FedEx Freight | Dolly policy?

I almost got fired by a road driver for taking his dolly. He told me he made a sacrifice going to the road, then said he was priority. Luckily he had to leave and make a payment on his new f350 dually so he just gave me a verbal warning.

I also wasn't allowed to sit with any road drivers at the last safety cookout. I have learned my lesson.

I almost got fired by a road driver for taking his dolly. He told me he made a sacrifice going to the road, then said he was priority. Luckily he had to leave and make a payment on his new f350 dually so he just gave me a verbal warning.

I also wasn't allowed to sit with any road drivers at the last safety cookout. I have learned my lesson.
I hope you called them Road Rats and threatened to have slept with their wives when they were working. That’s the old school comebacks anyway.

The tire thing is for real. As are brakes and ridiculously wide mudflaps.

Generally, my order for Dolly selection is:

1) series (weighting etc)
2) tires
3) brakes
4) chain clasps
5) fifth wheel manufacturer
6) hubs (greased, inflators?)

What else do you look for?
Rust on the fifth wheel were they haven't been used in months! I love the way it makes rear box wag like a dog tail.

There were 3 old red national dollies from what I was told. I don't use them either unless there is no other option.

Old national dollies
1. Are not counter balanced well.
2. Are notorious for stabbing rear pups.
3. The fifth wheel release fails alot, and have had to hold the release out while someone else pulled forward. "Very safe"

Why should someone be forced to use a unsafe dolly when that driver has gone home for the day?
Lets get these over to Express ASAP !

Oh brother...... to this day I still do not understand the hatred between road and city drivers.

One can not survive with out the other.

The tire thing is for real. As are brakes and ridiculously wide mudflaps.

Generally, my order for Dolly selection is:

1) series (weighting etc)
2) tires
3) brakes
4) chain clasps
5) fifth wheel manufacturer
6) hubs (greased, inflators?)

What else do you look for?
I personally like these kind cuz they light and easy to work with. Too bad we dont use em anymore at my outfit

C1440202-3ACD-47EF-9BCB-4216046D3F36.md.jpeg

There were 3 old red national dollies from what I was told. I don't use them either unless there is no other option.

Old national dollies
1. Are not counter balanced well.
2. Are notorious for stabbing rear pups.
3. The fifth wheel release fails alot, and have had to hold the release out while someone else pulled forward. "Very safe"

Why should someone be forced to use a unsafe dolly when that driver has gone home for the day?
Hold release out with a vice grip