FedEx Freight | Dolly policy?

Oh brother...... to this day I still do not understand the hatred between road and city drivers.

One can not survive with out the other.
Well turn the clock back to pre 2014. Before union push city and road had meetings together. Safety cookouts together.

After union push the company had to figure out a way it would never come back. So they made sure everyone thought we were a bunch of overpaid whiny drivers so everyone would resent us.

They let the city take are trucks, and made sure they didn't get back in time for our run. Then made us take nasty spares so we would be pissed at city.

Couple years later gave city 6 to 7% raise and gave road 3%. Every meeting tell everyone that linehaul is the companies biggest expense so everyone else hated road drivers.

Divide and conquer. Till this day 9 years later it's still working...

Well turn the clock back to pre 2014. Before union push city and road had meetings together. Safety cookouts together.

After union push the company had to figure out a way it would never come back. So they made sure everyone thought we were a bunch of overpaid whiny drivers so everyone would resent us.

They let the city take are trucks, and made sure they didn't get back in time for our run. Then made us take nasty spares so we would be pissed at city.

Couple years later gave city 6 to 7% raise and gave road 3%. Every meeting tell everyone that linehaul is the companies biggest expense so everyone else hated road drivers.

Divide and conquer. Till this day 9 years later it's still working...
SO ****ING TRUE

Need some help if you can drivers. What is the dolly policy? We have a shortage in Nashville. I thought if you didn't slipseat, and there was a shortage you were to drop you dolly off at pool.

We have senior extra board keeping dollies on their trucks so junior drivers are having to get dollies off trucks. One driver was told today not to remove dollies from trucks by management. Is this favoritism? I know myself I am not going to pull one of those old red national dollies if there is another option on the yard.

Thanks for yalls imput.
All I can say is every yard has it own set of rules. In Den you can't keep a dolly on a truck and if they are out of dollies, a linehaul driver can take the dolly from a city driver. Dammed if that city driver doesn't get just tad upset