TForce | Decertification

Says that the teamsters local promised them the NMFA and now they are finding out all the info and do not like what they are hearing. Too many guys there have alot of money tied up in the 401k and they still have a bad taste for the local there from the strike. He said some guys were pressured to sign cards and that they even blocked trucks on side streets to get signatures. He said they want a real vote with no pressure.
Agreed. If anyone told you that you would get NMFA or better and you bought it SHAME ON YOU. I don't believe that anyone from the Teamster would tell you that. My local told us flat out that they were trying to get us better than the Indy contract but nothing was guarenteed. So whos BSing who here.

They match in UPS stock anyway. NOT CASH. I don't like the 401K UPS provides. It was better when we had Vanguard before.

Correct. You need to earn your better benefits through negotiation. The old way they told you what you were worth and what kind of medical coverage and pention would would get. Now you have a say in what you feel is right for you and your family.

If this is true that is pretty ignorant on there part. Do the workers there ever think things through and way they're options.

I don't know about you, but I liked to be informed on the money I work hard for and am investing in my future. Citi Street sends you a letter at the end of the year. Also the UPS website is a pain in the *** when it comes to navagation.

where were you when upsfreight and overnite was doing what they did to us...where were you when we were fighting off decerts when we needed help....a **** is a **** and I stand on my statement...not that we have set the way for the union you guys want to jump on and get the benefits.......good luck

401k was alot better with vanguard

The 401 was better with "O". It was "O" that set up the 401 with Vangaurd. "O" is now gone. "O" would have been gone if they would have continued in the path they blazed for themselves, in a time of rouge economic times the last thing a shipper wants is someone who would have crushed thier freight, and have been more concearned with the #'s as opposed to the condition of thier freight apon delivery . With UPS we have seen OS&D drop significant #'s, improvement in delivered freight , and transit times improve, as well as the implementation of technology.

"O" never would have done this, as it was it took them forever to fix equipment mainly because they drained the money for upkeep to pay us for what you do not have now.

"O" was an operations oriented company, not customer oriented. As far as the union , well I believe in the union in theory, not in practice, and what people have mentioned about being forced into a contract, is exactly right. "DEAD ON BROTHA" . We had no voice in the beginning and we will have less of a voice 5 years from now. I hope to hell I am wrong, but I doubt it.