XPO | Does management read this?

SickandTired

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering if anyone knows if management at Conway reads these boards. I mean really knows for sure. I would think this would give them some really good input on what their employees are thinking. Ive read some legitimate gripes on here. Ive read lots of really good input on the way things could be run better. I think management could benefit by reading this stuff. Maybe we could put a bug in their ear with an anonymous letter or phone call. But the way this company has changed in the last couple of years, its probably a waste of time. They just dont seem to care what we think anymore. They dont seem like a friendly bunch. Its their way or no way. Its too bad, because the ones who want to see this company succeed more than anyone are the drivers. I know I dont want to be looking for another job. It just seems their running this place into the ground.

They read this 100% without a shadow of a doubt!
You can take that to the bank!
It's good as gold!
They visit this play pen quite often and some ideas have stemmed from here.

I was wondering if anyone knows if management at Conway reads these boards. I mean really knows for sure. I would think this would give them some really good input on what their employees are thinking. Ive read some legitimate gripes on here. Ive read lots of really good input on the way things could be run better. I think management could benefit by reading this stuff. Maybe we could put a bug in their ear with an anonymous letter or phone call. But the way this company has changed in the last couple of years, its probably a waste of time. They just dont seem to care what we think anymore. They dont seem like a friendly bunch. Its their way or no way. Its too bad, because the ones who want to see this company succeed more than anyone are the drivers. I know I dont want to be looking for another job. It just seems their running this place into the ground.
This place is definately not the place it was 10 years ago. I think they're trying to save and cut back too much in too little time. Although the stock price is at $50. now. :funky::chairshot:

I think it is sad but what they are doing now to conway is similar to what they did to Emery, Conway Truckload (version 1), Conway Air and whatever other companies they have absorbed, milked dry and cast aside...the only thing keeping me from making 100% decision on this belief is the upper managers are milking the stock options and such which as anyone could be expected to do, taking advantage of it...why make 1 million when you can milk 3 million...but when that milk money is gone...so will be conway...

To answer your question yes they do. I know some in management and they know of the boards. I also agree with you that if we were to post a serious topic with some positive feedback maybe they will take notice.There is so much negative and non-truth on here I wonder if they would take us seriously .

I dont see it

To answer your question yes they do. I know some in management and they know of the boards. I also agree with you that if we were to post a serious topic with some positive feedback maybe they will take notice.There is so much negative and non-truth on here I wonder if they would take us seriously .

I do see a lot of negativity, but theres a reason for most of it. A lot of it is legitimate griping and truth. I dont see a lot of non-truth. But I do see a lot of petty griping. You have to admit, this company has changed and not for the better. It used be customer and employee oriented. They used to care about their customers and employees. It doesnt seem that way now.

I do see a lot of negativity, but theres a reason for most of it. A lot of it is legitimate griping and truth. I dont see a lot of non-truth. But I do see a lot of petty griping. You have to admit, this company has changed and not for the better. It used be customer and employee oriented. They used to care about their customers and employees. It doesnt seem that way now.

O.K. maybe not non-truth but you get the idea

They know about this site. They loved reading the http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/con-way-freight/9767-whats-happening-xmd.html They were laughing at plungebob .. so if you look at this in a different view .. other managers think plungebob is a fool.
His own terminal laughs at him behind his back and they love it when he takes time off. He is what you should not be in management, but G.O condones this.

They also like reading the hottest topic in the Con-way forum: Marty minute
What every TM dreams to achieve. The Perfect fixed Audit! and become best pals with Dave M. and receive a Christmas card.

Some other hot topics:
Five Seconds Until Termination

Con-way actively looking to sell itself
....and any other topics that crop up from their take-aways.

Before these boards broke awhile back, G.O had an APB out in the Midwest to stop a certain cancer from attacking.

His own terminal laughs at him behind his back and they love it when he takes time off. He is what you should not be in management, but G.O condones this.

They also like reading the hottest topic in the Con-way forum: Marty minute
What every TM dreams to achieve. The Perfect fixed Audit! and become best pals with Dave M. and receive a Christmas card.

Some other hot topics:
Five Seconds Until Termination

Con-way actively looking to sell itself
....and any other topics that crop up from their take-aways.

Before these boards broke awhile back, G.O had an APB out in the Midwest to stop a certain cancer from attacking.
Those SCM's got to love seeing their names in "lights"

To any Management who reads this!!!

IF NOT US< WHO ? IF NOT NOW << WHEN???

ENOUGH is ENOUGH

Blood sweat hard work and HOURS of time away from out FAMILY ( Con-Way is a family oriented company, or thats what you preach) BUILT this company... WE ( drivers ) got you fatcats where you are. WE (Drivers) made this company what it is. WE ( drivers) made you millions. Look at a time line of sorts . Not sure how long this message board has been around. If it were here in The J. D. days this room would be filled with POSITIVE comments. I used to be proud to work here. I would very HIGHLY reccomend people come here and find a job. I would wear my uniform into a store when I would go shopping after work. NOT ANYMORE ! When I see someone filling out an application I want so bad to tell them RUN out that door and DONT look back. It used to be a GREAT place to work. And it still CAN be again. DM stop the madness, stop the nit picking , You trust us to drive expensive trucks, filled with expensive freight, filled with liquid gold(diesel fuel) Well trust us to do the jod YOU hired us to do and GET OFF OUR BACKS!! WE the drivers built this company and keep treating us like this and you will get the employees you deserve.

Happy Easter

There is something inheritantly flawed with the way conway is run. Why did they have to buy CFI? Had they done things right they could've got conway truckload off the ground. So buying CFI to me is a waste of money, it fills in for their incompetence. But then again I'm not wearing a blue hat and working there.

I think it is sad but what they are doing now to conway is similar to what they did to Emery, Conway Truckload (version 1), Conway Air and whatever other companies they have absorbed, milked dry and cast aside...the only thing keeping me from making 100% decision on this belief is the upper managers are milking the stock options and such which as anyone could be expected to do, taking advantage of it...why make 1 million when you can milk 3 million...but when that milk money is gone...so will be conway...

There is something inheritantly flawed with the way conway is run. Why did they have to buy CFI? Had they done things right they could've got conway truckload off the ground. So buying CFI to me is a waste of money, it fills in for their incompetence. But then again I'm not wearing a blue hat and working there.
Actually CFI is now Conway truckload. They bought CFI to expand the capacity of the Truckload division. It said so on the video.

It's like the owner of the Oreck Vacuum.
He liked the company so much he bought it.

CFI's infrastructure was on par with what Con-way was trying to achieve. (An already working corridor)
It's a puzzle piece to help them become global.

I ask the same question. It seems Conway rightfully felt they were not very proficient in building a truckload carrier. So why not buy one with the pension obligated funds? Our loyal employees won't mind and CFI comes with good management and drivers. Problem is that we are One Conway so their tentacles will penetrate all of CFI and reduce it to something it never thought it would be.

CFI (conway freight inside)......last trip I made, I counted 19 Conway Freight Inside units that passed me......all with yellow seals on the back door (you know the freight that we used to move but now don't)......not only passed me, but, blew my doors off, me at 62 and them at 80 (speed limit where I was, is 75, they are allowed to do 5 over)......two waved, one flipped me off, and several were laughing as they went by, laughing, no b/s, laughing.