XPO | enough is enough

How do you get your pups out of Ca. loaded? I can see it from Dallas or Atlanta, but not over the Rockies. In fact, if there's 70,000lbs. of freight at Atlant and 20.000 lbs of it is going to one customer in Pa., that freight should be captured and loaded direct in a pup to the customer, not mixed in the longbox and handled again at NRM. Some foresight from linehaul is needed for us to stay competitve. This ICE stuff we're hearing about will only work when linehaul starts running with the customer in mind, not the wallstreet gurus. The wallstreet gurus will come aboard in droves after we satisfy the customers needs. Press on

Well, guess what boys... This aint the old school Conway anymore... The old school guys are retireing left and right... we dont have a trucking company mentality now, ..we now have a Business profile.............

Well, guess what boys... This aint the old school Conway anymore... The old school guys are retireing left and right... we dont have a trucking company mentality now, ..we now have a Business profile.............
They will tell you we our a transportation company.Not a trucking company.

How do you get your pups out of Ca. loaded? I can see it from Dallas or Atlanta, but not over the Rockies. In fact, if there's 70,000lbs. of freight at Atlant and 20.000 lbs of it is going to one customer in Pa., that freight should be captured and loaded direct in a pup to the customer, not mixed in the longbox and handled again at NRM. Some foresight from linehaul is needed for us to stay competitve. This ICE stuff we're hearing about will only work when linehaul starts running with the customer in mind, not the wallstreet gurus. The wallstreet gurus will come aboard in droves after we satisfy the customers needs. Press on
At FXFE in SGF they will unload a nicely loaded trlr complete with decking and dunnage just to swing it to a purchse, you guys aren't the only ones doing it......... sux.

They load 1-2 out of IND every night going to DAL proper, mean while we cancel 2-3 bids going to IND out of STL then they have the ARC guys via to STL with our freight while STL has guys sitting at home.....

FM

At FXFE in SGF they will unload a nicely loaded trlr complete with decking and dunnage just to swing it to a purchse, you guys aren't the only ones doing it......... sux.

They load 1-2 out of IND every night going to DAL proper, mean while we cancel 2-3 bids going to IND out of STL then they have the ARC guys via to STL with our freight while STL has guys sitting at home.....

FM

I knew you guys used common carriers but how much do you use common trash ?

Does FXF use common carriers and how much.
Yes they do as you have stated, as for numbers I don't have an exact figure, of course more in some areas than in others. If memory serves I was told once that there was something like 10 a day out of STL.

As was mentioned in my post, they are running at least 1 and often 2 out of IND to DAL, there are many drivers for these purchase (common) that drive these same runs regularly, I even said to one at the yard he may as well get a FX jacket, I know he's been running out of there for a few years now.

I'm still not seeing your reference to trash though??

FM

Yes they do as you have stated, as for numbers I don't have an exact figure, of course more in some areas than in others. If memory serves I was told once that there was something like 10 a day out of STL.

As was mentioned in my post, they are running at least 1 and often 2 out of IND to DAL, there are many drivers for these purchase (common) that drive these same runs regularly, I even said to one at the yard he may as well get a FX jacket, I know he's been running out of there for a few years now.

I'm still not seeing your reference to trash though??

FM

I was referring to the common carriers as trash. Even though con way hired them to pull freight but when it is this slow it is not right leaving our boys sit at home and use these clowns who are late often or smell worse than a skunk.

it's time to kick Werner, cfi, crst and all the other common carriers to the curb and start hauling our own freight. and the unnecessary via's also have to stop. as I've said before the only time a via should be run is if the outbound FAC has more freight then drivers.
I have to strongly disagree with you B. Until we can load a pup to ride our only saving grace against heavy damages are long boxes .I am not seeing unnecessary via's in our area. True we sit guy's at our terminals but most terminals are bypassed by several different linehaul runs. You got five loads going to reship and two loads coming back would you send three guy's ???? I got no problem with linehaul considering the many problems that can happen every night. Sorry for being a ********* realist.

I have to strongly disagree with you B. Until we can load a pup to ride our only saving grace against heavy damages are long boxes .I am not seeing unnecessary via's in our area. True we sit guy's at our terminals but most terminals are bypassed by several different linehaul runs. You got five loads going to reship and two loads coming back would you send three guy's ???? I got no problem with linehaul considering the many problems that can happen every night.
all via's that sit driver at home are unnecessary. we have been sending two drivers after 6 boxes.so please tell why not send a third guy?? so what happens is some one else has to cover the other two boxes which means if their on two.then it becomes cram and jam which equal damaged freight.

I was referring to the common carriers as trash. Even though con way hired them to pull freight but when it is this slow it is not right leaving our boys sit at home and use these clowns who are late often or smell worse than a skunk.

Con-Way end of month report for January, 2007 states that Con-Way Truckload is pulling 25% of our freight. This probably has something to do with drivers sitting at home. You can read this at Con-Wayfreight.com.

Ok, all I hear is about how much money we pay out in claims. Allegedly, we pay out more in claims per day than if we would buy a new tractor each day.

Yet, we all see freight literally crammed into trailers every night. Apparently no one cares about that.

Then consider, how many guys sit at home each night, for lack of a run?

How about this:

Floor load everything (or as much as possible)
Therefore, nothing gets damaged.
If that were the case, more trailers/drivers would be utilized.

Then, with nothing jammed in, nothing gets damaged, hence = no claims paid out.

Also, then guys would be working every night.

Do you think that Con-Way would pay more out in payroll in a situation like that than they already do in damage claims?

Of course, bear in mind I'm an idiot.

Thanks.