XPO | Dock doors Opened?

SickandTired

TB Lurker
Credits
Did anyone hear of this new policy? Dock doors at all reships have to be left opened at all times, wether there is a trailer in the door or not. In XCW we were told this. It was cold a couple of days ago with the wind blowing onto the dock. Was told we couldnt shut the doors with no trailers in them. Was told it was a new Conway policy, that came down from the big shots in Ann Arbor. No one could tell me why though. Been to other reships in the last couple of days, management at these reships never heard of this. I think someone at XCW is blowing smoke up our butts. I think a door might have got damaged and their making this up. Has anyone else heard of this new policy?

Did anyone hear of this new policy? Dock doors at all reships have to be left opened at all times, wether there is a trailer in the door or not. In XCW we were told this. It was cold a couple of days ago with the wind blowing onto the dock. Was told we couldnt shut the doors with no trailers in them. Was told it was a new Conway policy, that came down from the big shots in Ann Arbor. No one could tell me why though. Been to other reships in the last couple of days, management at these reships never heard of this. I think someone at XCW is blowing smoke up our butts. I think a door might have got damaged and their making this up. Has anyone else heard of this new policy?

That is a bold face lie. Stupid moronic rules usually come down from an SCM or an FOM that has an ego.

ask marty whats the deal,:funky: he will say at xcw we opened the doors on monday and closed them on saturday unless rain or snow was making a wet floor:chairshot:........always been that way, i think is in the pride book :hide: i will cheek and get back.....:smilie_132:

It is in the pride book. Doors are to be open unless it makes for an unsafe working condition or difficult is the way I remember reading it.

Ever been to XSX (Springfield, MA)...newer dock, and they didnt even install doors in it...and it gets wicked cold there...

ask marty whats the deal,:funky: he will say at xcw we opened the doors on monday and closed them on saturday unless rain or snow was making a wet floor:chairshot:........always been that way, i think is in the pride book :hide: i will cheek and get back.....:smilie_132:

You can check the PRIDE book but not the policy book...amazing.

dock doors

makes sense to me... cuts down on replacement cost when a forklift goes off the dock. you need to start thinking outside the box.

It is difficult to break trailers if you are in the break room trying to get warm.

So dress warm and dont go in the break room...all the metro NYC DSR's spend most of the winter in the break room, and when they are on the dock...they do basically nothing...you can only imagine the types they are...

Doors, what doors? Most docks out here on the left coast don't have doors. It sure is fun when the wind is blowing or when its raining

Think outside the box?

makes sense to me... cuts down on replacement cost when a forklift goes off the dock. you need to start thinking outside the box.

Maybe a closed door might help keep a fork truck from going off the dock. I know when OSHA goes into a business for inspection. If there is doors that a fork truck can fall out of, OSHA makes them put at least a chain across the door. Its usually a plastic yellow chain so the driver can see the opening better. I think replacing a door is cheaper than replacing a life from a fork truck or driver falling out of a door. My box is bigger than your box.

Now that makes me wonder about dock in Dallas when the driver slid off the dock and was killed. It had rained and they had a wet dock.

Maybe a closed door might help keep a fork truck from going off the dock. I know when OSHA goes into a business for inspection. If there is doors that a fork truck can fall out of, OSHA makes them put at least a chain across the door. Its usually a plastic yellow chain so the driver can see the opening better. I think replacing a door is cheaper than replacing a life from a fork truck or driver falling out of a door. My box is bigger than your box.

If an 8000 pound forklift is going to go off the dock...the cheapie tin doors they buy are not going to stop it...as a hostler, I never understood why conway wouldnt put chains across the doorways...like they do at closed check out isles at grocery stores...put them from guard pole to guard pole...most trailers are fine, but the swing door vans, we walk back to the back, discover the lazy sector FOS didnt even pull the dock plate to indicate the trailer is going to be pulled out...we then remove the chock and wakl all the way back to the yard horse...i have more then once felt the trailer bounce as i was getting ready to pull away from the dock...and it was always a forklift backing in or pulling in for what ever reason...yep..little chains with dog clips on on end and an eye bolt on the guard poles would sure prevent alot of problems and potential serious incidents/accidents...

So dress warm and dont go in the break room...all the metro NYC DSR's spend most of the winter in the break room, and when they are on the dock...they do basically nothing...you can only imagine the types they are...

I was addressing the part of the rule that said "unsafe or difficult".

Ever been to XSX (Springfield, MA)...newer dock, and they didnt even install doors in it...and it gets wicked cold there...

YES! Every night my friend. Blows like a bastard there in the valley. I wonder if I know you. I run XSX every night. Well, occasionally I will run XAB to Albany....

PM me if you dont want to share.

YES! Every night my friend. Blows like a bastard there in the valley. I wonder if I know you. I run XSX every night. Well, occasionally I will run XAB to Albany....

PM me if you dont want to share.

Oh heck I can share...i am out the door anyways due to injuries...Dan R from XHR...soon to be Dan R former conway DSR...

maybe its a cost cutting deal! :hysterical: Won`t let the heat out in winter, or the hot air in come summer! :funky:

Thats funny...when i first started at XHR we had the insulation pads on the doors...we still have the heaters in the ceiling on the dock and they still work...our TM took all the insul pads off the doors and painted brown...errr now gay blue to match our gay blue striped trucks and trailers stripes in their place...

Oh heck I can share...i am out the door anyways due to injuries...Dan R from XHR...soon to be Dan R former conway DSR...

I havent ran XSX regularly since early 2000, started running XCV, then XLJ, then XNJ...i was second for XAB for a couple of years, a couple of years ago (turned out to "only" more then enough for me to move XAB to the bottom of the bid list (even below XBP which is only 45 miles down the road) 2 years ago...got so tired of those lazy turds that ran there...i was fortunate most of the time though, as I hostled so that is usually where i would be, some nights when the XAB driver would leave at 0300 to do a zone run, they would leave me out there by myself...joyable...making probably 40 of the 110-120 moves all by yourself in a matter of 2 hours or so...that was the only FAC i have ever actually dozed off while parking...that was on a sat morning after everything started winding down with the moves and the XAB dude had left me all alone at about 0300...man oh man, we had trailers parked across the road in the piano warehouse, MTs out about 7 layers deep all the way to the exit gate, they had like 74 drivers that night...only time i had ever seen that...but i recall i kicked back and rubbed my eyes and that was it until Steve (FOS now on outbound) called me in to get my loads...the Fred and Steve team were the best...