Yellow | Equipment auction today

Another bath in tractors at the Texas sale today, though Dollies fared a little better.

dolly.md.png

19vn6k.md.png

22volvo16g.md.png
Yep! One of the Peterbilts with around 35,000 on it went for $35,000. That's pathetic.. Somebody raised a point earlier, and I asked them for verification. Did these units cross the auction block with or without maintenance records? If not, why not? That would seriously impact the prices.

Yep! One of the Peterbilts with around 35,000 on it went for $35,000. That's pathetic.. Somebody raised a point earlier, and I asked them for verification. Did these units cross the auction block with or without maintenance records? If not, why not? That would seriously impact the prices.
Without I'm sure, not real common in the used truck market to have them available.

I know 79633 went in Houston $13000.
Still had ELD in the holder
Trainer seat
Hood busted
No Fire ext
1 triangle well used on crutches
Filthy
Quite a bit of rust
Future Cane hauler to bring sugar to sweeten up the screwing ya all took.

The binders contain the registration, insurance and all of the permits. Those SHOULD be removed, or at least emptied out. Those don't transfer to a new owner. The maintenance records would need to be printed out from the mainframe and included with each unit.
The only time I've ever seen them do that is to comply with a court order....................................

Who would pay for the person who would gather and print these documents?

I don't think I would do it for free.
Stimp, there were a considerable number of fleet maintenance managers, directors, etc. etc. on payroll for quite some time after the shutdown. They would be the ones. I hope they weren't in the shops polishing their fingernails all that time.

Stimp, there were a considerable number of fleet maintenance managers, directors, etc. etc. on payroll for quite some time after the shutdown. They would be the ones. I hope they weren't in the shops polishing their fingernails all that time.
The history we had access to was incomplete at best, as in a lot of vendor repairs were not there/not coded if you were lucky you got a vendor number and a cost number.
It usually only went back 2 years with maybe a clutch or diff repair from years ago.
If you are looking at a 2023 Volvo with 13k on it I would not even expect to see PM done yet let alone repairs.
Yellow was always played maintenance history and vehicle condition reports close the vest hence the reason they did away with M11 books and insisted to only current and 1 most recent previous write up in the trucks, I was actually told to destroy all Rex history files I had for assigned equipment at one point.

The binders contain the registration, insurance and all of the permits. Those SHOULD be removed, or at least emptied out. Those don't transfer to a new owner. The maintenance records would need to be printed out from the mainframe and included with each unit.
I would assume a company continuing to operate would do that when selling off older or surplus equipment. In a bankruptcy liquidation it seems that's not done.

The history we had access to was incomplete at best, as in a lot of vendor repairs were not there/not coded if you were lucky you got a vendor number and a cost number.
It usually only went back 2 years with maybe a clutch or diff repair from years ago.
If you are looking at a 2023 Volvo with 13k on it I would not even expect to see PM done yet let alone repairs.
Yellow was always played maintenance history and vehicle condition reports close the vest hence the reason they did away with M11 books and insisted to only current and 1 most recent previous write up in the trucks, I was actually told to destroy all Rex history files I had for assigned equipment at one point.
I can go along with that, but how much of the fleet was new with low miles?? I've seen a few pieces of linehaul equipment (and a LOT of city equipment) that had 1,500,000 miles on them.

I can go along with that, but how much of the fleet was new with low miles?? I've seen a few pieces of linehaul equipment (and a LOT of city equipment) that had 1,500,000 miles on them.
Yep and we had to email KGO to have them research when the engine swing was done and by who when trying to determine to just do a head or ask for a engine swing or if there was a possibility of warranty.
Quite often the answer came back as data unavailable.
Usually I drove over the Volvo dealer with the VIn and got a better answer from them but for the other makes the info was not as good.

We never provided maintenance histories with sold units.
They probably quit inputting maintenance data on most of the 15-20 yr old Volvo p and d tractors, 10 years ago. Last one I drove about 7 years ago, a 69000 series tandem yellow Volvo, had 1.3 million on it.

Yep and we had to email KGO to have them research when the engine swing was done and by who when trying to determine to just do a head or ask for a engine swing or if there was a possibility of warranty.
Quite often the answer came back as data unavailable.
Usually I drove over the Volvo dealer with the VIn and got a better answer from them but for the other makes the info was not as good.
Wrench, you piqued my curiosity. You were a shop manager, a wrench-spinner or some time at each? At this company is what I'm asking about.

No records.
Bill of sale no title.
One would think that if they take the fire extinguisher and the permit book out the ELD sitting in the holder should go along.
Just think one could buy it all and take to scrap yard and make money.
Part it out and make even more.
All 11 were towed...

One man band that serviced several end of line terminals, I had more duties then a l/h shop mechanic and often worked with vendors across a couple terminals to get repairs and PM's done, I mostly did all the PMs and repairs I could fit in.
At one point in the 80's through the 90's I did 3 terminals and as some cleaned up would move to another terminal, at that time the Terminal manager was my boss so if it had something to do with a truck it turned into my job.
At different points over the 38 years I was there I had 3 different convention fleets with with a overdue Pm rate of less then 1% only because I was better at tracking the trailers and finding them then Dispatch was..............................
I in serviced new tractors to the P&D fleet and de-processed sale units, over the years I even did L/H to P&D conversions