FedEx Freight | Driver Facing Cameras

LTL PRO

TB Lurker
Credits
We’ve been hearing in the southeast that the system has been seeing driver facing cameras or that they are being tested . Has anyone seen these yet ?
I thought they said we were not going with driver cams !

I mean seriously? regardless if the rumor is true or not, would u seriously be shocked if FedEx equips their units with driver facing cameras???

I told you guys, they’re already in the trucks. The drivers just have to pull the Just One More stickers off the ELDs and pull the pro stickers off the back of the forward facing cameras. Put this on too:
tin-baseball.jpg

Remember a couple months ago when I brought this up? Y’all thought I was crazy or it wouldn’t happen. Actually, I received a lot of flack from most of you. Your opinions are changing.

It’s coming. Better start changing those driving behaviors.

This goes back to the raise and the clowns saying it was ok that we got screwed this year on raise and insurance, but some how in the middle of our so called struggles we have millions to spend on driver facing cameras. What a joke.

And the Union would do what to change this? Oh, they'd take money out of our wallets and capitulate like they do on everything. They'd sit under Fred's desk. Right alongside you.

I never mentioned the union clown. You and your clown buddies are the desk dwellers, unlike you I don't buy all the crap the company feeds us.

His entire life revolves around this job. He lives in a fragile bubble that rejects anything that threatens it. He's the guy who dies of heartbreak when he's finally forced to retire.

We were told no driver facing cameras by upper management. Whether or not they test/implement something like this remains to be seen. I certainly hope it does NOT.

We were told no driver facing cameras by upper management. Whether or not they test/implement something like this remains to be seen. I certainly hope it does NOT.

The sad part of this whole story is that management is using this technology to drive (bad pun) drivers out of the industry decades ahead of their ability to replace them with autonomous trucks. Many current drivers are afraid of being replaced by autonomous trucks that are in fact 30-40 years out.

Management is so focused on cutting wages and benefits, that they don't get how much they will drive up both by driving up wages to replace drivers who leave out of fear of technology, especially autonomously driven trucks, that are years away!

And of course, losers that are pro union will create fear and anxiety as a means of selling their services (unionization that is worthless) as a panacea.

Time to retire.

ST