ODFL | driver behavior

We're posting legal standards for DUI/impairment that law enforcement uses,I believe the company can impose even stricter limits on it's employees if it so desires.Personally,the Air Force standard of eight hours from"bottle to throttle"seemed to make a lot of sense.

Most places will fire you even at .01. If I'm going to have a beer I let at least 12 hours lapse. They say 1 drink per hour so theoretically you could still be drunk after 8 hours if you got very hammered. I saw a guy in Utah get popped for dwi/dui in a truck. I bet he was up late and was still smelling like alcohol 8-10 hours later when they got him. The cops at St George said they nail them all the time coming out of Vegas.

**** you hillbilly,you have know idea what conditions those drivers where in you assumed maybe they just woke up and aside from a hang over where just fine .Its obvious you run out of mrt ,this will come back to bite you in the ***.

believe it or not its 4 hours. You can easily be over .04 though if you even drank a six pack.
You're absolutley correct truckinusa,4 hours is pretty scandalous as safety goes,with all of the changes in DUI laws the last few years that we would have the same "bottle to throttle"standard dating from the middle of the last century is outragous

OD's standard for intoxication is pretty low(when they test).An PD driver was let go about a month ago.I was told he blew an .03 on the breathilyzer(the fired driver said this,not violating any confidences)No one acted suprised when this happened,all the P/D guys said they smelled alcohol on the guy before,when I asked the guys who told me this why they didn't say anything all I got was shrugged shoulders,You gotta wonder if the guys that tell you things like this are BS'n,don't care,or just don't want to get involved.

I think a lot of people are afraid of hurting a friends feelings...I like to look at it like I might be saving a friends life. There really is no excuse for not telling if you think someone is unsafe in the drivers seat.

I think a lot of people are afraid of hurting a friends feelings...I like to look at it like I might be saving a friends life. There really is no excuse for not telling if you think someone is unsafe in the drivers seat.
Whatever happend to calling in sick when you overindulged,When I dispatched I never got too upset when a driver called in sick even when I could hear the jukebox,clinking of glasses,& general bar sounds.beat the hell out of sending him home(different time,different company)as long as it did'nt become a habit,In my (much)younger days I'd show up to work after partying with 3or4 hours of sleep but I always had sense enough to shower,change clothes & brush my teeth.Its like these guys want to be fired.Gee I hate amateurs!!!:biglaugh:

Here's my point. I would have told them ,to call off for 8 hrs and get sobbered up ,then get on the road ,I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN THEIR FIRING >my way everyone is safe and not lobless, ET HILLBILLY needed his browny points,As he was a saffty man amn got busted back to the road without his senority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the way he drinks also

Here's my point. I would have told them ,to call off for 8 hrs and get sobbered up ,then get on the road ,I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN THEIR FIRING >my way everyone is safe and not lobless, ET HILLBILLY needed his browny points,As he was a saffty man amn got busted back to the road without his senority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the way he drinks also
You've got me confused with someone else I never was a safety man and also I don't drink

O.D. has zero tolerance on drinking or been drinking or hung over.I'm sure "everyone would be safe and not jobless " THIS time but what if no one was around to remind these "grown men" the next time.Driving is a job for responsible people 24/7.....Anybody disagree with me let me hear it.

1st Post just for that? WoW.

Hillbilly, you were a safety man?? :TR10driving03:

Most places will fire you even at .01. If I'm going to have a beer I let at least 12 hours lapse. They say 1 drink per hour so theoretically you could still be drunk after 8 hours if you got very hammered. I saw a guy in Utah get popped for dwi/dui in a truck. I bet he was up late and was still smelling like alcohol 8-10 hours later when they got him. The cops at St George said they nail them all the time coming out of Vegas.

I'm not a expert, but I have been told that if you have 2 beers that it takes 8 hrs to get below .04 and that the drop off rate after 8hrs is significant. My point is that by what I have been advised (as a drinker) you are taking a big risk just to have a couple of drinks in the evening after work, muchless to get hammered and report for duty 8 to 10 hrs later..

Anyone who thinks you are safe to have say 4 or 5 beers in the evening and report for duty in 8 to 10 hrs later could very well be putting there jobs at risk, especially if ya'll have a 00.00 policy... My Advice..Check into it and know the facts, before you assume your okay to report just because you feel fine.... 004 is so far below the feeling of being hung over that it would make your head spin.

Find it hard to believe o.d. would "bust" a safety guy back to the road, more like the unemployment line.

our term saftey guy main job was doing the driving schools he was put back to the road when they stoped the driving schools until they started them back up again