XPO | Do you use a CB?

truck-driver

watcher
Credits
I'm just wondering out there how many of you use a cb while driving.
If not, why not think it would be a good tool to have in your truck.

just wondering who don't and who does?

I always have it in the truck. It's nice to have even though I generally turn it off as soon as someone starts talking. Most of our drivers run the upper channels that I don't have but I run a lot of two-lane and 19 has helped out a couple times. I miss having an assigned truck but I still put the box in every night.

Does anyone still run the company channel?

Every day, just in case. No assigned truck, I'm just not that special, I guess. I've got a compact box that's very easy to hook and unhook.

Every day, just in case. No assigned truck, I'm just not that special, I guess. I've got a compact box that's very easy to hook and unhook.

That's what I have to make. Mine is nice but was built when I had an assigned unit - only removed it for PM's. I'll never be able to leave it in again so it's time to construct a new one.

it would be nice for conway to put am/fm radio in truck with a plate for your c.b. so you don't have to build a box.Hey just a thought we did not think we would ever get a.c or power steering ether.

it would be nice for conway to put am/fm radio in truck with a plate for your c.b. so you don't have to build a box.Hey just a thought we did not think we would ever get a.c or power steering ether.
Would be nice, but...Freightliners had decent am/fm's and somehow, at least at our place, we managed to destroy them. Knobs broken off, display cracked, etc... I have a feeling if we did have radios they would get broken. I would be happy with some factory speakers in the trucks with terminals on the dash to attach our radio to. That would make for some very compact and light radio boxes! Oh, yeh, nice until someone hooks up their 300watt stereo to the 50watt speakers....BOOM!

me and a few others from my barn run the company channel. occasionally i put it on 19 but not too often. i also talk to a few that i pass on the other one. its nice n quiet up there.

I can't get anything on company from those I pass or am close to in the same direction. I get a few Con-way's on 19 on the two-lane mountain roads but that's about it. I generally end up running with a bulk hauler on roughly the same schedule and get a hello from an Estes driver going the other way. The drivers at the bulk company are more friendly than most of ours - go figure.

I can't get anything on company from those I pass or am close to in the same direction. I get a few Con-way's on 19 on the two-lane mountain roads but that's about it. I generally end up running with a bulk hauler on roughly the same schedule and get a hello from an Estes driver going the other way. The drivers at the bulk company are more friendly than most of ours - go figure.

its funny how our own drivers don't even talk to you on the radio. i get more of the other truck drivers on the radio :biglaugh:

hey gov... it's not that bad.... really. Oh, except for the time I had to take a 95 when it was in the low -30's and I lost my heat in the truck... pulled up to customs wearing all my survival gear, balaclava included. Customs officer looked at me, cleared my load as fast as he could, and said " get home before you freeze to death!! " Looked at him and said " too late."