Yellow | Equipment auction today

No records.
Bill of sale no title.
One would think that if they take the fire extinguisher and the permit book out the ELD sitting in the holder should go along.
Just think one could buy it all and take to scrap yard and make money.
Part it out and make even more.
All 11 were towed...
As I read it, the dollies, ONLY the dollies and yard mules were sold with a Bill of Sale and no title. That's because they got Kansas to create a special registration class for the dollies and the yard mules aren't licensed for on-road use. Ritchie gives the buyer a full refund if they can't provide clear title, EXCEPT where they specify otherwise which they did on the dollies and the yard tractors.

One man band that serviced several end of line terminals, I had more duties then a l/h shop mechanic and often worked with vendors across a couple terminals to get repairs and PM's done, I mostly did all the PMs and repairs I could fit in.
At one point in the 80's through the 90's I did 3 terminals and as some cleaned up would move to another terminal, at that time the Terminal manager was my boss so if it had something to do with a truck it turned into my job.
At different points over the 38 years I was there I had 3 different convention fleets with with a overdue Pm rate of less then 1% only because I was better at tracking the trailers and finding them then Dispatch was..............................
I in serviced new tractors to the P&D fleet and de-processed sale units, over the years I even did L/H to P&D conversions
You sound as though you were one busy guy. Retired how long? At this point, are your back, your knees and your hands/wrists OK, or "not so much"?

As I read it, the dollies, ONLY the dollies and yard mules were sold with a Bill of Sale and no title. That's because they got Kansas to create a special registration class for the dollies and the yard mules aren't licensed for on-road use. Ritchie gives the buyer a full refund if they can't provide clear title, EXCEPT where they specify otherwise which they did on the dollies and the yard tractors.
Bought as a lot .
Bill of sale with the wrecker driver.
Now if something comes in the mail later it may.
Towed unit goes on wrecker insurance.
I watched Yellow years ago cut forklifts and city trucks in three pieces and put in junk iron bin.

I can go along with that, but how much of the fleet was new with low miles?? I've seen a few pieces of linehaul equipment (and a LOT of city equipment) that had 1,500,000 miles on them.
If you bought an ex LTL truck with 1,500,000 miles at an auction, there is no reason to think it’ll make it out of the parking lot…. Just be happy it started.

Just think one could buy it all and take to scrap yard and make money.
Part it out and make even more.
All 11 were towed...
Don’t know if it was true, but a story told about the Preston sale in 99, was that a guy bought a city tractor for $500, and every trailer he could get his hands on for next to nothing- and then used the city tractor to pull all of the trailers to the scrap yard, fast as he could. Story was, he made a fortune that day.

You sound as though you were one busy guy. Retired how long? At this point, are your back, your knees and your hands/wrists OK, or "not so much"?
I worked the last Friday YRC was open loaded up my tools the day before and moved them here.
I call it semi retired I've been working 4-5 days a week in my 2 bay shop behind the house since last August.

Puffy, do you know for sure that there are no maintenance records? If that's true, that is IMHO a travesty and ill-practice by the "glass house" as well as Ritchie Bros. It would not have been that difficult to provide the records, and the impact on the sale price is HUGE!
396.3 mandates the retention of records and where they need to be maintained.
I do not know for sure however since they no longer own the facilities I'd say the records are at best, incomplete and most likely gone. For a variety of reasons...

I drove a freight liner that Estes got from at auction that was a Holland tractor. That dang double tap to pass was nice. Better than any Estes tractor I've ever been in. Somebody done put a radio in it. It had 350 something thousand miles on , but the thing was nice. I used for a day so i don't know who if anybody it was assigned to, but i liked it. I hope the others that Estes got are just as good.

I drove a freight liner that Estes got from at auction that was a Holland tractor. That dang double tap to pass was nice. Better than any Estes tractor I've ever been in. Somebody done put a radio in it. It had 350 something thousand miles on , but the thing was nice. I used for a day so i don't know who if anybody it was assigned to, but i liked it. I hope the others that Estes got are just as good.
Does it have remains of old truck numbers?

The only time I've ever seen them do that is to comply with a court order....................................
In the event of an accident, especially if there is a fatality, a subpoena is issued for maintenance records & ECM data. I have removed ECM's & they were locked up till the court date or till a settlement is reached. Dash cams are one of the best tools a company/driver has in court.

If you bought an ex LTL truck with 1,500,000 miles at an auction, there is no reason to think it’ll make it out of the parking lot…. Just be happy it started.
As a friend who sold vehicles all his life would tell a buyer if he bought a vehicle as is, where is, without warranty, if it breaks in half on the way off my lot, you own two halves.