XPO | FAC question

It's no different than anything else. There are a couple that are exceptional.

There are a couple that are incompetent. And the rest just don't give a F.

I've heard of a lot of guys taking pictures of the ceiling above the dock. Trash can/barrel is a good idea also.

The dim check thing seemed like a no brainer. But I see so much freight that is way off.

I was drafted as a dim checker on outbound and was told that if the measurement was off by 1" it justified a "coaching session". If the bill had the dims written on it I just re-entered them.

They can't get the simple things done. Where are they gonna find time to go through all those pictures ? And then what will they do if it isn't right ?

Walk up. Hey do you remember this trailer from three weeks ago ?

Sure they can't the simple things done but they sure can waste mountains of time chasing their tails on that!!

I guess if you pay peanuts you hire monkeys and no I have never seen anybody on a conjob dock

True story.

They already had to bump the starting wage from $13/hr up to $15/hr because of the lack of interest. I think they will have to bring it up another buck or so before they really start getting anyone substantial. Especially with the goofy hours they are expected to work.

If they do increase the pay for the dock workers,then they should be a little more selective on their hiring.You will never be able to get rid of the dead beats.I think they should make it to where you have to participate in the driver training program after a year or at least become haz-mat certified.The old way was the best way,when you had drivers training new drivers.It didn't take long to weed out the bad&lazy.What I would like to see,is the dock workers off the forklifts,have them throwing plywood,strapping and setting bars on these re-ships.I would say 80% of the drivers on linehaul are way more experienced then the dock workers at my barn.Our morning crew starts at 5a.m. and the dock workers at 6a.m,I see the dock workers leaveing before the morning crew.Somebody needs to wake up..

Dock workers in xcv are a joke. There's one or two that understand the job and ask questions to get better, the others don't speak or understand English and floor out trailers. Even saw one take a pot out if a box during an inspection,it it on his head and start dancing. Did I mention they Pretty much all where headphones while on the dock? Know one does anything about that either. Is immunity from rules in their contract?

Dock workers in xcv are a joke. There's one or two that understand the job and ask questions to get better, the others don't speak or understand English and floor out trailers. Even saw one take a pot out if a box during an inspection,it it on his head and start dancing. Did I mention they Pretty much all where headphones while on the dock? Know one does anything about that either. Is immunity from rules in their contract?

They work for the temp agency. Couldn't care less about our rules.

Us linehaul drivers don't know what Dim check is..........aint never heard of it!!! Ill look into it tonight for you though.....as yea by the time I get to the FAC all the dockworkers will take all the forklifts.......or i'll get a fork lift and then have to take my 30 min brake and when I come back I cant get one. Ok...time to go to take my nap.