XPO | DSR from XCV got canned

FORMER EMPLOYEE

TB Lurker
Credits
DSR from XCV got canned for sweeping the trailer,before he load the freight.What kind of ::shit:: is that.We all knew that was the core value of the company,and what about the ICE program.The FOS from XLF should be the one to get fired.Since she already have a lot of problem with the DSR's.They should invistigate her attitude first towards the DSR's,before they decided to canned the DSR.And also she probably forgot,she used to be DSR too.

.............this, and more, at eleven!

Is there more to this story?

This can't be the whole story!!!

I know this driver very well and that is the whole story, wake up people they are gunning for all the senior dsr's because they can replace us with newbies at a lesser rate & lesser productivity the powers that be are truly in my opinion & my opinion alone want this company to fail. this is my opinion & certainly not the opinion of management

I know this driver very well and that is the whole story, wake up people they are gunning for all the senior dsr's because they can replace us with newbies at a lesser rate & lesser productivity the powers that be are truly in my opinion & my opinion alone want this company to fail. this is my opinion & certainly not the opinion of management
Safety Dave. This man did everything by the Con-Way book.He never loaded a stitch of freight until the trailer was completely swept clean, He never loaded any kind of freight that was damaged, ripped ,crushed until it was completely recouped to the original condition it was picked up in.He did a pre and post trip inspection that was so thorough it would make our safety guys feel like it was their first day in the business. In other words he did EVERYTHING exactly the way Con-Way Freight says they want things done. One thing that can never be accomplished in the Con-Way world is to move freight fast,cube every trailer 100% and move it damage free. Safety Dave tried to do just that and was ripped a new A-Hole every day because to do his job Con-Way properly this took TIME. It will truly be a sad,sad day for those of us who have work ethics if he was fired for this reason only.

So,...Damned if you do and damned if you don't?

Willing to bet the "infraction" was insubordination.

Will guess they put the words "common sense" in the "policy Guide" and in the interest of saving time the FOS at the FAC told him to load it and forget the sweep out. The driver decided to follow what was last known as company policy, not knowing it had changed. This will do wonders for moral.

Just a shot in the dark.

A reason to let him go

Insubordination was the charge,
but he was very friendly guy supported truck championships.

some people said he had obsessive compulsive disorder.

Something from the past

Seems to me that this is something from the past that was talked about, but low and beholded no one wanted to listen. I know that in the past that I had to post in words that made you scratch you head and say to yourself, what did he say. The powers to be are slowly doing what has be talked about. Believe what you want to believe, because when you do things little by little no one will notice.:USA::USA::USA::USA:

So,...Damned if you do and damned if you don't?

Willing to bet the "infraction" was insubordination.

Will guess they put the words "common sense" in the "policy Guide" and in the interest of saving time the FOS at the FAC told him to load it and forget the sweep out. The driver decided to follow what was last known as company policy, not knowing it had changed. This will do wonders for moral.

Just a shot in the dark.
Sucks, but, bottom line is...
Do what the FOS tells you to unless it's dangerous or illegal. Whatever issue you have with it, that gets brought up later to his superior. You don't stand there and argue about it or ignore him and continue doing what you were doing.
Choose your battles wisely people!!

Do what the FOS tells you to unless it's dangerous or illegal. Whatever issue you have with it, that gets brought up later to his superior. You don't stand there and argue about it or ignore him and continue doing what you were doing.
Very True.

I wonder if she asked that fateful question; "Are you refusing to 'perform the task'?" I have been asked that 2 or 3 times and it really caught my attention as a yes answer is an acknowledgment of willful insubordination.

I'd say there is a decent chance he will get his job back.

Very True.

I wonder if she asked that fateful question; "Are you refusing to 'perform the task'?" I have been asked that 2 or 3 times and it really caught my attention as a yes answer is an acknowledgment of willful insubordination.

I'd say there is a decent chance he will get his job back.

I know, if I were him, I'd take it all the way to the crystal palace.

Seems to me that this is something from the past that was talked about, but low and beholded no one wanted to listen. I know that in the past that I had to post in words that made you scratch you head and say to yourself, what did he say. The powers to be are slowly doing what has be talked about. Believe what you want to believe, because when you do things little by little no one will notice.:USA::USA::USA::USA:

Crypt%20Keeper.jpg

The crypt keeper speaks. Go back to the dead with your tired garbage. You dont even work for con-way anymore. :Off-Topic:

there has to be more to it than that....70% of drivers are at top scale will they fire them all

absolutely true...with this place you might win the battle but you will definatly lose the war....and im sorry but the only way he could of been fired was if he was told not to do something and did it anyway.....insubordination.....but i will not believe it was over sweeping a trailer.....its like a guy by us got fired for cracking a mirror.....sounds like no big deal...but he had 7 points when he did it.....

yep i had nothing but problems here when i first started here trying to give my opinion on lloadind unloading etc....then i learned to say ok all my problems went away....and if something was questioned due to damage my answer is I DID WHAT U TOLD ME TO DO...i just put the fos initials after i sign it on so i remember what happened when they show me the manifest with a write up....and the write up have always been ripped up

Crypt%20Keeper.jpg

The crypt keeper speaks. Go back to the dead with your tired garbage. You dont even work for con-way anymore. :Off-Topic:
Sorry my freind to strike a nerve, but I still own stock in this company and I still care about people that work there. Alot of people write off people like me because I am not like them. It is sad that the person lost his job, and I understand how he lost his job. Has anyone had contact with the man, and offered to help him get his job back? If he wants to pm me I will help in anyway that I can. How about you offering to help him, like you said I need to go back to the dead with my tired garbage. I can only hope that he has the same thing happen to him , like it happen to me. The company dated his termination letter a day before he had his ETRB meeting. Needless to say the company had to take some money off the bottom line to cover there mistake. So HWP, will you help him ? I will be home for a couple of days and he can pm me if you can not lend a hand.:USA::shades::ontopic::USA:

Well, peeps may notice but but they won't feel terribly threatened as what's so wrong about just a little bit?

What's wrong is that everyone FORGOT about the last little bit and the little enhancement before that! It adds up to what can be seen as a systematic erosion of our compensation package....but few notice.

Sure, our leaders will sometimes "listen" and give back a minuscule portion, but always end up keeping a lot more then they give back.

Well, peeps may notice but but they won't feel terribly threatened as what's so wrong about just a little bit?

What's wrong is that everyone FORGOT about the last little bit and the little enhancement before that! It adds up to what can be seen as a systematic erosion of our compensation package....but few notice.

Sure, our leaders will sometimes "listen" and give back a minuscule portion, but always end up keeping a lot more then they give back.
You are 100% right Bank!!
When things get a little better people forget the bad. They throw us a bone and people are happy .We will never be back to where we once were. Only way this place will get back to where it once was would be if they found another Uncle Jerry.:shift: