FedEx Freight | Driver Facing Cameras

You're afraid I'll transfer to you're barn and call you out on your latent homosexuality. We all get it. You're a closeted Gay guy. Just come out of the closet already!

George Knighton says it's a liberating exerperience! Go for it!

You have been looking to transfer some where like Winchester, but you don't even know what state it's in. Lmao you can transfer to my center any time, you will be sitting home with the other extra board drivers.

Is this a rumor started by the passenger hood mirror having a camera on it. It does have recording capabilities but its facing more at the curb and side of the truck but is facing toward the rear . Some will think its facing the driver

Is this a rumor started by the passenger hood mirror having a camera on it. It does have recording capabilities but its facing more at the curb and side of the truck but is facing toward the rear . Some will think its facing the driver

Yep we just got a new L unit with that camera on it. Shows you your blind spot when you turn the blinker on.

My tractor has that camera, it’s not a big deal. Actually, it’s kind of annoying to me...I’m used to looking at the mirror and then the screen catches your eye and distracts you from your original intent.
I’m ok with it recording during a “trigger event” but the screen should be optional IMHO.

My tractor has that camera, it’s not a big deal. Actually, it’s kind of annoying to me...I’m used to looking at the mirror and then the screen catches your eye and distracts you from your original intent.
I’m ok with it recording during a “trigger event” but the screen should be optional IMHO.

It shouldn’t be wired into the flashers. Come on tech geniuses, if a truck is on the shoulder broke down - we need our 4 ways on. Why does the stupid camera take over the ELD screen? Same as on property. If you can’t figure out a way to only wire it to the right turn signal instead of the flashers, it shouldn’t be on there.

Get it right before shoving it down our throats.

I told you guys, they’re already in the trucks. The drivers just have to pull the Just One More stickers off the ELDs and pull the pro stickers off the back of the forward facing cameras. Put this on too:
tin-baseball.jpg

NkBBupK.jpg

It shouldn’t be wired into the flashers. Come on tech geniuses, if a truck is on the shoulder broke down - we need our 4 ways on. Why does the stupid camera take over the ELD screen? Same as on property. If you can’t figure out a way to only wire it to the right turn signal instead of the flashers, it shouldn’t be on there.

Get it right before shoving it down our throats.

When your flashers are on, flip the left turn signal on as well and it will cancel out the video. At least on the one in my yard it does...

When your flashers are on, flip the left turn signal on as well and it will cancel out the video. At least on the one in my yard it does...

Not on mine.

But John S, the ATA, Secretary Choa and Peoplenet applaud you efforts at fixing their ::shit::!

Wait, I think the left blinker just cancels the flashers on the Petes.

Removing it from the cradle works, but then it becomes a handheld device.

The sad part of this whole story is that management is using this technology to drive (bad pun) drivers out of the industry decades ahead of their ability to replace them with autonomous trucks. Many current drivers are afraid of being replaced by autonomous trucks that are in fact 30-40 years out.

Management is so focused on cutting wages and benefits, that they don't get how much they will drive up both by driving up wages to replace drivers who leave out of fear of technology, especially autonomously driven trucks, that are years away!

And of course, losers that are pro union will create fear and anxiety as a means of selling their services (unionization that is worthless) as a panacea.

Time to retire.

ST
Hey bud are the cameras even turned on at our Stockton terminal?????

Not on mine.

But John S, the ATA, Secretary Choa and Peoplenet applaud you efforts at fixing their :::shit:::!

Wait, I think the left blinker just cancels the flashers on the Petes.

Removing it from the cradle works, but then it becomes a handheld device.
You are correct sir. Turn signals cancel the four-ways.

Are these just installed on new trucks? I like to know as a city driver if I'll see this new technology 10 -15 years from now?