FedEx Freight | Eden System?

Credits
does anyone know what all this Eden System that are bein put on all the trucks consists of ? so far all i have seen is the little antenna on top of the truck.

They are finally going to start installing these into the trucks.
They will be a lot of different things, logs, dispatch, gps, and even make your lunch.

We were told by dispatcher that they can pull up on their computer where you are at. They can get a map of your current location and how long you have been there. Big brother is watching!!!

They are finally going to start installing these into the trucks.
They will be a lot of different things, logs, dispatch, gps, and even make your lunch.

Don't forget the little camera giving the video capabilities as to what's going on in the cab... Weather your dozing off, picking your nose or messing around with "Candy the stripper" on your mandatory lunch break... :whistle: Also, said camera has infra-red technology to monitor your body temperature, thus giving them a good idea weather you are really giving the expected 100%, which is the company wide goal.

You have been warned!

These gps units are bluetooth compatiable and they can tell when your on your cell phone if you have a bluetooth phone!:biglaugh:,bye bye cell phone!!

All this technological crap to keep an eye on you, but nothing for instant communication. I would like to see them bring back the Nextels.

what about in the city will you be able to confirm pickups and deliveries or talk to dispatch at all we still got nextels at my barn but that s it they ve been talking about handhelds for years but we ve never seen them

what about in the city will you be able to confirm pickups and deliveries or talk to dispatch at all we still got nextels at my barn but that s it they ve been talking about handhelds for years but we ve never seen them
We have the hand helds(intermacs) but comunication through it can be agrevating. Text messaging sucks( he says on his computer ). Waiting for responses can be time consuming.

They're also supposed to send the techs at the domicile shops problems with any of their tractors.... trouble codes and such, no matter where the truck is. Also supposed to help drivers mispulls.... if someone hooks to the wrong trailer, it warns them. Although I didn't know there was a mispull problem here.

The eden is going to be for both city and road, and they are starting to come out it Ark, Tx, etc.. Should be all over in 2010... so they say... we'll see. Not looking forward to it myself. Just another way for them to monitor what were doing... cell phones and all. If they want us to give all 100% while we are at work then they should buy some trucks that are worth driving. FedEx is just like all the other freight haulers out there... they all have crappy equipment, with lousy seats. Oh well, I'll just shut up now and do my job, thats all they want anyway.

FedEx is just like all the other freight haulers out there... they all have crappy equipment, with lousy seats. Oh well, I'll just shut up now and do my job, thats all they want anyway.

I like my truck. I spend lotsa time in it and it's comfy.

roog

I like my truck. I spend lotsa time in it and it's comfy.

roog
jimmine whilikers ..... :clap:

I'm on my 4th cb radio since the gps was put in .....crash and burn crash and burn .... I don't know what happen ...leaky roof , or something else .... raido now on the dash, not in the roof pocket .... and no trouble .... yet ....(its a cheapie, and that all that going in untill I find out what has happen to the good radios.)

I forgot to say .... dash lights went out , headlights also, dash broken, dash lights out again ..... but the boys got a good job from harrison for craming them in in a hurry ..... 1 hour install .... but 5 times that amount was spent fixing the screw ups ...... saved some money there boys !

The eden is going to be for both city and road, and they are starting to come out it Ark, Tx, etc.. Should be all over in 2010... so they say... we'll see. Not looking forward to it myself. Just another way for them to monitor what were doing... cell phones and all. If they want us to give all 100% while we are at work then they should buy some trucks that are worth driving. FedEx is just like all the other freight haulers out there... they all have crappy equipment, with lousy seats. Oh well, I'll just shut up now and do my job, thats all they want anyway.

Obviously you weren't around in the smurf days. These truck we have are like living a dream compared to those rattle shakin gutless, rough ridin bucket of bolts. We have the best equipped most comfortable trucks in the LTL industry.
Is the eden system really that big of deal? Stop with only seeing the negative and look for a positive now and then. It makes the job much better!

I love my truck. It is comfy and for a freight truck, it is pretty loaded too. It is one of the new internationals, and let me tell you, international has come a long way. No one else uses it when I am off either, because the keys for them a scarce.

Whats this about this system knowing when we're on our cell phones...can they hear our conversations?... sounds a little intrusive to me