XPO | driving in the 3rd lane

INewIt2

TB Lurker
Credits
Just want some opinions. What do you guys think of drivers who worry how fast, what lanes other drivers are doing? We have a sr. Driver who told our t.m that another driver (same sic) pressed him on the 3rd lane. Then he goes saying that the fine is 375.00 plus court fees blah blah blah. My opinion is he should just worry about himself. If any driver gets caught knowing its illegal then I'm sure he'll have learned his lesson. I just think is a shame that we have to watch our backs from management, and now our fellow drivers. He should have told the driver guys opinion and not straight to management

Safety principle #3-We have the courage to intervene and so on and so forth... if someone is truly doing something unsafe, something should be done about it. Call me a snitch or whatever you want, but if I see someone breaking the law or endangering the public then I will drop a dime on them in a heartbeat. My kids might be in the next car to that driver when he does something stupid and rolls over the car.

Just want some opinions. What do you guys think of drivers who worry how fast, what lanes other drivers are doing? We have a sr. Driver who told our t.m that another driver (same sic) pressed him on the 3rd lane. Then he goes saying that the fine is 375.00 plus court fees blah blah blah. My opinion is he should just worry about himself. If any driver gets caught knowing its illegal then I'm sure he'll have learned his lesson. I just think is a shame that we have to watch our backs from management, and now our fellow drivers. He should have told the driver guys opinion and not straight to management
Sorry to say but that has been going on for years ...these guys will rat you out so quick to gain brownie points or whatever they seem to gain from it. We don't need to fear management , we need to fear our fellow worker !

Sorry to say but that has been going on for years ...these guys will rat you out so quick to gain brownie points or whatever they seem to gain from it. We don't need to fear management , we need to fear our fellow worker !
I hear that. What blows me away is the way everybody treats the known Conrats like nothing ever happened. These people are garbage and should be treated as such.

If I understand, the senior guy was actually forced into another lane by our own driver?
If on purpose, he absolutely should go to management about it.
You want a guy to show respect or loyalty to some clown just cuz he drives the same color truck?
If the driver did not do it recklessly or on purpose, say something to him at the other end and let it go.
No reason for mgmt to be involved there.

Just reread OP.
Younger guy is riding in third lane and senior tells mgmt?
OK with me.
State cop sees one CW doing stupid stuff, it tarnishes all of us.

3rd lane is a BIG No No especially in IL....375.00 for the first offence plus 3 points on your license....2nd offence 750.00 and up and up to a 6 month suspension....3rd offence you might as well look for a new job that doesnt consist of driving a truck.....(Let me guess,this came out of XME).

3rd lane is a BIG No No especially in IL....375.00 for the first offence plus 3 points on your license....2nd offence 750.00 and up and up to a 6 month suspension....3rd offence you might as well look for a new job that doesnt consist of driving a truck.....(Let me guess,this came out of XME).

No such rule where I live, must be one of them there big city things...................

That's some serious fines for driving in the third lane , we don't have any such laws like that around my town .

I hear that. What blows me away is the way everybody treats the known Conrats like nothing ever happened. These people are garbage and should be treated as such.

That's a good point , some of our senior drivers are sort of bad about it but these new guys will run you over to get in the scm's office just to rat .
( Con-Rat .. That's a excellent name for these little snitcher's )

Yes its out if xme. When there is a line of trucks in front of you and a line of trucks behind you then what's to worry about. F.u turtle bob. Get a life and worry about yourself. Yours truly J.N:drama::drama:

Yes its out if xme. When there is a line of trucks in front of you and a line of trucks behind you then what's to worry about. F.u turtle bob. Get a life and worry about yourself. Yours truly J.N:drama::drama:

Was this you or someone you know that got snitched on ?

I mind my own damn business..We are all adults and responsible for ourselves. I am not paid to be a babysitter, I get paid by con-way to move freight.

This new "Lean" program, encourages "Con-Rat" behavior. There is going to be a steady stream of well meaning individuals (and a few who don't mean well), reporting "violations" made by others, whether to advance their own career, or to at least shift the focus off their own "mediocre" performance. In any case, you are going to see more and more of this. Pretty smart really, instead of all the money to install video monitoring equipment and the people to monitor it, they get the employees to police each other and encourage a secret reporting policy. The "Gestapo" is all around you, watch your back and trust no body.:fan:

Don't need to watch your back just do your job Correctly and all thats taken care just by doing this simple task can't catch you ******* off if your not !!

This new "Lean" program, encourages "Con-Rat" behavior. There is going to be a steady stream of well meaning individuals (and a few who don't mean well), reporting "violations" made by others, whether to advance their own career, or to at least shift the focus off their own "mediocre" performance. In any case, you are going to see more and more of this. Pretty smart really, instead of all the money to install video monitoring equipment and the people to monitor it, they get the employees to police each other and encourage a secret reporting policy. The "Gestapo" is all around you, watch your back and trust no body.:fan:

I'll run the third lane in heavy rain or snow on I95 to get around clusters or stay away from ramp traffic in those weather conditions but that's it. If someone here wants to report me for that that's fine because under those circumstances it is the safest thing to do in my opinion.

Other than that we really don't belong in the second lane let alone the third at our speed. We all look like morons when someone attempts the three county pass.

Sorry buddy hate to disappoint you ,BUT im not Turtle Bob..,They call me Snoman and Im out of XBV........

Yeah i know who you are snoman. Its me novak. Your buddy turtle bob tricked on me. Its sad that he always gets into it with management but yet goes and does something like this.