Estes | Driver recall

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
Got some talk around my barn about recalling some laid-off guys. Anybody else hearing this? I hope it's true. We are covered up in extra-freight right now.

Yes I heard it too last night. Jackson, MS is putting on a few runs as well as other terminals and a couple of other terminals are also calling back a few drivers. Great news! Also, the tonnage has really picked up these past few weeks at least in my run.

Got some talk around my barn about recalling some laid-off guys. Anybody else hearing this? I hope it's true. We are covered up in extra-freight right now.

yea, I think things will pick up fast with the new money being scattered around. I havent heard anything but common sense tells me they will be hiring. I dont know about the recall thing. They way I understand it. They can hand pick the laid-off folks in any order. Good employees are hard to find. I'm sure the good ones will get a phone call soon.

Yes I heard it too last night. Jackson, MS is putting on a few runs as well as other terminals and a couple of other terminals are also calling back a few drivers. Great news! Also, the tonnage has really picked up these past few weeks at least in my run.

Yup. 075 is putting on( 2 ) 1/2 way 041 and 1 more. Can't remember what the other one is.

Boy all this is great news guys!
Just got the word this morn. we are pulling one back (only lost 3) at first of month.
We have 6 E/B guys and 2 utilitys and they are getting run to death right now.

added two

127 brought 2 more new hires on last week. Believe both are utility drivers. Welcome aboard guys!

I imagine this is only the beginning. We are getting a lot of new teamster freight scattered around the system.

I imagine this is only the beginning. We are getting a lot of new teamster freight scattered around the system.

We are getting TRAILER LOADS of T freight. YRC's infighting and dicontent is spreading to the customer's dock, by the drivers themselves. Not the best strategy. I saw a really pissed off Yellow guy telling a customer the other day, "If management is gonna take ten percent of my pay, I'm gonna take ten percent of thier day, I'll wait"
Now, all an Estes sales guy had to do, is walk into that place with documentation that YRC lost 900 M last year, and he walks out with freight. No matter how unhappy I have been with Estes at any time, on any level, I have never bad mouthed the company to a customer.

Anymore talk around the barn this week about recalling any drivers back? Sitting/looking for now, drawing unemployment. Not much,but better then nothing.

I heard Estes is gone to buy U P S ( the brown trucks } by the end of 2009 with cash in the amount of $ 8,000,000,000.

Thanks, if you hear anymore. Keep posting. Maybe Estes will have a NASCAR next year too? With all that money.....

We are getting TRAILER LOADS of T freight. YRC's infighting and dicontent is spreading to the customer's dock, by the drivers themselves. Not the best strategy. I saw a really pissed off Yellow guy telling a customer the other day, "If management is gonna take ten percent of my pay, I'm gonna take ten percent of thier day, I'll wait"
Now, all an Estes sales guy had to do, is walk into that place with documentation that YRC lost 900 M last year, and he walks out with freight. No matter how unhappy I have been with Estes at any time, on any level, I have never bad mouthed the company to a customer.

My wife use's yrcw at her buisness from time to time. She came home one day last week and said, "it's no wonder why that company is having so much trouble". She said her shipment finally arrived. She said a man walked in her office and just staired at her. She asked, "do you need some help?" He said, "I think so." She said are you delivering something?" he said, "yea." She asked, "what do you have?" He said, "I'm not sure." She said, "is that the bills in your hand?" He said, "yea." She said, "is it my tables?" He said, "what does the bill say?" She said ok it looks like my tables. He just stood there. She asked," do you need some help unloading." He said, "what does the bill say?" She said can you move to the side of the building and she'll find some help. She came home and said, "man, that guy was programmed." She got another shipment a few days ago and they dropped their pup in the middle of the freshly painted parking lot and it's still there. She asked me, "why dont they come and get that trailer out of the middle of their lot" I said, "because they have more equipment than frieght!":popcorn:

This is why your forum will always remain a load of crap BB. You let managers come on here and pretend to be drivers. TE out....

Are you insinuating that i'm a manager???:biglaugh: You've been having a hard time understang post's lately. Your personality has been going from daylight to dark. Now your calling truckdriver's managers. Someone needs to check the label on that chicken feed your taking.

My wife use's yrcw at her buisness from time to time. She came home one day last week and said, "it's no wonder why that company is having so much trouble". She said her shipment finally arrived. She said a man walked in her office and just staired at her. She asked, "do you need some help?" He said, "I think so." She said are you delivering something?" he said, "yea." She asked, "what do you have?" He said, "I'm not sure." She said, "is that the bills in your hand?" He said, "yea." She said, "is it my tables?" He said, "what does the bill say?" She said ok it looks like my tables. He just stood there. She asked," do you need some help unloading." He said, "what does the bill say?" She said can you move to the side of the building and she'll find some help. She came home and said, "man, that guy was programmed." She got another shipment a few days ago and they dropped their pup in the middle of the freshly painted parking lot and it's still there. She asked me, "why dont they come and get that trailer out of the middle of their lot" I said, "because they have more equipment than frieght!":popcorn:

:duh: that's funny..:biglaugh: