Yellow | Electronic Logging Devices

So we can look forward to the major bitching about ELD's starting then also? Or the spending of money on them, even though they are a mandated by federal law?

I would bet that their will be a few lanes where the company will be forced to make some changes and do a better job of planing.( not that they do any now )
It's the 14 hour clock that will be the killer not the 11 hour drive time. Sitting on the bench waiting on bills or the shop or a via to a dark terminal will eat that 14 up real fast.
Drivers will have to stop and flag their safety checks and that 30 minute break. No way around this !!
This may be a long shot but the seniority list will see a few at the top retire !!
Its like having the company snitch and rat riding along with you every trip. E- Log will make honest boys and girls out of the go to crowd...........

As far as I'm concerned it's those greedy bastards who lie like hell on their logs (Union and Non Union) that is causing "Big Brother" to force e logs on everyone. We only have ourselfs to blame for this!
And your right, Lets see how fast dispatch gets loads dispatched now! No more sitting 3 hours to run a 500 mile + turn!!!!

As far as I'm concerned it's those greedy bastards who lie like hell on their logs (Union and Non Union) that is causing "Big Brother" to force e logs on everyone. We only have ourselfs to blame for this!
And your right, Lets see how fast dispatch gets loads dispatched now! No more sitting 3 hours to run a 500 mile + turn!!!!
Or holding up a run to get that 1 timekeeper on the trailer before they pull it to the yard & hook it. That will be a thing of the past.

You mean no more use of the "Ferrari" type writing instrument ? :clap:
6KM3hbm.jpg

Come and get me I am out of hours a 1/2 mile from the terminal.It all stops when the clock stops.E-logs are no big deal.thell have the problem not us.

The operating ratio will be at 120 when these things get installed. All trucks before 2000 mfd dont get them so hell thats 90% of yrc's trucks anyway.

Gosh. It took less than 1 day.... thought maybe a few more months, anyway.

Question?
Does this apply to city drivers also?
Nice pen. . . Betcha It writes fast!
Yes it will apply! 60 hours in 6 days, 14 hour max a day. What I don't know is will the current hand held computer with say, Added features safice for an e-log or will the Company have to install them in 14 year old city units also.

Drivers are testing devices locally. They are telling us the new devices will combine logging and Intermetric type functions

Drivers are testing devices locally. They are telling us the new devices will combine logging and Intermetric type functions
Makes since seeing how you are not in the same City unit all the time. If it's an added function of the hand held so much the better