ABF | Driver-facing Cameras

Don’t blame “all the posters”...I am the Cult Leader and Head Conspiracy Monger......no one else but me.....

I didn’t realize My Opinions were Conspiracies....I didn’t realize I was in need of a Life Preserver....being “overboard” and all....

The only “point” Mr. Bubba Gump had.......was one requiring him to wear a ....tall hat......
He doesn’t like Unions, the idea of Unions,...Union members,.....and probably not those sections of the Constitution that keep Big Business from lobbying Congress to make Union membership illegal....

It’s one thing to have a difference of opinion......he would heap scorn and vituperation......if you didn’t agree with his statements....
He tried to shout down opposition with taunts and insults......not facts.....

You don’t have to drop “hints”.......I’ll own any of My Opinions,....and stand by them......

I truly do think that Big Business has lobbied hard to eliminate Collective Bargaining Rights and Defined-Benefit pensions......

If that’s not a......”conspiracy”.......I don’t know what is......

Let’s have a show of hands with my Cult Members to see who is brainwashed enough to agree with me.....

Mmh-hmm....uhh-huh....I Win!

Guess I'd be guilty of being one of your disciples, you forgot to mention "Gooberlip' was a notorious liar.

Don’t blame “all the posters”...I am the Cult Leader and Head Conspiracy Monger......no one else but me.....

I didn’t realize My Opinions were Conspiracies....I didn’t realize I was in need of a Life Preserver....being “overboard” and all....

The only “point” Mr. Bubba Gump had.......was one requiring him to wear a ....tall hat......
He doesn’t like Unions, the idea of Unions,...Union members,.....and probably not those sections of the Constitution that keep Big Business from lobbying Congress to make Union membership illegal....

It’s one thing to have a difference of opinion......he would heap scorn and vituperation......if you didn’t agree with his statements....
He tried to shout down opposition with taunts and insults......not facts.....

You don’t have to drop “hints”.......I’ll own any of My Opinions,....and stand by them......

I truly do think that Big Business has lobbied hard to eliminate Collective Bargaining Rights and Defined-Benefit pensions......

If that’s not a......”conspiracy”.......I don’t know what is......

Let’s have a show of hands with my Cult Members to see who is brainwashed enough to agree with me.....

Mmh-hmm....uhh-huh....I Win!
Don't take all the credit; 6pak believes on(in) ABF plans for future Labor Days too.

Don't take all the credit; 6pak believes on(in) ABF plans for future Labor Days too.
yep..I do believe that once ole ArcBest builds up more non-U assets, the truck line will be given an ultimatum as to how to give enough concessions (Teamsters weakened more)...that is my opinion based on (not just CF), but HISTORY of labor unions in the USA. Thank you..when Bubba and Judy read this,it might give them some ideas, so I'd better be quite about my "real Conspiracies"...heck, who knows--are the Russians involved in this? (Hint: one conspiracy_) Bernie Sanders? (another one). Bill and Hillary? (yet another)
MAGA and MTGA (make Teamsters Great Again)
and one more point, Homesick--I do enjoy reading your opinions/conspiracies..

Last edited:
yep..I do believe that once ole ArcBest builds up more non-U assets, the truck line will be given an ultimatum as to how to give enough concessions (Teamsters weakened more)...that is my opinion based on (not just CF), but HISTORY of labor unions in the USA. Thank you..when Bubba and Judy read this,it might give them some ideas, so I'd better be quite about my "real Conspiracies"...heck, who knows--are the Russians involved in this? (Hint: one conspiracy_) Bernie Sanders? (another one). Bill and Hillary? (yet another)
MAGA and MTGA (make Teamsters Great Again)
and one more point, Homesick--I do enjoy reading your opinions/conspiracies..
Thanks 6pak, just trying to keep the train close to the rails. On the rails is impossible and a lot less interesting :)

About 3 days ago,...Hong Kong based Cathay Airlines revealed that they were using cameras to individually....record....passengers on it's flights...

Interesting article about privacy and surveillance,...Type in "Cathay Airlines cameras"...and check out the furor created about...privacy in a Communist-held territory.....

Especially the part about where..."US Senators Demand Answers about Airline Seat Cameras".....
...and the part where "British Airways was fined 230 million dollars in data breach of passenger cameras, in violation of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation rules".....

Apparently the European Union has ...Rules to protect private data gathering and storage.....All we got here in the U.S.A. is that flimsy ol' Fourth Amendment......

Can we draw a...parallel with involuntary customer surveillance,...and involuntary employee surveillance?......AND the safety of the Data stored?

Yeah,...I know....There are guys lined up right now to tell me their Employer and his Property...."Trumps" individual Right to Privacy.....

I'm not sure....Big Business...supersedes the Constitution....

At my son's job,...the company announced they were going to turn on the installed cameras,...on an undetermined date. Several other terminals in the same company already have the cameras on,.....and those stewards have contacted my son,...who is the steward,.....how he was able to keep the cameras off for so long?

The Local has sent the company a "cease and desist" letter,.......and the lawyers on retainer are....concerned about the individual letters denying the company permission to..."view, use, or sell" any individual video produced by company equipment,...singling out specific drivers....

The ....'trick"...is not to be lulled into a sense of complacency,....where the company ,..suddenly and unannounced,...just turns on the camera...
....in the hopes that guys will just throw their hands in the air and say: "Oh, well...."

Denying any company permission to....view an individual video,.....is becoming very topical,.....with Facebook paying fines for selling private facial recognition information,.....and Chinese airlines being forced to remove seatback cameras that filmed individual passengers........

People are outraged when private companies film their personal image,.....yet everyone yawns when we tell them trucking companies have been doing it for the last few years......

Those companies that have collective bargaining rights, have to fight this....
Those companies under Employment-at-Will,.........Sorry,...your face is now a "sellable commodity",.......owned by your employer....

Gosh darn, I work at an 'at will employer', if my face is a 'sellable commody', my doorbell should be ringing any moment with all sorts of horny women!!!

IsPAojI.jpg

Just an Update,.....Since the Tape has been on the cameras for a couple of months now........

Anyone hear anything?........Or has ABF realized maybe they should fire a few lawyers in the Legal Department?

I have an Idea........Ms. McReynolds,...Why don't you announce that,.....ABF will no longer entertain the idea of Driver-facing cameras,....but will use Street-facing cameras exclusively....

After all,.....ABF has operated successfully since,...the 1930's,.....without personal driver surveillance,......
Why not fire a few lawyers,...who invented all this crap,.....save some money,....and make a Public-Relations move that will get the applause of the Union,...the Employees,....and possibly a rush of new applicants from non-Union companies who are sick of intrusive management filming their every move..(...Yeah,...I know they SAY theyre NOT doing it...)....

I know this will horrify your Legal Department,....But....to be Honest,...all THEY do is take money from ArcBest,......and the Employees actually PRODUCE money.....

Why don't you get on the side of the guys who Make Money for the company,.......For a Change?

(....Maybe you could use those cameras in the Legal Department,.....Check on those "billable hours"....you're getting charged for...).....

Just an Update,.....Since the Tape has been on the cameras for a couple of months now........

Anyone hear anything?........Or has ABF realized maybe they should fire a few lawyers in the Legal Department?

I have an Idea........Ms. McReynolds,...Why don't you announce that,.....ABF will no longer entertain the idea of Driver-facing cameras,....but will use Street-facing cameras exclusively....

After all,.....ABF has operated successfully since,...the 1930's,.....without personal driver surveillance,......
Why not fire a few lawyers,...who invented all this crap,.....save some money,....and make a Public-Relations move that will get the applause of the Union,...the Employees,....and possibly a rush of new applicants from non-Union companies who are sick of intrusive management filming their every move..(...Yeah,...I know they SAY theyre NOT doing it...)....

I know this will horrify your Legal Department,....But....to be Honest,...all THEY do is take money from ArcBest,......and the Employees actually PRODUCE money.....

Why don't you get on the side of the guys who Make Money for the company,.......For a Change?

(....Maybe you could use those cameras in the Legal Department,.....Check on those "billable hours"....you're getting charged for...).....
Have not heard a thing, tape is still on. Probably waiting until next contract to use it as a bargaining issue....

Wish I could double like this.

just and update these are used also in conjunction with the samsara units. It is the antenna for the samsara handheld units.