XPO | Employment

1FastVette

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello.

Question i have to ask. How do u feel this non-union ltl it compared to the competiton.

1.Equipment
2. Treatment to employees.
3. Pay. with Ot
4. Benefits-Health etc.
5. Retirement options.
6. Seniority rights.

Overall.

1. I think equipment is about the same here compared to most ltls
2.The treatment of employees depends on location, there are some great SCM and some terrible ones
3.In my area other then UPS pay is tops with OT but varies by location
4.Benefits are average overall, I believe we are close to top on PTO time, health insurance is comparable to most non union ltls. Teamcare which is union healthcare is no cost and better from what I hear
5.Retirement is 401k only which XPO contributes to weekly even if you don't which I've never had before. We have several choices with low fees to invest your money
6.Senority is followed forPto request, start time and layoffs.

I hope that helps.

5.Retirement is 401k only which XPO contributes to weekly even if you don't which I've never had before.

I’m pretty sure there is a cutoff. If you were hired after a certain date(I forget the actual date), then the employee MUST contribute to the 401k to receive some level of contribution from the company.

I’m pretty sure there is a cutoff. If you were hired after a certain date(I forget the actual date), then the employee MUST contribute to the 401k to receive some level of contribution from the company.
I do remember them changing some things for new hires but don't know the details

Correct not sure of the year, but in this case ALL new hires have to put in 5% to get 4% from the company

5.Retirement is 401k only which XPO contributes to weekly even if you don't which I've never had before. We have several choices with low fees to invest your money
XPo does offer a ROTH within the retirement plan. I would just put the 5% in the 401K to just get the match and the rest in the ROTH... ROTH pay tax now and nothing later.....unless the liberals get control then they will tax everything

XPo does offer a ROTH within the retirement plan. I would just put the 5% in the 401K to just get the match and the rest in the ROTH... ROTH pay tax now and nothing later.....unless the liberals get control then they will tax everything
Dont worry about the tax , the republicans will find a way to give it to the top 1% before you can get your grabbers on the dough

For current new-hires 401k doesnt kick in until. After 1 year of service. Roth she is checking into for me.

Hello. Update.

Well had my driving test with Don. He said i past with flying colors and welcome me on board.

Hr Gal email me later and said they had more interviews. Over the next couple days and will get back with me. If they want to offer a chance for employment. Not sure if this standard or should take this as a sign. ?

Cross my fingers and wait to see, that is all i can do at this point.

Hello. Update.

Well had my driving test with Don. He said i past with flying colors and welcome me on board.

Hr Gal email me later and said they had more interviews. Over the next couple days and will get back with me. If they want to offer a chance for employment. Not sure if this standard or should take this as a sign. ?

Cross my fingers and wait to see, that is all i can do at this point.
I don’t think the driver trainer that did your road test can offer you the job. I’d say that would be up to the terminal manager or HR manager. I would think if everything came back good on the background check, drug test and road test you would hear from the TM in a day or two. If not, give them a call.

I don’t think the driver trainer that did your road test can offer you the job. I’d say that would be up to the terminal manager or HR manager. I would think if everything came back good on the background check, drug test and road test you would hear from the TM in a day or two. If not, give them a call.
When I got hired they gave me a letter of hire which showed I was hired, I dunno if they did it every where or if they still do it.

When I got hired they gave me a letter of hire which showed I was hired, I dunno if they did it every where or if they still do it.

I'm still waiting on my letter of hire, haven't received it yet. But my i only passed my driving test last Thursday. Just playing the waiting game now.

Guess i'm waiting on this, before they schedule my. Preemployment **** test, dot physical and strength body test. Thought this would be done before the letter of offer.
Maybe this company does this in different order of things, not sure.

This terminal needs drivers. Many leaving. Good luck. You are hiring in at a very good time. But I have seen you on these boards before. You have worked for just about everyone in the metro area. Odds are good. If you weren't happy there. You won't be happy here. This job is all about getting it done. And there is a lot to get done.

Just curious what is the normal length of time. During the hiring process before u are put to work as a Driver here.
Roughly a week ( I haven't paid attention to how long it takes to be trained and placed on your own as a driver in years but I don't think it's changed much )

No offense to you , but however long the training is , it needs to be longer.