XPO | Employee Engagement and You

Our leaders have proved for years that if they want to change things, they can.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I will throw in my 2 cents on a couple things, do with them what you must....

1. Lean Six Sigma is indeed based on the theory that "ground up" decision making is the method by which you will get the most accurate and thorough results. I think that speaks for itself. John L is THE driver behind it's conceptual use at Con-way. He is a complete believer in it. Now those of you sitting back and saying that you are not seeing anything need to understand one thing: It is in it's very preliminary stages, and will be more exposed in the summer. Have some patience.
2. Merdock mentioned the upcoming survey the week of 4/20-24...If I was ever going to tell a group to take advantage of something, this may very well be it. Many here are very articulate and professional, and here is your chance to be heard, and to be heard the right way. There are some that are going to want to be heard and will go about it the wrong way. I will only say to imagine how you would react to a tirade filled and profanity laced dissertation...Opportunity is knocking....seize the opportunity...for those of you who believe that you will not be heard anyway, save your energy..The rest of us will go to bat for you... I, for one, intend to sign my name to mine..

As did MANY of us YEAR after YEAR in the PAST
all to NO avail .

Of course that was JUST in PAPER FORM/CARDS with
comments/explainations ATTACHED . SURELY THIS
TIME , in the NEW UPDATED computer AGE all will
be differant .

Just4Thought

As stated, if you believe you will not be heard, save your energy...

They know if I believe I will not be heard???

Oh, Ill speak my peace. They would think something was very wrong if I did not. But to expect any substantial results? Am sure they will throw a bone to demonstrate good faith but little more.

Today's expectations are tomorrow's disappointments.

If there is more, then it will be icing on the cupcake. It's best when it's a surprise!

So who chose the Kenexa outfit...went over to their site...lotsa of stuff to explore...anyone know anything about them???

Rat :shift:

Is there some type of video on the portal???

I am thinking there was a post about it...and if so where do I find it?

Rat :TR10driving03:

Its not words,actions speak loudest,and conways,well, you know the rest. You guys have fun,youre better word smiths than me.Im not playin any more........

Its not words,actions speak loudest,and conways,well, you know the rest. You guys have fun,youre better word smiths than me.Im not playin any more........

Come on now! Your input is just as good as the next one's, regardless of how you feel about your word smithing.

You joined therefore you must interact!:clap:

Yup! This time it will be different!

Probably very TRUE .

This time , they can just hit DELETE .

Previously when I , USPS , MAILED , CERT. RETURN
RECEIPT REQ. , someone had to sign and I got proof back that it arrived .

Strange as it may seem , I never did get an
answer or response for my time and efforts .

Just4Thought

At Fedex Freight they have been slinging this engagement bs for years. What it boils down to is lots of lip service and a yearly survey. Post survey, the managers and supervisors at individual centers are rated on their "teams" scores and reponses and held responsible for the changes in them. The company institutes policies and guidelines,set goals, and compensation packages but puts the responsibility of "employee engagement" at the local level without providing support to effect any meaningful change.

I know I am a visitor in your forum. I hope you will forgive the intrusion.

I will throw in my 2 cents on a couple things, do with them what you must....

1. Lean Six Sigma is indeed based on the theory that "ground up" decision making is the method by which you will get the most accurate and thorough results. I think that speaks for itself. John L is THE driver behind it's conceptual use at Con-way. He is a complete believer in it. Now those of you sitting back and saying that you are not seeing anything need to understand one thing: It is in it's very preliminary stages, and will be more exposed in the summer. Have some patience.
2. Merdock mentioned the upcoming survey the week of 4/20-24...If I was ever going to tell a group to take advantage of something, this may very well be it. Many here are very articulate and professional, and here is your chance to be heard, and to be heard the right way. There are some that are going to want to be heard and will go about it the wrong way. I will only say to imagine how you would react to a tirade filled and profanity laced dissertation...Opportunity is knocking....seize the opportunity...for those of you who believe that you will not be heard anyway, save your energy..The rest of us will go to bat for you... I, for one, intend to sign my name to mine..
I will also sign my name like I have in the past and most likely feel the same
repercussion just like the past. They want us to participate and comunicate ONLY IF We look like a SMURF from drinking the BLUE COOL-AID. I for one do not look like a SMURF

employee enguagement

Goggle 'employee engagement' and you will find why this term is so important to companies today. And, to our company included.

During our celebration week of April 20th - 24th, the employee portal states we will have the opportunity to "share thoughts and opinions on a variety of engagement dimensions..."

Now those suffering from conspricism can beat this apart all they want but I look forward to the opportunity of participate in this process at face value as posted on the employee portal.
they should have figured that out a long time ago.just hope it doesnt go in one ear and out the other.:shift:

They know if I believe I will not be heard???

Oh, Ill speak my peace. They would think something was very wrong if I did not. But to expect any substantial results? Am sure they will throw a bone to demonstrate good faith but little more.

Today's expectations are tomorrow's disappointments.

If there is more, then it will be icing on the cupcake. It's best when it's a surprise!

:hide: "throw us a bone" As in right after they told us our pension was frozen ( sorry, the first time around it was not frozen, according to them ), next thing out of their mouth was we will now able to use vacation days one day at a time. I can't wait to get my teeth into the next bone, something that should already have been in place, like the day at a time vacation should have been! :smilie_132:

:hide: "throw us a bone" As in right after they told us our pension was frozen ( sorry, the first time around it was not frozen, according to them ), next thing out of their mouth was we will now able to use vacation days one day at a time. I can't wait to get my teeth into the next bone, something that should already have been in place, like the day at a time vacation should have been! :smilie_132:

Uh, can't you take it one day at a time now..?? All of it..??