XPO | FAC question

highspeeds

ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
So I hear that as a result of so many dock hands that 4-5 drivers are sharing one motor to load the lane. But that cube is being pushed to the limit. No exceptions.

So if three guys are just standing around ??? Why aren't you dim checking EVERYTHING. I still see jacked cubes on my peddle.

A tower. 7' x 4' x 7' is cube at 0.3. Ummmmmm want an easy way to make your cube ?

Just a thought. Getcha a tape measure. Have one fella hit the little dim check button. Have the other guy call out the numbers.

And in a few minutes your freight will update and presto change-o ! It's a much more loader friendly cube.

They keep coming up with these nonsense policies. Cube every trailer at 100%, take a picture of it when you're done. Fine, whatever. I'll just keep using DIM check and taking pictures of the insides of trash cans.

I've heard of a lot of guys taking pictures of the ceiling above the dock. Trash can/barrel is a good idea also.

The dim check thing seemed like a no brainer. But I see so much freight that is way off.

So I hear that as a result of so many dock hands that 4-5 drivers are sharing one motor to load the lane. But that cube is being pushed to the limit. No exceptions.

So if three guys are just standing around ??? Why aren't you dim checking EVERYTHING. I still see jacked cubes on my peddle.

A tower. 7' x 4' x 7' is cube at 0.3. Ummmmmm want an easy way to make your cube ?

Just a thought. Getcha a tape measure. Have one fella hit the little dim check button. Have the other guy call out the numbers.

And in a few minutes your freight will update and presto change-o ! It's a much more loader friendly cube.
WOW< what a team, and a great company to work for!:butt kiss::notworthy::bowdown::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

They keep coming up with these nonsense policies. Cube every trailer at 100%, take a picture of it when you're done. Fine, whatever. I'll just keep using DIM check and taking pictures of the insides of trash cans.
What stops a driver or dock worker from loading all of the freight on the end of the trailer - MAKING IT APPEAR FULL- or covering the end with two full sheets of plywood?

Has anyone got in trouble for the pictures that don't match? (FAC pics to inbound , outbound to FAC , etc.)

What stops a driver or dock worker from loading all of the freight on the end of the trailer - MAKING IT APPEAR FULL- or covering the end with two full sheets of plywood?

Has anyone got in trouble for the pictures that don't match? (FAC pics to inbound , outbound to FAC , etc.)

They can't get the simple things done. Where are they gonna find time to go through all those pictures ? And then what will they do if it isn't right ?

Walk up. Hey do you remember this trailer from three weeks ago ?

They can't get the simple things done. Where are they gonna find time to go through all those pictures ? And then what will they do if it isn't right ?

Walk up. Hey do you remember this trailer from three weeks ago ?
Now you know where Con-way's next "investment" will be.
Monday morning video-
In order to handle the high volume of pictures taken , we are pleased to announce that we have contracted with Picture Scans International of Pakistan to send data in the form of pictures to PSI's processing center in Chihuahua , Mexico. This $10 million will help our team as we continue to transition ALL service centers to LEAN!

Truck drivers should drive trucks NOT forklifts

I am curious as to why drivers that work the dock feel that nobody else is qualified to do that job. For many years before Conjob started getting free labor by making drivers load and unload dock hands loaded and unloaded trucks.It's not rocket science . But I guess if it makes you feel better than the guy working the dock go ahead. Oh yeah there are still a couple of real trucking companies left that hire drivers to drive trucks instead of forklifts and the still make money, and their safety record is as good or better than Conjob

I am curious as to why drivers that work the dock feel that nobody else is qualified to do that job. For many years before Conjob started getting free labor by making drivers load and unload dock hands loaded and unloaded trucks.It's not rocket science . But I guess if it makes you feel better than the guy working the dock go ahead. Oh yeah there are still a couple of real trucking companies left that hire drivers to drive trucks instead of forklifts and the still make money, and their safety record is as good or better than Conjob
because the majority don't know how to load properly and safely. Ask any dock worker where to load tall freight... 2500 pound skid, what's the best side to load it on... Is putting 5000 up on tracks to the roof safe? I have asked every dock hand, the response" I don't know, don't care. I don't have to pull it."

That's why.

Um... have you SEEN the quality of people we are getting as dock workers? I sure as hell would hate to see the people they turn down for the job, because the ones we have are a bunch of special-ed cases. Looks like a damn homeless shelter on our dock. Thank God there's a bus stop out front of the terminal, because there's at least 5 or 6 of them that don't even have drivers licenses.

Yes, I DO feel more qualified to do that job than these winners. I'm not sure I'd trust most of them to wash my car, let alone load freight...

I have heard of other places that have professional dock workers. They can even make sure P&D routes are done right. I have never seen that here. There is always the occasional guy who knows what he is doing and takes the time to make things right. That wouldn't describe our dock workers in general.

Of course, it all starts with a supervisor walking up and down the dock who knows what he is doing and makes sure everyone that needs some supervising gets some. How often do you see all of those stars line up?

Um... have you SEEN the quality of people we are getting as dock workers? I sure as hell would hate to see the people they turn down for the job, because the ones we have are a bunch of special-ed cases. Looks like a damn homeless shelter on our dock. Thank God there's a bus stop out front of the terminal, because there's at least 5 or 6 of them that don't even have drivers licenses.

Yes, I DO feel more qualified to do that job than these winners. I'm not sure I'd trust most of them to wash my car, let alone load freight...

I guess if you pay peanuts you hire monkeys and no I have never seen anybody on a conjob dock