XPO | Ethics hotline

Wait!
Questions!
Here we are talking about ethics, but doesn't ethics require integrity?
I know I want to but why would ANYBODY believe the ethics line is truly ethical?
This is not to say they don't get some favorable results, but how can they do-the-right-thing if they lack integrity?

Could their corporate motives be self serving, like trying to avoid lawsuits.

When orientation for new drivers required you to go to GO ( in my case Ann Arbor ) we were in a lecture hall with a bunch of suits and know-it-alls and we were being asked questions about our home terminals and how things worked where we were from.

At the beginning we were told - WHAT IS SAID IN THIS ROOM STAYS IN THIS ROOM. FEEL FREE TO SPEAK YOUR MIND - The first driver that spoke his mind and was a little bit critical of his terminal manager had his name and location written down by a suit before he was done talking. Management did not try to hide the fact that they took the drivers name and info when he criticized , but when drivers had good things to say no driver info was needed.

Now this was years ago but if you think much has changed , why do we all try to protect our identity on Trucking Boards?

When orientation for new drivers required you to go to GO ( in my case Ann Arbor ) we were in a lecture hall with a bunch of suits and know-it-alls and we were being asked questions about our home terminals and how things worked where we were from.

At the beginning we were told - WHAT IS SAID IN THIS ROOM STAYS IN THIS ROOM. FEEL FREE TO SPEAK YOUR MIND - The first driver that spoke his mind and was a little bit critical of his terminal manager had his name and location written down by a suit before he was done talking. Management did not try to hide the fact that they took the drivers name and info when he criticized , but when drivers had good things to say no driver info was needed.

Now this was years ago but if you think much has changed , why do we all try to protect our identity on Trucking Boards?

Protecting your I.d. is very important on here.

Protecting your I.d. is very important on here.

Yes it is...we always check the boards and looked for issues...
Sometimes we found them...
We listen to the topics/complaints/issues...yes, but we really look for unethical behavior.

Some palace elite will also try to identify who you folks are...I never got the impression you would become a target if you were ever ID'd...it seemed more curiousity than anything. My personal opinion was always this - employees should never have to hide behind an online character, they should feel free to express themselves - good or bad - and they should not be punished, targeted for speaking freely...after all, we ask you to do it!
Everyone through NEO is told this...

Yes it is...we always check the boards and looked for issues... Sometimes we found them... We listen to the topics/complaints/issues...yes, but we really look for unethical behavior. Some palace elite will also try to identify who you folks are...I never got the impression you would become a target if you were ever ID'd...it seemed more curiousity than anything. My personal opinion was always this - employees should never have to hide behind an online character, they should feel free to express themselves - good or bad - and they should not be punished, targeted for speaking freely...after all, we ask you to do it! Everyone through NEO is told this...
thank you for being honest about where you stand in the ranks. Why do they care about this board or any board? If they truly believe in the four stars, Internet chatter shouldn't even be a concern.

thank you for being honest about where you stand in the ranks. Why do they care about this board or any board? If they truly believe in the four stars, Internet chatter shouldn't even be a concern.

Speaking out and/or speaking up is HIGHLY feared and/or discouraged by management. When a lower level employee speaks out or up in the current culture we have now - the employee and their message is viewed as a threat.

EVEN if it's a positive pro-Con-way message , no management/person-with-a-title wants to be outdone by a well meaning driver with common sense.

For example HEADLOADS - we are supposed to be phasing them back in , why did they go away? Saves time , motormoves , handle freight less , decrease claims , freight in trailer = space on dock , etc......There are still loads RIGHT NOW with 1 piece in the nose and a 12 skid order packed in behind. Every driver from I5 to I95 to I10 to I94 has complained but this continues. When it comes from the top down , it will matter.

When we are located in Ann Arbor, you can't see or hear issues around the field. This forum acts as a conduit of communication where you try to identify real issues from normal chatter...it's that simple. Sometimes, there really is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

Also, this forum gives a perspective on morale at certain areas. There are just some things people will not bring to you, regardless of how much our door is open.

When we are located in Ann Arbor, you can't see or hear issues around the field. This forum acts as a conduit of communication where you try to identify real issues from normal chatter...it's that simple. Sometimes, there really is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

Also, this forum gives a perspective on morale at certain areas. There are just some things people will not bring to you, regardless of how much our door is open.

You can have all of the qualifications for a job and still be an idiot once you have the job. I have met some great people in Con-way's management. Some are total and complete buffoons - no different than any other part of the world.

The problem is that you see management cover up and take the side of the idiots and buffoons when they are coworkers.

More drivers will call another driver wrong if they are wrong. It's almost impossible to get management at Con-way to admit when a mistake is their's.

Sorry, need to clarify...this is where I stood. I have since moved on.
I was blessed with many positions at Con-way...some very high up. This is why I can say what I do...
I was there...sorry if I confused you or anyone else.

Sorry to hear that happened...your information should have never been leaked...that is unprofessional. And we wonder why employees lack trust and build walls...
Building walls is right!! With Many,Many Many years at Con-way I have done very well but I can honestly say now,
I have never been so dissatisfied with the company as I am now! Every time I have spoke up or a co-worker has spoke up
one of eight things has happened, I am in know way cowardly or timid! If anything I am to outspoken and bold, just know when to SHUT UP!!
So I can come back to fight again! The Japanese would call me "Machibuse"
Now for my list - I call it the "8-R's"

1. Retaliation
2. Reprimand
3. Reservation
4 .Regrettable
5. Rejection
6. Reluctant
7. Repercussion
8. Repugnance

This statement is my thoughts and opinion,
I did not have to concur with anyone but myself,
They are for entertainment purposes only,
not intended to hurt anyone's feelings!!

Building walls is right!! With Many,Many Many years at Con-way I have done very well but I can honestly say now,
I have never been so dissatisfied with the company as I am now! Every time I have spoke up or a co-worker has spoke up
one of eight things has happened, I am in know way cowardly or timid! If anything I am to outspoken and bold, just know when to SHUT UP!!
So I can come back to fight again! The Japanese would call me "Machibuse"
Now for my list - I call it the "8-R's"

1. Retaliation
2. Reprimand
3. Reservation
4 .Regrettable
5. Rejection
6. Reluctant
7. Repercussion
8. Repugnance

This statement is my thoughts and opinion,
I did not have to concur with anyone but myself,
They are for entertainment purposes only,
not intended to hurt anyone's feelings!!

I also saw it change over the years. It really sucks to have gone from being the best to not being the best LTL. I could see the sense of pride changing in the workforce. As we grew, I saw the leadership shift focus from the employee group (who made us the best) to managing their departmental numbers. Everyone was looking for ways to save and a huge part of that savings came directly from the employees. The problem comes in that none of the solutions to restore us to glory ever worked. So I fault leadership (including me) in that we never came up with viable solutions to return the company to sustainable, profitable margins.

I understand that if leadership would get back to the basics and focus on the employee, that is the solution. Treat the employees well, gain back that CCX/CSE/CWX/CSW/CEX pride that made us great. There was nothing better than looking at your competition and knowing you are the best.

I also saw it change over the years. It really sucks to have gone from being the best to not being the best LTL. I could see the sense of pride changing in the workforce. As we grew, I saw the leadership shift focus from the employee group (who made us the best) to managing their departmental numbers. Everyone was looking for ways to save and a huge part of that savings came directly from the employees. The problem comes in that none of the solutions to restore us to glory ever worked. So I fault leadership (including me) in that we never came up with viable solutions to return the company to sustainable, profitable margins.

I understand that if leadership would get back to the basics and focus on the employee, that is the solution. Treat the employees well, gain back that CCX/CSE/CWX/CSW/CEX pride that made us great. There was nothing better than looking at your competition and knowing you are the best.
Can you please not use the word leadership and conway in the same sentence.