Estes | Didn't realize how Petty Estes can be

My own pretrial deal with a set always was, once you're ready to roll make sure the set will roll backwards. If not at first, somewhere in the yard before you go out the gate. This situation, maybe just a tad bit of inexperience got this driver in trouble. Previous posts about backing set up to free shoes from drum, all good advice. Last resort, beat the damn shoe with a hammer. One of the reasons I moved to AZ.
Flagstaff?

My own pretrial deal with a set always was, once you're ready to roll make sure the set will roll backwards. If not at first, somewhere in the yard before you go out the gate. This situation, maybe just a tad bit of inexperience got this driver in trouble. Previous posts about backing set up to free shoes from drum, all good advice. Last resort, beat the damn shoe with a hammer. One of the reasons I moved to AZ.
One of the reasons I always carried a hammer.

No current Estes driver will dare to comment, since management watches any negative comments. I am no longer employed with them because of their treatment of this incident
I work for Estes and and they do have some crappy equipment and some pretty bad mechanics at some of the terminals. The yard hostler should of noticed that trailer tire and turned it into the shop. What Estes did was wrong on their part. If you drive at night you cant necessarily see a skid mark right off the bat. Ive seen trailers with the landing gear handle broke off and dropped and left for the driver to contend with which you dont get paid by the hour if you are line haul. Ive seen trailers especially in Charlotte that are only 3 inches a part so you have to drag them out just to get to the landing gear handle. Was always scared of bending the landing gear and they will suspend you for that but they never tell the hostlers to stop that nonsense. Im sorry what happened to you bro.

I am an estes driver. just for comparison I got 5 days suspension for losing a dolly down a hill and it striking a trailer. also on two separate occasions I've dropped a back box, both times in front of hostlers and there were no reports written I just cranked them back up and went about my day. what I've learned at Estes is that for 1 reported accident there are 500 that are unreported, so Estes takes it out on the ones who actually get caught. kinda like punishing you for saying something. it is a daily occurrence here that people damage equipment and just move on because no one saw it. 90% of the time they pass the buck to the next driver.
This is true. Yard hostlers do a lot of damage and leave for the drivers to contend with.

I work for Estes and and they do have some crappy equipment and some pretty bad mechanics at some of the terminals. The yard hostler should of noticed that trailer tire and turned it into the shop. What Estes did was wrong on their part. If you drive at night you cant necessarily see a skid mark right off the bat. Ive seen trailers with the landing gear handle broke off and dropped and left for the driver to contend with which you dont get paid by the hour if you are line haul. Ive seen trailers especially in Charlotte that are only 3 inches a part so you have to drag them out just to get to the landing gear handle. Was always scared of bending the landing gear and they will suspend you for that but they never tell the hostlers to stop that nonsense. Im sorry what happened to you bro.
The 3 inches probably wasn't the spotters first attempt

I've seen a few clutch discs with all the meat ripped off and just a bare plate left.
My thoughts when I 1st heard about it. They're easier to change, better stopping power but don't last nearly as long. I've been driving trucks since 1990 and never had a problem stopping with drum brakes.
I didn't think I was gonna like automatics either.
I didn't think air ride was a good idea when they first came out
I'll let the pencil pushers run the show and just keep driving