XPO | enough is enough

brutus

TB Veteran
Credits
it's time to kick Werner, cfi, crst and all the other common carriers to the curb and start hauling our own freight. and the unnecessary via's also have to stop. as I've said before the only time a via should be run is if the outbound FAC has more freight then drivers.

I concur. It's bad for morale when guys aren't running everyday on linehaul & city guys are being layed off & then you see all the other carriers trailers being loaded at the dock.

it's time to kick Werner, cfi, crst and all the other common carriers to the curb and start hauling our own freight. and the unnecessary via's also have to stop. as I've said before the only time a via should be run is if the outbound FAC has more freight then drivers.

If they stop using these sub service guys I will be suprised. It is far cheaper to use them then for them to use us. Which I think is nuts. Plus it's fewer jobs for our guys/gals as well. I agree though, they should kick them to the curb.

Too Many Vias

I agree,we have too many via's,Linehaul dos'nt have a clue most nights! they will send as many drivers as they can to pick up 1 trailer over at a Fac,you get there and its a dry run,they don't care about the winter driving conditions or your hours,we need new Linehaul managers!I have been here 19 yrs and it's getting worse every day!:duh:

I agree,we have too many via's,Linehaul dos'nt have a clue most nights! they will send as many drivers as they can to pick up 1 trailer over at a Fac,you get there and its a dry run,they don't care about the winter driving conditions or your hours,we need new Linehaul managers!I have been here 19 yrs and it's getting worse every day!:duh:

I think the problem is higher than the linehaul management. We need a higher source to change how it's run.

Im watching all these bullshit videos about claims... Im a city driver.. hey linehaul??? stop ****ing it up... dont double stack it dont cram ..and jam.... stop ****ing up my freigh... my coustomers will apprreciate it

Im watching all these bullshit videos about claims... Im a city driver.. hey linehaul??? stop ****ing it up... dont double stack it dont cram ..and jam.... stop ****ing up my freigh... my coustomers will apprreciate it

Why didnt you go to the linehaul meeting and tell them that? Posting here and not saying anything there does not help. Come on now co-owner .... I thought you knew better.

call line-haul and tell them to send more drivers to the fac's.

i agree with you brutus. top brass just looks at it from a money standpoint. thats all. cheaper to use em. but then again, without those common carriers,how would our freight ever make it to california in 3 days????????? :duh:

i agree with you brutus. top brass just looks at it from a money standpoint. thats all. cheaper to use em. but then again, without those common carriers,how would our freight ever make it to California in 3 days????????? :duh:
con-way could become a real trucking company and run teams.and I'm not talking about truckload.i've run it before it onlt takes about 31-40 hrs (give or take 8 hr) to get to california.
i want to know how many times has service been missed by the common carriers?????

sorry to sound like management guys ..but the reason is well known why they use these other carriers...empty miles ...how often would an otr carrier have a truck run from florida to wisconsin empty ?? very very expensive...there are just alot of areas in the u.s. where this is needed..in the long run this will be better for the company in general...

con-way could become a real trucking company and run teams.and I'm not talking about truckload.i've run it before it onlt takes about 31-40 hrs (give or take 8 hr) to get to california.
i want to know how many times has service been missed by the common carriers?????

I would run a team operation to the west.. maybe not the pacific north west ... but I have run the west before. From where I am at LA and SF is 36 ... UPO USE and San Diego is 40 like you said Brutus give or take some .. We have common carriers into us late about once a week.

I didn't think that the transit times had changed since we started using the outside companies.
The company may not want to pay empty miles but they sure are more than willing to only pay 1 cent a mile for the guys hauling triples (500 mile trip = $5.00).

I didn't think that the transit times had changed since we started using the outside companies.
The company may not want to pay empty miles but they sure are more than willing to only pay 1 cent a mile for the guys hauling triples (500 mile trip = $5.00).

Ok ... lets use Chicago as a docimile point. Where between Chicago and Sacramento can you pull triples. The most direct way to Sacramento is I 80

Ok ... lets use Chicago as a docimile point. Where between Chicago and Sacramento can you pull triples. The most direct way to Sacramento is I 80

That is not how I meant that to come across. I meant that they have become a bunch of cheap friggin tightwads & they only care about making a $1 instead of improving workers confidence.
It is hard to stay loyal to a company that started out saying they would never use outside carriers to move freight & then start doing it.
A happy DSR lets the customers know he is happy , a unhappy DSR lets all the customers know he is unhappy weather he wants to or not.

That is not how I meant that to come across. I meant that they have become a bunch of cheap friggin tightwads & they only care about making a $1 instead of improving workers confidence.
It is hard to stay loyal to a company that started out saying they would never use outside carriers to move freight & then start doing it.
A happy DSR lets the customers know he is happy , a unhappy DSR lets all the customers know he is unhappy weather he wants to or not.

I understand. I have seen these clowns trip over dollars to make dimes.........