XPO | E.b.o.r.

80%... that's about the amount of drivers (including myself) who go to work every day looking to do a good job and achieve some personal goals by the end of the day. When asked to do it safely and efficiently, they try. Between the cameras and the e.o.b.r.s that 80% will be able to see the outcome of their efforts. Now that 20% percent that always operates just under the radar, only worries about themselves, and turns off every conversation that includes the words "change" or "improve" can now look forward to getting a chance to taste the Kool-Aid. 20%... that's about the amount of those who have operated by believing their actions are exempt from everyone else's expectations.
(WOW)!:thread:

I can personally tell you! You can not Shift the 7 Speeds the Same way they are doing the 10 Speeds They have slightly higher ratios for the 7 speeds but it is still not right we are lugging these trucks too much do not have the horsepower to pull anymore driving this way But this is what Corporate wants so I will give it too them lugging all the way till Christmas and Beyond !! not Complaining Cause this is the Con~Way ! /Yea It aggravates the Fire outta me ! But I can't change it might as well slow down do it get paid more for less this is after all Safety Right ???

I agree with this comment for the most part but I haven't been told yet because our units get installed this weekend and we haven't had the 3 hour training but wonder if the 7 speed city trucks are expected to also shift at the 1100-1500 range ? If so that could be unsafe, and not using common sense or showing any knowledge when it comes to trucks or driving. Unloaded no problem but loaded heavy on steep incline switching to the next gear at 1400 RPM (possible problem). Not just because these old city 7 speed trucks are running well over 2000 RPM at 62MPH and around 1900 RPM at 55MPH but because being loaded heavy up a hill in gears 1-5 in a city truck 7 speed and staying under 1500 is bad on the engine with the turbo taking to long to start kicking in.

Hell, you have to let off the pedal at 1200-1300 because the sling shot effect or velocity of the needle and rpm's at that point still throws the needle at or over 1500. Maybe 1700 for these city trucks loaded but not 1100 - 1500 loaded heavy. Also, at these high RPM'S I mentioned above , are city drivers in these old city trucks supposed to have the same MPG goal ?

In a 7 speed road truck I don't have any problem with these RPM goals just the old city trucks.

Now we know we taught Beerfd all his Crap !!!!

80%... that's about the amount of drivers (including myself) who go to work every day looking to do a good job and achieve some personal goals by the end of the day. When asked to do it safely and efficiently, they try. Between the cameras and the e.o.b.r.s that 80% will be able to see the outcome of their efforts. Now that 20% percent that always operates just under the radar, only worries about themselves, and turns off every conversation that includes the words "change" or "improve" can now look forward to getting a chance to taste the Kool-Aid. 20%... that's about the amount of those who have operated by believing their actions are exempt from everyone else's expectations.

If your a driver I'm DOUGIE.

I can personally tell you! You can not Shift the 7 Speeds the Same way they are doing the 10 Speeds They have slightly higher ratios for the 7 speeds but it is still not right we are lugging these trucks too much do not have the horsepower to pull anymore driving this way But this is what Corporate wants so I will give it too them lugging all the way till Christmas and Beyond !! not Complaining Cause this is the Con~Way ! /Yea It aggravates the Fire outta me ! But I can't change it might as well slow down do it get paid more for less this is after all Safety Right ???
Quite often the only way to prove someone wrong is to do exactly as they asked. It kills me but I will do exactly as they ask.

It's E O B R.
Sorry, but simple spelling errors drive me nuts.
Nonsensical discussions do, too.
Just do your job as well as you are able to.
If you are one of the few who screws up, then you need "coaching".
If EVERYONE else screws up along with you, they will drop the program and move on.

I find it interesting how many on this site report how the company and those in Ann Arbor have no idea of common-sense when it comes to trucks and driving. But now when technology allows a trucking company to manage their resources better some of the players suddenly refuse to utilize common-sense in rationalizing their behavior. No one at corporate is demanding every driver attain the maximum fuel economy. No one at corporate is demanding 100% compliance with fuel efficient shifting. Common-sense says no two vehicles will produce the same mileage. And common-sense says a heavy truck will not produce the mileage of an empty one. Somewhere there is an article that discusses corporate America and what is needed to be considered a successful company five to ten years from now. It is written that to be successful a company must manage actions not expectations. Pro-active vs. reactive is really what we are talking about here. The technology of DriveCam and the E.O.B.R.s brings personal accountability to the employee's actions and efforts. Everyone has been expected to drive safe and utilize progressive shifting. And for many it was everyone else's but my responsibility to conform to policy. Going forward you will be held accountable to make the effort to drive safe and economically. Operate smoothly to prevent sudden, reactive maneuvers and start utilizing 1100 and 1500 for your shift points. Once 1100 and 1500 become second nature work to reduce your range to 1050 and 1350.
It looks like there will be a lot of job openings at conway judging by the way some of your line haul drivers drive. Very un-professional to say the least!

I find it interesting how many on this site report how the company and those in Ann Arbor have no idea of common-sense when it comes to trucks and driving. But now when technology allows a trucking company to manage their resources better some of the players suddenly refuse to utilize common-sense in rationalizing their behavior. No one at corporate is demanding every driver attain the maximum fuel economy. No one at corporate is demanding 100% compliance with fuel efficient shifting. Common-sense says no two vehicles will produce the same mileage. And common-sense says a heavy truck will not produce the mileage of an empty one. Somewhere there is an article that discusses corporate America and what is needed to be considered a successful company five to ten years from now. It is written that to be successful a company must manage actions not expectations. Pro-active vs. reactive is really what we are talking about here. The technology of DriveCam and the E.O.B.R.s brings personal accountability to the employee's actions and efforts. Everyone has been expected to drive safe and utilize progressive shifting. And for many it was everyone else's but my responsibility to conform to policy. Going forward you will be held accountable to make the effort to drive safe and economically. Operate smoothly to prevent sudden, reactive maneuvers and start utilizing 1100 and 1500 for your shift points. Once 1100 and 1500 become second nature work to reduce your range to 1050 and 1350.

I can't get over what a flop this whole e.o.b.r. deal has been. What a waste of money. Some 7 speeds were set as 10 speeds, so guys are being barked at going down the road due to rpm/shift point issues, shift score deal not working at all. Mine was put in friday, I've been sick all weekend, so I didn't get a chance to drive mine friday night, but I had to take another truck thursday night, due to mines 6:00am install time. Anyhow, it said I was getting 4.6 mpg, no shift score, no noises for going over 1600rpm, but I tell ya
..it would sure rack up excess idle time. To avoid getting excess idle, I was shutting it off when hooking/unhooking, but due to stop lights on my 450 mile run, it showed 12min of excess idle...wtf? 4.6mpg is way wrong, my 450 mile run, plus the city guy driving his 45 miles during the day, I put on 63 gallons...that's 7.3-ish mpg. That's the only accurate way to track mpg, miles divided by gallons used, not this jank ass system their using. Yet, oddly enough, all the cascadia guys are saying they're getting 6.5-7.5 according to their computer. Maybe it's their way of justifying getting rid of the "fuel guzzling sterlings"?

I'm going to be bumped to city this coming job selection, due to many high senority city guys coming to linehaul, so I'll probably end up looking for another job. So, it looks like I'll only have a couple more months of this waste of money anyhow.

Oh...why can't we have 65mph back?? Want to see mpg go up, give us a truck that doesn't fall smack outta the powerband soon as you hit a hill...100 extra rpm makes a diffference.

Hey J, just wait till the actual bid to see if you get bumped. I love bid time, so many rumors float around, and every driver above wants to go to days, but magically the first night of the new bid they end up back on nights..Some of those old city guys cant hack it at night.

These are guys who were top guys on linehaul 10 years ago, and said they'd never go back to line when they switched to city. They were getting 60+ hours a week, starting at 3:30-5am, hell I wouldn't give that up either. The way our TM is doing it now, we have IB and OB crews, and the drivers hours are cut big time. Not wanting anybody to get over 8 a day, etc.

I can't get over what a flop this whole e.o.b.r. deal has been. Anyhow, it said I was getting 4.6 mpg, no shift score, no noises for going over 1600rpm, but I tell ya
.. I was shutting it off when hooking/unhooking, but due to stop lights on my 450 mile run, it showed 12min of excess idle...wtf? 4.6mpg is way wrong, my 450 mile run, plus the city guy driving his 45 miles during the day, I put on 63 gallons...that's 7.3-ish mpg. That's the only accurate way to track mpg, miles divided by gallons used, not this jank ass system their using. Yet, oddly enough, all the cascadia guys are saying they're getting 6.5-7.5 according to their computer. Maybe it's their way of justifying getting rid of the "fuel guzzling sterlings"?

Oh...why can't we have 65mph back?? Want to see mpg go up, give us a truck that doesn't fall smack outta the powerband soon as you hit a hill...100 extra rpm makes a diffference.

That's wild it was off that much. I agree with you, you top it off and average it out how far you drove and how much it takes to top it off the next time, there's no denying the facts.

. As far as the 65MPH.... When your 200 miles from the terminal and all the other carriers are flying by you like your sitting still you can't help but wonder how much the company is losing. Losing time and dollars by simply moving the freight so much slower than everyone else.

I can tell you. My last truck ran 65 on worn out drive tires, 66 and some change on fresh drives. It was an '08 with a 10 speed. I could hit the yard almost 30 minutes sooner on a 250 mile run, hav trailers on the doors, paperwork turned in, and gone before the next guy got there. We are paying these inbound guys to stand around, when there is no freight. Get the freight in sooner, broke out for p&d, deliveries made, pick ups done, and line guys can leace that much sooner. If i go to Dallas, we are always waiting on freight on Tulsa trailers...those guys don't dispatch til 11-11:30 at night, and don't hit the FAC til 4:30 in the morning. Good thing i'm first in, first out on that run, or i'd be pissed.

In all honesty, and I'm just talking out my ass, as I don't know what they'd pay...BUT.

I know we have smaller owner/ops who pull in/out of the fac, they are there everynight...I've thought about buying one of those older Sterlings, and leasing it to Con-Way. Just run SIC to SIC. I doubt they'd let you pull their pups, but I can't help but giggle at the thought of blowing past a line of con-way trucks at 75mph in a striped sterling, leaving them thinking wtf?!