TForce | Fed ex

I know a guy I see on my route at the shopping mall I have deliveries at,that is an owner operator for Fedex ground.
Why isn't he like everyother driver that owns,and maintains his own truck,that hauls a named companys freight?
He is an owner operator.

I remember when Central Transport was a Teamsters union company.
One day the CEO said you drivers that are Teamsters want to keep working here,your not going to work here unless you buy a tractor and haul my trailers.

Just like that,one day Teamsters the next day independent drivers leasing Central trailers.
Most of the Teamster drivers went else where trying to stay with union companys.
The union couldn't help them with Central but tryed to help them get on with the other union LTL's.
Thats a weird deal what happened back than.
No-one seemed to know how that company could pull away from the Teamsters like they did?
I hear now they are back to all company drivers no more owner operators,they are non-union at this time.
Back to Fedex,the guy I know owns his straight truck,and is concidered an indepenent driver working to deliver Fedex ground.
How could he have any pull with Fedex being a Teamster?

Say your right just-me,the IBT link you have has a whole page for UPS Freight.
One company one union is their slogon.

Well this clears up the contract talks (NOT!!!)
This just says UPS,and the Teamsters went to the barganing table Sept 6th.
I thought it was in the begining of October?
This only goes to show all of us UPS Freight workers they've been talking over the contract issues for going on three months.
AND,and,AND WHAT has become of anything these talks have produced?

And all of you Teamster supporters say UPS won't drag out these talks?
I know we are in the busyest delivery time of the year with the small package division.
Maybe we will see,or hear something after the new year arrives?
But 2007 is UPS's 100th year anniversary so they may need another year to get to contract talks under way,because they have to take care of their aniversary plans for August of 2007.
All of us UPSer's will be watching.
And as always Skeeter I'm with you.
(TIME WILL TELL)

This won't reach the frieght division,because the majority of us don't want the union period.

The Majority?
There's been a vote?

Union representation will make it to Freight if those involved want it to.

Forming a union or choosing union representation is and individual's choice, not that of the company or unions invloved.
If members of freight choose to be represented then so be it, if not then so be it again.
As an American worker you have a choice wether you agree or like it or not.

It takes one (or group of) brave soul(s) to start the balling rolling. Some may have a down hill battle while others with the up hill battle feed of the momentum of the rolling ball.

Good Luck to all those that exercise their right to choice in the workplace. Rather it be for or against.

T 251

Say your right just-me,the IBT link you have has a whole page for UPS Freight.
One company one union is their slogon.

Well this clears up the contract talks (NOT!!!)
This just says UPS,and the Teamsters went to the barganing table Sept 6th.
I thought it was in the begining of October?
This only goes to show all of us UPS Freight workers they've been talking over the contract issues for going on three months.
AND,and,AND WHAT has become of anything these talks have produced?

And all of you Teamster supporters say UPS won't drag out these talks?
I know we are in the busyest delivery time of the year with the small package division.
Maybe we will see,or hear something after the new year arrives?
But 2007 is UPS's 100th year anniversary so they may need another year to get to contract talks under way,because they have to take care of their aniversary plans for August of 2007.
All of us UPSer's will be watching.
And as always Skeeter I'm with you.
(TIME WILL TELL)

Apo, UPS is not a division of anything you need to be concerned with. You use the term "we" you are not part of "us"

You are a seperate company not division.
You carry a Service Mark of the UPS Corporation. You are in not way concerned in your busiest period becuae you handle not packages in our system. Traditionally freight is in one of their slower periods now.

As far as the UPS Master contract, its already in negioations as we speak. There is no need to worry about an anniversary to slow down or wait for contract negoitions.

UPSF is negiotioating with the IBT on a contract for Indy, things take time initially. Good things come to those taht wait.
I hope you didn't except a contract in three weeks time. Waht kind of rushed deal would that be.

Also the last time I look Rochester wasn't Teamters and haven't petetioned to be part of the Teamsters.
Seems you want your cake and be able to eat it too.

So we are not part of UPS Teamster 251?
Than why do the UPS parcel sales people say we are the heavy freight division of UPS?
I don't get it are they fibbing us dumb freight drivers into thinking we are a part of their global operation,when we are only a seperate company they've got on their payroll?

If we aren't a division of UPS than I'm going to throw away the rule book that was issued to me,with their UPS brand on the front cover.

We are not UPSer's well go figure?

So we are not part of UPS Teamster 251?
Than why do the UPS parcel sales people say we are the heavy freight division of UPS?
I don't get it are they fibbing us dumb freight drivers into thinking we are a part of their global operation,when we are only a seperate company they've got on their payroll?

If we aren't a division of UPS than I'm going to throw away the rule book that was issued to me,with their UPS brand on the front cover.

We are not UPSer's well go figure?

By far you are a wholly owned subsiduary or UPS Corp. You are in no way a prt of United Parcel Service.

Give a person a gun, a helmet, and some camo doesn't make him a soldier.
Same as giving someone some brown and a diad doesn't make him a UPSer. You (USPF)
are a poltry 6% of the UPS Corp. You can't comprehend the difference between small package and freight but seem to think they are one in the same. You also seem to see and awful lot of your areas sales reps, account managers or account execs which ever you perfer to call them. Hell, I've been there almost three years and never seen a one.
Like I said before you are serviced marked and don't know what it is like to even work for Brown. You have no idea what peak is or the word busy as it pertains to peak.
Stick to the freight business, that's all UPS Corp has you around for. It'll be years before you're a UPSer, if that's what you really want.

By far you are a wholly owned subsiduary or UPS Corp. You are in no way a prt of United Parcel Service.

To a certain extent, I would agree with you, T251. At least in this point in time. In many ways, package and freight are two completely different things.

But that is why it is so important to orgainze ALL of UPS Freight. Eventually, at least in my opinion, UPS wants to integrate the two more and more, till eventually the line will be come very blurry. Which is a good business decision. More options to run the volume with.

But both 'companies' have to be on the same page as far as the workers go. One Company, One Union. Only way to go.

Pretty Bad When Ups Own"s Which Use To Be The Big O And Them Guy"s Dont Even Want The Union Support.apoostolic You Say Your In The Busy Time Of The Year I Guess Ups Will Be Hiring Them P/t Guy"s To Ride Around With The Package Driver"s To Keep Them Safe During The Holiday And Them Turn Around And Lay Them Off Is That Part Of 1 Of The Contracts At Ups. Just Like Here In The Carolina"s Want To Work A Man For 8.00 An Hour And Then Try To Keep Him P/t I Have Not Seen A Divison At Fedex That Starts There Men At 8;00 An Hour No Wonder You Guy"s Need Union Support Over There.and As Far As Fred Smith"s Bonus He Is The Founder Of Fedex Who Founded Ups Sure Not The Union .........

2008 is the year that the contract ends. neither the company nor the union wants a repeater of the strike that occured in the late 9o`s. it is a wise thing to star negotiations early. there are some major issues within the present contract that is hurting everyone both co./union.. don`t expect them to strike an agreement any time soon. contract language is important.:smilie_132:

Pretty Bad When Ups Own"s Which Use To Be The Big O And Them Guy"s Dont Even Want The Union Support.apoostolic You Say Your In The Busy Time Of The Year I Guess Ups Will Be Hiring Them P/t Guy"s To Ride Around With The Package Driver"s To Keep Them Safe During The Holiday And Them Turn Around And Lay Them Off Is That Part Of 1 Of The Contracts At Ups. Just Like Here In The Carolina"s Want To Work A Man For 8.00 An Hour And Then Try To Keep Him P/t I Have Not Seen A Divison At Fedex That Starts There Men At 8;00 An Hour No Wonder You Guy"s Need Union Support Over There.and As Far As Fred Smith"s Bonus He Is The Founder Of Fedex Who Founded Ups Sure Not The Union .........

Does fedx even use part timers? I thought most drivers for fedx are cdl dock workers. Thats just what I want to do, Drive all night load and unload trailers! Its no wonder I see fedx drivers all over the road at night. They can't stay awake. That makes for a short career and life.