TForce | Enough Union, is there any new rumors?

accelerator

TB Legend
Credits
Has anyone heard anything at all ?seems rather dead in the rumor mill, Heard about the greivance comittee and the safety commitee. Are these the most recent?

heard today at the barn....

UPS might have a buyout soon for those close to retirement....

might be just a rumor.....

heard we were getting $1 an hour raise in January...

might be just a rumor....

southerngrits said:
heard today at the barn....

UPS might have a buyout soon for those close to retirement....

might be just a rumor.....

heard we were getting $1 an hour raise in January...

might be just a rumor....

I heard that on Fridays, but only the 3rd Friday of the month that has a new moon in it... UPSF drivers and their families will get into Sea World free, but 1st you will need to have completed a 2600 mile week to even be added to a list.. There will be only 5 families added to this list, you must 1st fill out a 6 page application in full. Then only the 1st 5 families that submit the form before the 3:00 P.M. deadline on that Said Friday will be considered. All 5 families must be packed and ready to leave for the bus ride to Sea World, After all 5 families are counted and ready to leave, and only then will 1 family be awarded the Trip to Sea World, This will be done by Rock, Paper, Scissors:ShakeHandsNah:

But this might only be a rumor :smilie_132:

Accelerator said:
Has anyone heard anything at all ?seems rather dead in the rumor mill, Heard about the greivance comittee and the safety commitee. Are these the most recent?

OMG...:holysheep: you mean, to tell me it ain't so.. tell me it ain't a rumor:nono: , I told my better half he better not stop taken his med's,, you know when he forgets to take them he thinks people that aren't really there talk to him and ask him to do things. I bet he has stopped taking his med's again, and no one really asked him to be on that committee you mean he didn't have to stand up and yell .:Pick-Me:

Rumors

The rumor we keep hearing in K.C. is that in January of 2007 UPS will freeze our company funded pension and bulk up the 401k.

Equalizer

OMG...:holysheep: you mean, to tell me it ain't so.. tell me it ain't a rumor:nono: , I told my better half he better not stop taken his med's,, you know when he forgets to take them he thinks people that aren't really there talk to him and ask him to do things. I bet he has stopped taking his med's again, and no one really asked him to be on that committee you mean he didn't have to stand up and yell .:Pick-Me:

It's a rumor to me , after all we do not have one of these grievance comittees up here , we have a saftey comittee.

If UPS were to roll the old Overnite fully funded pension into the 401-k,than when you turn 59 & 1/2 you could draw the whole works out in a lump sum,with no penalties.
But you'd have to pay the current Federal,and state taxes up front.

Where as if it stays as a pension fund other than a 401-k,it would only be awarded you on retirement in monthly payments.

Either way this is all money earned,which would be coming our way,one way,or another.

Yup it could be a good deal,to get the whole works up front.
But only if we can still plan on social security to take care of us monthly untill we pass into that great truck stop in the sky.

No fuel,what are you thinking?
We will be clouds dirfting around,I think?
But I really don't know,I just know according to the Holy Bible, our body goes back to dust,and our soul lives on in whatever form I'm clueless?

If UPS were to roll the old Overnite fully funded pension into the 401-k,than when you turn 59 & 1/2 you could draw the whole works out in a lump sum,with no penalties.
But you'd have to pay the current Federal,and state taxes up front.

Where as if it stays as a pension fund other than a 401-k,it would only be awarded you on retirement in monthly payments.

Either way this is all money earned,which would be coming our way,one way,or another.

Wait a minute, I do not think that can happen boy's. I am almost certain if the new hires come in they can, but not the oldtimer's ( I cant believe I said that) I am almost positive they have to grandfather the pention too people already vested, and new hires get the shaft.....

I think your right about the new hires.
The way I read the Conway deal was the ones working for them now have their earned pension credit rolled into the 401-k,than anyone hired after January 1st 2007 only gets to start a 401-k after their trial work period is over.

If UPS does this with our old Overnite 102% funded pension,than all of us that have pension credit would have our 401-k's bulked up.
The way the 401-k works is your intitled to the whole amount after taxes once you reach 59&1/2.
Thats what I posted before.
Also if this is going to happen at the start of 2007,any new hires after that would have to start a 401,or they won't get any pension when they are at retirement age.

Now we all know that this is all just speculation at this point.
We are just addressing a trucking rumor that was posted on the truckingboards.
If it does happen we truckingboard posters won't have to recover from shock.
If its just another rumor,well thats ok as well.

I don't know about all this rumor talk. But I do know that everyone should get involved in the 401k plan. As the years go on, It will be harder and harder to retire with a comfortable income. Make it happen, INVEST!

I heard that on Fridays, but only the 3rd Friday of the month that has a new moon in it... UPSF drivers and their families will get into Sea World free, but 1st you will need to have completed a 2600 mile week to even be added to a list.. There will be only 5 families added to this list, you must 1st fill out a 6 page application in full. Then only the 1st 5 families that submit the form before the 3:00 P.M. deadline on that Said Friday will be considered. All 5 families must be packed and ready to leave for the bus ride to Sea World, After all 5 families are counted and ready to leave, and only then will 1 family be awarded the Trip to Sea World, This will be done by Rock, Paper, Scissors:ShakeHandsNah:

But this might only be a rumor :smilie_132:

LOL, I loved your post!!!!!:grinning-smiley-021

There is a Saftey Committee too. And a Dock workers com. ect ect ect

Same up here, but we do not see a grievance comittee yet in our future.
One day maybe. After all they ripped the suggestion box off of the wall, because of repeated act's of stupidity, comment's that were made ,half of them atleast, made no scence. The other half was comprised of legitimacy, but not enough apperently.
My new TM was saying that down south ( in NYC AREA, and down south area.) they took them off the wall the mgnt. was recieving death threat's. Too them and thier families.