Central Transport | DOT INQUIRY

this guy was sending drivers from san antonio texas to houston texas to dallas texas then back to san antonio texas in the same day can you belive that :shift:

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=79044.msg820127#msg820127 date=1270692885]
this guy was sending drivers from san antonio texas to houston texas to dallas texas then back to san antonio texas in the same day can you belive that :shift:
[/quote]
Doesn't surprise me. We have some of the same going on, here and there. Seen all sorts of dirty deals, guys hours erased so they can keep running,etc. Just had my truck inspected, but mechanic ignored bad tires! This company has decided to go to the dark side, I fear...

on the chris side they talk about safety then you have someone like adam running his kansas motor freight guys 750 to 1000 miles a night makes you think :popcorn:

the thing that you guys have to remember is that your livelyhood is a risk. If you are caught overhours,ie the 750 mile runs etc, YOU ARE THE ONE TO LOSE YOUR LICENSE AND pay a big fine. Getting the DOT to come into a company is hard. Good luck, if it happens call them on it and if they force you then call the dot and have them put you out of service at the end of your legal time. It is funny, this would not be a problem if you were Union, but heavens forbid that. They take too much money, but you run legal and you have some recourse.

I might get trick into doing a 700 mile run the first time, that will be the company's fault. The second time that is the drivers fault, due to greed and ignorance. No one has ever put a gun to my head and made me run illegal. Where is the Vice President at? We need some one to run Vitran Express in the right direction.

[quote author=simple723 link=topic=79044.msg830983#msg830983 date=1274224744]
Where is the Vice President at? We need some one to run Vitran Express in the right direction.
[/quote]

Is there a Vice President? If so where is she/he located?

the problem is chris truck line has no hiring standards they do have convicted felons working there a driver based in tulsa ok who runs to dallas is a convicted felon when a company hires these types of people the standards are lowered that is why the pay is so low adam in witicha hires these types of people and they are willing to run illegal because no one else will hire them

Where do you get your info from? The DOT inquiry pends from last year. The entire company was put on probation due to accidents and shut downs. That was a nation wide deal. As far as Adam and the two drivers in question. The triangle is a legal run (DAL<HOU<SNA<DAL) is a very tight run 710 miles. What you are refering to is when the drivers dispatch sends him back to HOU in the comments section it will say make it as far as you can or run till you are out of hours. Are you just jealous of the extra board or something? He has to put those in there that way the terminal dosen't hold the driver for no reason and the driver can leave and then continue driving after a 10 hour break. Just because the 2 drivers in question aren't driving legally or cheating because they think that they are going to get some kind of extra credit or a silver star next to their name on a disatch is another story. Even I have had a 1100 mile dispatch, wow I went from WIC to DEN to WIC, I shut down when I got tired at a hotel. I think your worried about nothing, like normal. Second. It is true that we have no hiring standards, we hire under qualified drivers. First unless a driver came from another LTL company it is most likely that they have no doublesor triples expeirence, wow they have to learn somewhere. I came in with no doubles time and I have been here for 5 years, no accidents. Do you remember trying to get a start in the LTL industry its tuff. No hire cuz no over the road,no hire cuz no local, no hire cuz no doubles. So you had to go to some crap hole company then move somewhere better. well guess what we are the crap hole. If you have it so bad quit. OK so we have alot of convicts working for us. time served dept paid. Does it make them less of a person? Not really. I would rather have them working than me paying for their free ride on welfare. Why do you stay? Why if you have it SOOOO bad?

[quote author=otrpetercar777 link=topic=79044.msg832551#msg832551 date=1274716204]
OK so we have alot of convicts working for us. time served dept paid. Does it make them less of a person?
[/quote] you get convicted of a felony you LOSE alot of your rights you can not even vote

[quote author=otrpetercar777 link=topic=79044.msg832551#msg832551 date=1274716204]
The triangle is a legal run (DAL<HOU<SNA<DAL) is a very tight run 710 miles.
[/quote] speed limit in texas is 65mph tractors only do 62mph no way do you have enough hours to do that run

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=79044.msg831614#msg831614 date=1274414079]
the problem is chris truck line has no hiring standards they do have convicted felons working there a driver based in tulsa ok who runs to dallas is a convicted felon when a company hires these types of people the standards are lowered that is why the pay is so low adam in witicha hires these types of people and they are willing to run illegal because no one else will hire them
[/quote]

It's close minded people like you that really a big cup of shut the hell up. Just because someone has a felony doesn't disqualify them as a good driver. It also doesn't make them any less of a person than you. It does mean that they were caught and convicted of something that many of us have probably done and didn't get caught doing it.

Unless you know the persons history, back off and be grateful your company is open minded enough to keep you on.

That being said, Adam has always run people hard. He only runs them as hard as they will go. I never will understand how they get away paying one guy one wage and another guy another wage for doing the same job. It's up to the drivers to change that. Left to management, it'll never change. They have no incentive to change it.

I have no idea. It wouldn't bother me if they did. I'm not saying pick them up at the prison gates and put them in a truck, but if they've proved through time and work history that they have mended their way, give them a job.

Even if they've paid their debt? My buddy's kid robbed a bank 10 years ago as a kid. He spent 6 years in jail and has turned his life around. I wouldn't mind working with him. He's a harder worker than some of the guys I work with now.