ABF | Driver-facing Cameras

I hear those ole cameras even record stop signs!
No California stops allowed in Texas. That’s a write up. They were pretty lenient about it and the last thing they wanted to do is fire you. But nevertheless I didn’t like the cameras and was happy when I retired. At SAIA it was about safety and it was also a way to weed out the **** offs. Not saying it’s right but it is the truth. If you were a productive driver they would look the other way most the time and just slap you on the wrist every now and then to keep you honest and safe.

No California stops allowed in Texas. That’s a write up. They were pretty lenient about it and the last thing they wanted to do is fire me. But nevertheless I didn’t like the cameras and was happy when I got fired. At SAIA it was about safety and it was also a way to weed out the :censored: offs. Not saying it’s right but it is the truth. If you were a productive driver they would look the other way most the time and just slap you on the wrist every now and then to keep you honest and safe.
fixed it

And ultimately neither do you. The Teamsters won’t back the workers on the camera issue. They have a track record too! Take those rose colored glasses off. I’ve read the letter. The writing is on the wall.
Wrong. We DO have a say in the matter because it’s a change of conditions in the workplace. Maybe you should put ON those rose-colored glasses to assist you in reading the contract. Any and ALL changes are to be negotiated.

Wrong. We DO have a say in the matter because it’s a change of conditions in the workplace. Maybe you should put ON those rose-colored glasses to assist you in reading the contract. Any and ALL changes are to be negotiated.
I won’t banter back and forth with you guys and rock your boat so I will move on. But before I leave and let that door knob hit me in the ass on the way out just remember you’re only as strong as your weakest link. Your weakest links are your Teamster leaders. They kiss ABF’s ass and for the most part do what they tell them and they in return tell you how the cow ate the cabbage. Just look at all the concessions that have been shoved down your throats. Yeah, you voted on it alright but it’s not like you had any choice. ABF knew the Teamsters wouldn’t call their bluff. And now all that money ABF has saved has been used to buy cameras and pad the CEO and her cronies pockets. You’ve been played by your own leaders. What a fitting end to a well laid plan. I know that’s gotta sting a bit men. Good day!

Last edited:
I won’t banter back and forth with you guys and rock your boat so I will move on. But before I leave and let that door knob hit me in the ass on the way out just remember you’re only as strong as your weakest link. Your weakest links are your Teamster leaders. They kiss ABF’s ass and for the most part do what they tell them and they in return tell you how the cow ate the cabbage. Just look at all the concessions that have been shoved down your throats. Yeah, you voted on it alright but it’s not like you had any choice. ABF knew the Teamsters wouldn’t call their bluff. And now all that money ABF has saved has been used to buy cameras and pad the CEO’s pocket. You’ve been played by your own leaders. What a fitting end to a well laid plan.
Tell us some more sob stories scab! You won’t be missed. I feel sorry for anyone who knows you. They had to be happy to see you fired at all the places you worked! You’re an anti union scum of the earth!

Last edited:
Go :censored: yourself!

Gentlemen......(ahem..)......
Let's keep it at an.....adult level.

There is a difference between the Idea and Philosophy of a Union,.........and what our ..temporary...leaders do and say.
I firmly believe in Unions,......giving working people the right to speak up......AFTER punching the time clock.

Having a Collective Bargaining agreement,...gives you certain legal rights to stand on......Yes,...I know some partisans in Government are trying to.....kneecap...those rights.....
But they're there for now.......

Unlike the segment of the workforce that falls under Employment-at-Will......You have No Rights....Ask a Labor Lawyer. I have.....
"Employment-at-Will" requires the....employee's...umm...."cooperation". But,...once that is "given"....then you have no Rights,...only privileges your employer may...temporarily grant.....
....like "seniority"......if it's convenient......

As far as "conspiracy" goes,.........I'm sure you watch TV......There's a big push for cities to eliminate random camera use......And ...Do companies sell your personal information? You Betcha!
Just because you perceive there isn't an....immediate...market for truck driver's personal images,...doesn't mean there won't be one....next week..(..when they find a way to make money off those images...)....

Wouldn't it be...proactive....to protect the ownership of your personal image?....Kind of like authors protecting their intellectual property by...copyright?

Without pointing fingers,......it seems that certain guys are chewing on....sour grapes.
I guess it's ...their choice. But,...I have sons in this industry...Teamsters,.....so I still have a "dog or two " in this fight.....

So I'm going to do everything I can to provide active non-retired Teamsters as much "ammunition" I can think of......to fight this insulting and anti-Constitutional intrusion of Privacy......

They own the Truck........They DON'T own You.......

Go pound sand you anti union piece of crap! The union will stand by the worker if the worker stands with
Gentlemen......(ahem..)......
Let's keep it at an.....adult level.

There is a difference between the Idea and Philosophy of a Union,.........and what our ..temporary...leaders do and say.
I firmly believe in Unions,......giving working people the right to speak up......AFTER punching the time clock.

Having a Collective Bargaining agreement,...gives you certain legal rights to stand on......Yes,...I know some partisans in Government are trying to.....kneecap...those rights.....
But they're there for now.......

Unlike the segment of the workforce that falls under Employment-at-Will......You have No Rights....Ask a Labor Lawyer. I have.....
"Employment-at-Will" requires the....employee's...umm...."cooperation". But,...once that is "given"....then you have no Rights,...only privileges your employer may...temporarily grant.....
....like "seniority"......if it's convenient......

As far as "conspiracy" goes,.........I'm sure you watch TV......There's a big push for cities to eliminate random camera use......And ...Do companies sell your personal information? You Betcha!
Just because you perceive there isn't an....immediate...market for truck driver's personal images,...doesn't mean there won't be one....next week..(..when they find a way to make money off those images...)....

Wouldn't it be...proactive....to protect the ownership of your personal image?....Kind of like authors protecting their intellectual property by...copyright?

Without pointing fingers,......it seems that certain guys are chewing on....sour grapes.
I guess it's ...their choice. But,...I have sons in this industry...Teamsters,.....so I still have a "dog or two " in this fight.....

So I'm going to do everything I can to provide active non-retired Teamsters as much "ammunition" I can think of......to fight this insulting and anti-Constitutional intrusion of Privacy......

They own the Truck........They DON'T own You.......
Brother, your worshipers seem to be jumping off/over the edge of sanity and into......... well their normal state of mentality. Would please speak with them about controlling themselves in public?

Brother, your worshipers seem to be jumping off/over the edge of sanity and into......... well their normal state of mentality. Would please speak with them about controlling themselves in public?

I am not the Chairman of this Cult.........

And,....we aren't in "public"......We are all hiding behind screen names.....

For all you know, I weigh 98 lbs...am covered with hair like a werewolf,...warts,...goiters,.....and have an expression on my face that would startle a Sloth.......
......instead of the hale and hearty, incredibly handsome and personable person,...you all take me to be......

For all you know, I weigh 98 lbs...am covered with hair like a werewolf,...warts,...goiters,.....and have an expression on my face that would startle a Sloth.......
......instead of the hale and hearty, incredibly handsome and personable person,...you all take me to be......
You devil you.
:17142:

Sorry brother but you may not consider yourself the cult leader but the cult members consider you their leader. Have you not noticed how they protect you and attack anyone who even questions you or your statements? Read their posts; these worshippers of yours consider you the reincarnation of Jimmy Hoffa sr and if only the Teamsters would follow you, then they (Teamsters) could return to the glory days of being the 'highest paid blue collar workers' (your words) in America.........

And you say you are not in public because we cannot see you but being seen is not a requirement for being public. Your words are on public display the same as a newspaper columnist or a book writer.

Sorry brother but you may not consider yourself the cult leader but the cult members consider you their leader. Have you not noticed how they protect you and attack anyone who even questions you or your statements? Read their posts; these worshippers of yours consider you the reincarnation of Jimmy Hoffa sr and if only the Teamsters would follow you, then they (Teamsters) could return to the glory days of being the 'highest paid blue collar workers' (your words) in America.........

And you say you are not in public because we cannot see you but being seen is not a requirement for being public. Your words are on public display the same as a newspaper columnist or a book writer.
You’re just jealous!