Estes | Driver recall

ok guys if i go through and delete the bad posts, you all will have them deleted
if i give infractions we all would get them

if we don't calm down i will close these threads .we all have gotten a warning myself included

We are adding a Utility run, but still rough here on freight.
So what is a Utility run, sound like a drop in pay to me.

Utility drivers work whatever the terminal needs (at our barn they fill in for LH drivers who are off and work city as needed). I think they get paid a different rate based on what they're doing (dock, PD, etc). All of ours seem to always be working and happy.

We also have "utility drivers" at night and, as DemonDragon mentioned above, they fill in and do whatever is needed. They may cover a line haul run or a hub run and work the dock. Their mileage pay depends on whether they are a hub driver or a line haul driver at the time they are designated as a utility "driver". Also, as DD mentioned, they are happy as they are always working and doing whatever is needed of them as they are always needed.

We also have "utility drivers" at night and, as DemonDragon mentioned above, they fill in and do whatever is needed. They may cover a line haul run or a hub run and work the dock. Their mileage pay depends on whether they are a hub driver or a line haul driver at the time they are designated as a utility "driver". Also, as DD mentioned, they are happy as they are always working and doing whatever is needed of them as they are always needed.

Yep, my brother-in-law is utility driver here at my barn. You all are right about the pay. They get paid according to which job they are filling in for L/H, hub, P&D etc.

For the most part he likes it except sometimes he works days for a while and then has to shift over to nights all of a sudden for a couple nights and it messes up his sleep a little, but he's young , he can handle it.

I will say this though, he only has 4yrs. with the Co. but he stays real busy in that utility slot. He was extra hub before they changed it to "utility" and I'm not sure yet how those guys are gonna fall in when bidding on a run starts.

Yep, my brother-in-law is utility driver here at my barn. You all are right about the pay. They get paid according to which job they are filling in for L/H, hub, P&D etc.

For the most part he likes it except sometimes he works days for a while and then has to shift over to nights all of a sudden for a couple nights and it messes up his sleep a little, but he's young , he can handle it.

I will say this though, he only has 4yrs. with the Co. but he stays real busy in that utility slot. He was extra hub before they changed it to "utility" and I'm not sure yet how those guys are gonna fall in when bidding on a run starts.

Well I found out we have 4 different divisions,

City
Utility
Hub
Linehaul

So if you are in one of those you are stuck with what is.

Utility, Hub, and Linehaul should be by Seniority, cause I would love to get the hell off of EXTRA BOARD linehaul but would like to go back to it when a run opens.
But they just do things in stupid ways here at the Big E.

So this is the answer for getting rid of GREEN BOARD, something I loved doing.

So this is the answer for getting rid of GREEN BOARD, something I loved doing.

I was No. 1 E/B at my barn when they started the green board deal so I got the first green board job my barn had back then and I liked it real well too. I ran it about a year before I got a out/back schedule run. What I liked was when you went on break you knew no matter what you were going to the house.

I was No. 1 E/B at my barn when they started the green board deal so I got the first green board job my barn had back then and I liked it real well too. I ran it about a year before I got a out/back schedule run. What I liked was when you went on break you knew no matter what you were going to the house.

Ya it sure was nice, but I would stay out sometimes when they did'nt have freight. Which seems it has been that way for the last 2 years or so.
Miss going to my kids functions during the week when I was home.
Would take a Hub run, but don't want to be stuck there.
If I would have known the way they bid on runs and mixed it up so much I would probably not have stayed here.
But with bills and wife, kids, etc. kind of stuck for now.
Sounds like they will just add more Utility drivers if needed.

Ya it sure was nice, but I would stay out sometimes when they did'nt have freight. Which seems it has been that way for the last 2 years or so.
Miss going to my kids functions during the week when I was home.
Would take a Hub run, but don't want to be stuck there.
If I would have known the way they bid on runs and mixed it up so much I would probably not have stayed here.
But with bills and wife, kids, etc. kind of stuck for now.
Sounds like they will just add more Utility drivers if needed.

You would have had the chance to do that driver, if everyone would have voted 5 yrs. ago when it was up for a vote. I still don't beleive the final vote percentage. 63% NO---37% YES. Everyone would bid once a year,and it would bid company seniority not catagory seniority, But thats just my opinion. Talking about that, I heard the other day from a team driver that a meeting was held at his terminal and the teams were told that they would no longer have the ability to bid on ANY linehaul or hub runs. So they are stuck as teams until they quit or get fired. I really do feel for the teams.

You would have had the chance to do that driver, if everyone would have voted 5 yrs. ago when it was up for a vote. I still don't beleive the final vote percentage. 63% NO---37% YES. Everyone would bid once a year,and it would bid company seniority not catagory seniority, But thats just my opinion.:smilie_132:

I think it's just a matter of time before we will get to re-bid once a year or at least get to bump if a run gets cut. The guys out west are doing it now.

Got word last week we have moved into a new terminal right off the toll road around South Bend IN. terminal no. is 127 and they are hiring drivers.:1036316054:

You would have had the chance to do that driver, if everyone would have voted 5 yrs. ago when it was up for a vote. I still don't beleive the final vote percentage. 63% NO---37% YES. Everyone would bid once a year,and it would bid company seniority not catagory seniority, But thats just my opinion. Talking about that, I heard the other day from a team driver that a meeting was held at his terminal and the teams were told that they would no longer have the ability to bid on ANY linehaul or hub runs. So they are stuck as teams until they quit or get fired. I really do feel for the teams.

Gee when did we vote, I have been here for over 6 years now.
What I was saying earlier there are guys with less time with this company that are home every night and I could have bid on what they do and got it.
But I do not want to be stuck there forever.
I have opportunity to do HUB, or Utility, but would like Linehaul someday with a run.
But man I could be stuck on this Extra Board for a long time before that happens.
If Seniority mattered across the board between Hub, Linehaul, Utility it would make things alot better in a hurry for me.