XPO | Do you use a CB?

:TR10driving03:I used to run a galaxy radio it finaly died a horrible death last winter after ten years of faithful service. I haven't replaced it yet because with the oldest truck longest run policy I'm in and out of different trucks too much and no matter how careful you are you always end up breaking something. I'll probably get a new one when we get back to assigned trucks. It really comes in handy in the winter. A CB is definetaly better than the traffic report. Out here in the left coast we get that tule fog in the valley and some nights you are lucky to see past your hood so that radio comes in handy to let you know whats in front of you. Also Caltrans likes to shut the mountain passes as soon as a snowflake falls on the road, cause left coaster dont know how to drive on that stuff. A radio will help to get you around closures. We used to run channels 39 or 33 out here as the company channels. You really dont find to many new guys up there anymore just us old timers.

:TR10driving03:I used to run a galaxy radio it finaly died a horrible death last winter after ten years of faithful service. I haven't replaced it yet because with the oldest truck longest run policy I'm in and out of different trucks too much and no matter how careful you are you always end up breaking something. I'll probably get a new one when we get back to assigned trucks. It really comes in handy in the winter. A CB is definetaly better than the traffic report. Out here in the left coast we get that tule fog in the valley and some nights you are lucky to see past your hood so that radio comes in handy to let you know whats in front of you. Also Caltrans likes to shut the mountain passes as soon as a snowflake falls on the road, cause left coaster dont know how to drive on that stuff. A radio will help to get you around closures. We used to run channels 39 or 33 out here as the company channels. You really dont find to many new guys up there anymore just us old timers.

Every driver here takes their radio in and out daily - top dog down to the last guy. I'm still not used to it after leaving mine in a truck for the last few years. No doubt about breaking stuff. I dropped my entire box from seat level and banged it up pretty good. Broke another good mic by being careless also. Forget my satellite - two weeks of slip-seating and I went through two antennas.

I'm just wondering out there how many of you use a cb while driving.
If not, why not think it would be a good tool to have in your truck.

just wondering who don't and who does?

It can be a great tool....it can also be very irritating...just like tb it all depends how the driver chooses to use it....but no i dont use 1 anymore ....its to much trouble jumping from truck to truck alsways having to move it...i find it easier to do without....but i do miss it in severe weather