you are talking about. He organized the petition and received 38 of 66 signatures. Only 30% are required to sign the petition to have an election. It is even posted on the notice that should be hangng at your barn.

I will provide proof tomorrow. The road driver will be bringing me a photocopy of the petition filing and I will prove once and for all you don't know what you are talking about. He organized the petition and received 38 of 66 signatures. Only 30% are required to sign the petition to have an election. It is even posted on the notice that should be hangng at your barn.

Im assuming you will be supplying the same from pennsauken and newburgh.AS you earlier posted.:smilie_132: