SAIA | Dont argue with the load stealing punks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I undersand the whole respect thing. I've been here over 15 years, started when we actaully helped one another on the yard hooking pups at night, not trying to run over one another. Actaully started in the city, went throught the whole shuttle driver thing, have run meet and turns, worked the dock, office, yard, and am on a turn now, so I have done a little of it all.
I've also met my load leaving out at the guardshack, still do. I've had it reassigned at a meet point and at a dark terminal. Never gave the driver enough credit for being able to steal it though, sure wouldn't give him the credibility to cost me my job.
I'm to the point now that if I am on the yard and near you, I still help you hook, prolly won't ever change that. If I see someone having a problem on the yard, I'll help then too. If your whining at the round table, I'll pass you by, if you involve me, I'll prolly embarrass you. Pretty much try to stay out of the break rooms though altogether, been told I don't play well with others, well, except for some of the other 'old timers' that have been there a long time.
As far as the race card goes in getting trucks, really? Trucks are assigned to runs. The guy who assigns them doesn't know who's getting what run, doesn't care. I've never really seen the race card played, but I'm not saying it hasn't been, just not around me. I have seen drivers from different regions get away with more then others though. the Carolina boys seem to get by with wrecking trucks more then the ATL boys, but that's prolly a perception thing too. I just try to keep a low profile through all of it.

a few years ago when 4 of us left out at the same time, we would all help each other hook. probably would have been quicker if everyone did their own thing, but it's just nice to help someone out and to be helped. i don't kill myself to help someone with their dolly, but if they are backing to it with their lead nearby, i go over and slap it on for them. i just try to pay it forward, because you never know when i might need help as well. common courtesy seems to be a lost art....that's bad for me to say that b/c i've only been driving for 6.5 years.