Yellow | Dock only guys where are you going to find a job making $19.00 an hour

Why do you think Zollars won't retire until his master plan is in order? To get Teamsters out of trucking for good! That's the Plan!!!

hundreds of years will pass before that could possibly happen

September 22, 2010

The Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee (TNFINC) continues to meet with YRCW this week to work through issues related to its financial situation.

that means it's uppercut time

I wouldn't be surprised if the dock-men take an uppercut and a body shot

the union givith and the union takith

keep your head down..YRC is heavy handed​

And leave it all for the ones that are happy. You have no more right to force your happiness "at all cost" on me than I have to force my miserableness on you. And vice versa. Looks like were joined at the hip, doesn't it.
Yes it would seem that we are! My point is simple, and I don't mean you specifically, if you are miserable at YRC then use the MOU to take a LOA. I don't want to hear my barn won't let me. READ the MOU YRC's permission is NOT required. They MUST let you take a LOA unless you are going to work for a direct competitor. Contribution to a Teamster pension is NOT required. I've been driving trucks for most of the last 35 years, and I have quit 3 times because I had had enough. Everyone needs to grow up. If you are truly miserable at YRC at least you DON'T have to quit, you may take a LOA and find out for yourself whether or not the green IS greener.

Yes it would seem that we are! My point is simple, and I don't mean you specifically, if you are miserable at YRC then use the MOU to take a LOA. I don't want to hear my barn won't let me. READ the MOU YRC's permission is NOT required. They MUST let you take a LOA unless you are going to work for a direct competitor. Contribution to a Teamster pension is NOT required. I've been driving trucks for most of the last 35 years, and I have quit 3 times because I had had enough. Everyone needs to grow up. If you are truly miserable at YRC at least you DON'T have to quit, you may take a LOA and find out for yourself whether or not the green IS greener.
I wish this was the Holland board....I'd have something to say!

Speak your mind

I wish this was the Holland board....I'd have something to say!
PM me I don't have thin skin. I post how I feel, I don't get offended. Keep in mind that I have never once said that I am pleased at what has occurred here. Concessions have cost me $10,000+ this year alone! Never mind killing any thought of 25 and out!

Well said Albag....I had one brother "suggest" I leave because of the grim future (while he is still working....hmmmm....imagine that???) I even asked for assistance in finding one of "these better jobs people would go to if YRC shuts down" A lot of talk but no answers. I too am not happy about the concessions but I spent 2 years on layoff and working a POS job with lousy insurance that I had to pay 1/2. I know whats out there.

so what im hearing from the yes men is ....... ill be glad to work here till death for non union wages and med you have to pay half for and a pansion you will never see.
good job $ bill will be proud and thinking of you while he retires at his beach house on his private island.

Take a LOA!

It doesent matter what you vote they're still going to push this through, the wage consession and anything else they want. There is way to many people here at YRC that are in over their heads in debt.. I wish my fellow Bros would have a backbone and just say no. There are jobs out there, just not high paying ones like YRC has been. I took a LOA and took another job that pays a lot less but a lot of the stress is gone. I know a few people who had heart attacks cause of the forecasted job loss. Moving on is hard, but it beats the alternative of having no backbone and taking from YRC.

By finding a job with better healthcare and lower copays ,closer to home for less commute expense , and overall better health due to reduced stress from YRC BS , $19 an hour is just a number .Many ways to look at the situation .Will your vote feed your family ,or corporate greed ??

Thank You for making this point. I tried to make this point along time ago when this all hit the fan. We make our decisions based on our best interest and I decided for myself I no longer except my union brothers deciding whats best for me. I didn't agree with the deals and voted no both times but I excepted the conditions.
I left the company because I can no longer except what the majority will and the lameness of "we have a job".

I'm in a situation financially than most dream of, the home is paid for , kids are out of the house, and the only debt I carry is my wife (sarcasm) this all drives my attitude and what is and has been no longer is acceptable to me.

I left and have no intentions of looking back or desire to return to union membership. I'm through with all of it. Much happier making what I'm worth for what I do, instead of doing more for less.

I agree with you and a good point made. Regardless I wish the best for all.

Thank You for making this point. I tried to make this point along time ago when this all hit the fan. We make our decisions based on our best interest and I decided for myself I no longer except my union brothers deciding whats best for me. I didn't agree with the deals and voted no both times but I excepted the conditions.
I left the company because I can no longer except what the majority will and the lameness of "we have a job".

I'm in a situation financially than most dream of, the home is paid for , kids are out of the house, and the only debt I carry is my wife (sarcasm) this all drives my attitude and what is and has been no longer is acceptable to me.

I left and have no intentions of looking back or desire to return to union membership. I'm through with all of it. Much happier making what I'm worth for what I do, instead of doing more for less.

I agree with you and a good point made. Regardless I wish the best for all.

:fruit: Hope your not a greeter at Walmart :732: