Yellow | Employee Shortage

When a new hire applies and interviews they are told what the starting wage is. When the giveback started we took a wage cut. New hires didnt take a wage cut, they werent here. They are giving back nothing and have no gripe. Its like the people who move next to the airport and then complain about the noise.

Well said, I couldn't agree more

Let me clarify...no spotter here is going to abf. What I meant was not enough full time spotters or dock me to fill the July bid. And that if a new hire would go anywhere they would go to abf. I know all the new casual dock men that have been hired here don't last long. If they turn down a call they let them go. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is it the pay or is it being a casual thats te problem??????????

There's plenty of truckload drivers that would love to get off the road

Truck load drivers usually don't want to work the dock.
Most of the time from what I've seen it being a casual that `the new hires can't take, when it was good pay and a chance for a future it was a job worth putting up with the BS to stay but now if the pay is close and they can get a assigned shift elsewhere they're gone.................

Well I can see why, the whole casual thing is something I would avoid at all costs

The whole casual thing has become a disgrace. Casuals used to get the same pay rate as seniority folks back in the day. They were just people who didn't want to be tied to a seniority slot. Lots of guys worked for years as casuals. Companies used to keep the seniority list tight so list men worked regularly and used casuals for the busier days. Casuals have been exploited just as so many others have over the years with the crap contracts we've accepted. A real shame.

Around here all drivers are combo dock/drivers you bid by seniority bottom 10% are on 2 hr calls.

So when you start as a causal(they all start as causal until making the list) your on the bottom and will probably get mostly days in P&D then sooner or later you need to make the decision to give up the on call and take a bid it'll be outbound dock, inbound if your lucky..........................

How many guys are retiring from each terminal this year? At 135 we will probably have at least 100. Guys are leaving quicker than they can hire on the dock side. Can't get road drivers. With this pension reform act coming to a close Dec 31 this year, guys are bailing out and getting their RIP money. I hope to be one of them also.
With the **** poor management, shoddy equipment and screwed up wages and pension contributions. Who wants to come into a new job HERE??!!

How many guys are retiring from each terminal this year? At 135 we will probably have at least 100. Guys are leaving quicker than they can hire on the dock side. Can't get road drivers. With this pension reform act coming to a close Dec 31 this year, guys are bailing out and getting their RIP money. I hope to be one of them also.
With the **** poor management, shoddy equipment and screwed up wages and pension contributions. Who wants to come into a new job HERE??!!

6/30/14 for me!

The rest of the country does not have the rip plan it was only for central pa teamsters, and I wish they would go back to it....

Well I as a driver between the hog board and the live style required of a OTR sleeper driver if I was a young man i think twice about doing what I'm doing now

I dunno, it just seems odd to me. I understand hog board and starting out first couple of slow periods would suck and require some unemployment, once past that it should be OK. But then I hear more guys complaining that they don't get enough time off. Can't there be some sort of happy medium to it?

Maybe in the old days it worked out well but today you'll be on the bottom for years,

2 to 3 is fine but to hold a single man bid where I'm at you gotta have close to 20 years

I dunno, it just seems odd to me. I understand hog board and starting out first couple of slow periods would suck and require some unemployment, once past that it should be OK. But then I hear more guys complaining that they don't get enough time off. Can't there be some sort of happy medium to it?

In my opinion a hog board always stinks. It just encourages the rabbits and dashers to run without even stopping to eat or pee just to get back quickly to hit the clock.

You are right!

How many employees are going to have to resign and go to other companies before Welch and his team realize the pay is just too low to be competitive? Even new hires have been walking out of orientation sessions after being told about the 15% wage reduction. I'm sure YRC will eventually stop telling new hires about the 15% and just let them see it for themselves.

You're right!! The Dallas, TX garage is having a hard time hiring experienced
mechanics and KEEPING them. With the 15% cut and a miniscule pension
contribution, they are moving on.

How many employees are going to have to resign and go to other companies before Welch and his team realize the pay is just too low to be competitive? Even new hires have been walking out of orientation sessions after being told about the 15% wage reduction. I'm sure YRC will eventually stop telling new hires about the 15% and just let them see it for themselves.

It makes it even worse when Welch wants a big bonus for himself and other execs
for getting the concessions rammed through. Yea, what ever happened to equal sacrifice??

The rank and file voted all these concessions in because every time a loan payment comes due YRC throws a MOU out there along with the bankruptcy card, the union goes along with them. Who the hell wants to work for a company on the verge of bankruptcy as they claim!!!!!! :Violin: