Estes | Extraboard Pay

CantgetoutofPA

Armor Crewman
Credits
I've read a couple of months back trying not to bring up a recently asked question, and it has been danced around a little bit but... Can an extraboard driver out of West Middlesex PA make $1500 a week? What would be a rough figure to count on per week? I know what the mileage pay is and I am willing to run as much as they will give me. Thanks guys.

You should gross that much. Doubt you'll bring home that much. Figure on 2750 miles. Top pay is $.5715. About 8 cents less to start. Probably a lot more then the QT pays.

The good thing about west sex is there's tons of extra work if your interested in working a extra day if you don't have enough on the weekend

Thanks Mildew and Slinky. They finally called me this morning to see when I could do a physical. They SAID they would call back once it is scheduled, but nothing yet. Gonna call them in the morning to see if they are on it.

That's why it sucks to run in south . Sure glad them south terminals send us back north may spend one night in one of them . Most of the time we are in hotels. Plus up here get out on your 10 more then down there. Better off in the east coast or mid west , TN TX MO . Southern terminals are full of bunk houses . To many good old boys !! Every time We hit Greensboro or Charlotte or Atlanta they never can send us south have to wait for a load that the terminal wants you to take back north.they wait to call central. Because they have bunch crybabies that think they cannt run the north. Central needs to take the dispatching away from them terminals down there to much favoritism. Us northern guys go where they send us . The only time I have a long delay time is down there. So yes you are right about sitting around the south in nasty bunk houses. I cann't never figure out why they keep them open down there. why 90 % of company is now hotels. Don't listen to flyingby . Make good money here I may stay in bunk house couple times a month. Depends where they send ya.

I don't live like a hobo at home! I am certainly not going to live like that on the road!they should have more respect for there drivers!who really cares , just move on. that's why nothing changes around here.

I agree with not living like hobo . But really what can we do . That we don't all do all ready . We all complain till we are blue in the face. Only stress yourself out over it. That's why most of us men suck it up go to hotel anyways . Pay for it . I would like for you to tell all of us what we should do that will make them close all bunkhouses . I would love to hear it. Tell them TM off at them terminals to stop being so cheap. What will that get ya more stress that I don't need. I made 80 last year may slept in bunk house maybe 20 times. Payed for it 3 times. So I guess I'm a hobo.

I am looking forward to it for sure!!! So after the physical I should start right away? They already did background and drug screen.

After physical you still have to take a road test and watch a few vidios . Right after my road test they sent me with a guy to train . A week of training . You get paid all miles . I trained with a guy that did 3200 miles . So I got paid 3200 miles that week !

After physical you still have to take a road test and watch a few vidios . Right after my road test they sent me with a guy to train . A week of training . You get paid all miles . I trained with a guy that did 3200 miles . So I got paid 3200 miles that week !
Can't beat that. So if physical is Thursday should I figure road test Friday?

I believe its a physical/ drug screen .. so u still got 48-72 hours to get drug results back . Then you'll start as soon as your ready . That's how it was for me anyway

I believe its a physical/ drug screen .. so u still got 48-72 hours to get drug results back . Then you'll start as soon as your ready . That's how it was for me anyway
They had me do the drug screen already. They had me do everything backwards and inside out. I told my wife it felt like they were holding me up to have someone else they were hiring pass me to be ahead in seniority. lol

Holly Cow!!! I took my physical into the terminal last night and they told me to call in at 07:00 to schedule my road test. I call in at 07:00 and get "well it's too late today the ONE driver that does road tests only does them at 07:00 and not on weekends and he won't be in Monday" as big as West Sex is only one road tester!!! Not too impressed with the office personnel!!!