XPO | Employment

Roughly a week ( I haven't paid attention to how long it takes to be trained and placed on your own as a driver in years but I don't think it's changed much )

No offense to you , but however long the training is , it needs to be longer.
They just hired a couple at my place and they had 3 weeks training, 1 week linehaul, 1 week of P&D and a week of videos and dock.

Thanks for the info. I guess i should have'd been more specific . How long if the normal before they hire you-Begin the training.

Interview-driving test-background check ,drivers abstract check-etc leading to send for preemployment **** test, new dot physical , strength test, letter of offer of job. I not in a super rush just wondering.

Thanks for the info. I guess i should have'd been more specific . How long if the normal before they hire you-Begin the training.

Interview-driving test-background check ,drivers abstract check-etc leading to send for preemployment **** test, new dot physical , strength test, letter of offer of job. I not in a super rush just wondering.
That would be a question I’d ask the person doing the hiring. Could be a week, could be a month, depending on how much of a hurry they are in to get someone on board and how many applicants.

That would be a question I’d ask the person doing the hiring. Could be a week, could be a month, depending on how much of a hurry they are in to get someone on board and how many applicants.

Copy its been exactly a week today. Since i past my driving test and they were running some background info check and what else they do first.
I'll reach out and see what's going on..

Copy its been exactly a week today. Since i past my driving test and they were running some background info check and what else they do first.
I'll reach out and see what's going on..
I think from first interview to first day of training, for me, was about a month. I can't remember exactly what the hold-up was, but I do remember...it was something.

They just hired a couple at my place and they had 3 weeks training, 1 week linehaul, 1 week of P&D and a week of videos and dock.
I guess I need to pay attention to the new drivers and see how long it takes! ( as far as the training program )

I vaguely recall a week with a few days on linehaul and a few in the city.

I guess I need to pay attention to the new drivers and see how long it takes! ( as far as the training program )

I vaguely recall a week with a few days on linehaul and a few in the city.
I also recall getting paid a flat 40 hours for those weeks and working many more, especially on linehaul! The new hires do have some (not all) things better then we did. I’m starting my 16th year here and still waiting for my bump in vacation time. 15 years plus what, 15 months lol?

I also recall getting paid a flat 40 hours for those weeks and working many more, especially on linehaul! The new hires do have some (not all) things better then we did. I’m starting my 16th year here and still waiting for my bump in vacation time. 15 years plus what, 15 months lol?

you should be at 3.8 hours a week right? Vacation increase is automatic.

now they punch the time clo9ck and get paid by the hour for all hour they work even when they go on LH. OT included
That's great......I remember training when I worked there had a long via only got paid for the forty on linehaul....good that they changed it......I bet a bunch of guys cried and said "they shouldn't change it cause it wasn't that way for me!".....oh wait I forgot there are no cry babies there.....sorry. lmao

Hey Brothers.

One good point i forgot to mention was. That for new hires now, no waiting period for the Health Benefit Package.
Starts from day 1. So how long has this been going on for this.

Because for me that is a big deal.

Hey Brothers.

One good point i forgot to mention was. That for new hires now, no waiting period for the Health Benefit Package.

XPO changed that shortly after they took over. I thought that XPO only took away things not improve things. :27:

Last edited:
Hey Brothers.

Has anyone told you if they start you with $500 into you HRA if you pick that option or do you have to wait? I think they normally deposit it at the beginning of the year, it definitely helps