ODFL | driver behavior

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
I just witnessed a team out in las at the motel that had there room so full of liquor and beer it was a shame they whernt on 34 just waiting on freight they where complaining that they had just been called out I don't know what term they where out of or what truck they where in but the las dispatcher said he smelled beer on them when they hooked and said it was no of his business I guess the point to this rant is come on guys lits act professional I don't want a boosed up od driver on the road with my family and I'm sure no one else does ethier

Personally, I think the dispatcher reacted completely the wrong way to that situation! They should have at least been held and even breathalized before they were allowed to do anything.
If either one of those knobs were to be involved in an accident related to that it could have very wide reaching implications for our company.
To me, if you witness things of this nature, you have a responsibility as well. Silence could lead to something very bad.

i just seen the team again leaving Rto unfortunately the safety guy is not here but I now know there truck number and what terminal there out of and plan on reporting them to safety ASAP

i just seen the team again leaving Rto unfortunately the safety guy is not here but I now know there truck number and what terminal there out of and plan on reporting them to safety ASAP

You'll be doing everybody a favor.No telling whose or how many lives you may save by doing it.OD doesn't need that kind.

The dispatcher,if he smelled something,should have parked both of them.

Update the Rto safety man came in before I left I gave him the info he said he would look into it that team was still on the yard in the shop and the safety guy got on the phone when I left his office so hopefully this gets resolved

I hate seeing a man lose his job but in this deal they fired themselves.......all 3 of them.

My kids see our trucks on the road and tell me all about it everytime they see one of us, thats not the impression i want them getting. And yes jim bob your exactly correct all 3 should be canned! Im sure they can be replaced easily god knows there are plenty of responsible individuals looking for work.

I just witnessed a team out in las at the motel that had there room so full of liquor and beer it was a shame they whernt on 34 just waiting on freight they where complaining that they had just been called out I don't know what term they where out of or what truck they where in but the las dispatcher said he smelled beer on them when they hooked and said it was no of his business I guess the point to this rant is come on guys lits act professional I don't want a boosed up od driver on the road with my family and I'm sure no one else does ethier

Can you say "punctuation"...

Can you say "********?" Lighten up, this isn't English AP.

your right,this shuer as hell aint no english class!!!!!!
this is a place where someone can relax and kill some time
i cant stand english majors on here.....
if you cant stand the typing on here,go to one of those librial overeducated well spelldt sites!!!!!!!!!!!1111

your right,this shuer as hell aint no english class!!!!!!
this is a place where someone can relax and kill some time
i cant stand english majors on here.....
if you cant stand the typing on here,go to one of those librial overeducated well spelldt sites!!!!!!!!!!!1111

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: You know some peoplle arntt happy unless they complaining, dur dur dur

ok wit da spellin test anybody hear anything all three should of benn canned none of my bussiness bullsh** he should have never let them leave

I don't know if the dispatcher should be fired,but the man needs to spend some time at a OD re-education camp!!I can't think of anything thats more his business than the fitness of the people he sends out to the highway.As for the team they should have been tested,even if they'd passed they would be put on notice that that kind of behavior comes with real consequences.

I don't know if the dispatcher should be fired,but the man needs to spend some time at a OD re-education camp!!I can't think of anything thats more his business than the fitness of the people he sends out to the highway.As for the team they should have been tested,even if they'd passed they would be put on notice that that kind of behavior comes with real consequences.

Would BOTH of them have to blow zero to leave in the truck ?

If they got in an accident and someone was killed then the dispatchers butt would be on the line also, so he shouldn't be off the hook just because. As for the test there jim bob i would think they would both have to blow zero. Seems these guys can't be trusted as is. Just my opinion

Would BOTH of them have to blow zero to leave in the truck ?

If I remember correctly from the Utah DOT CDL manual, .04 is the legal limit, anything above that is a DUI, but if you blow anything above .00 they have to put you out of service for 24 hours, then retest again...going by that logic OD would at minimum put them out of service for 24 hours, but knowing OD they would let them go with anything above .00. Can't say as I blame them, I would do the same. OD wants the safest drivers on the road and they have a good reputation to uphold.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the numbers there.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the numbers there.

Sounds rite, it is usually half of the usuall legal limit. which all states is .08 now rite? or at least ohio is.

Its anything above .01 they put you out of service for 24 hours. .01 is nothing though. Did you ever consider saying something directly to the drivers?

Understand this as far as the reading you blow goes.In N.C. if you're involved in an accident and blow anything over zero the LEO can take you for blood and urine.If you blow a .03 at the accident,then go to the hospital for more,they allow for the time from the accident to the LAST test ...then they guess-timate what was in you at the time of the accident,the figure will be higher.This will stand up in court unless you have a clean record,very good lawyer,and pay for your own expert to combat the state's expert.Your expert runs around $1500 which is about a third of what you've already paid your lawyer.A fella blew .03 at the accident where he killed 2 people,he was retested at a hospital 2 hours later.....they figured he was over .08 when it happen.He got 33 years.We all have choices to make,drinking anything and driving is a bad one...........what you blow at the scene is not used in the case of an accident or death,that test just tells the LEO which way to go with his investigation.