FedEx Freight | Fedex 2.7% Wage Increase Falls Below National Average Of 3.3%

It’s pretty pathetic to see how everyone on the Facebook groups are happy with what they got. And when someone calls bs on the raise, they defend FedEx with their “we could have got nothing” mentality.
I’m not excited about an extra 1/2 a penny per mile but as my father-in-law used to say, it’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!!

alot of people in the facebook groups were not here in 08--09 when alot of good people got royally screwed
I was here in 08-09....and I remember our numbers were in the toilet and Express and Ground bailed us out. I also remember (I think it was 08) that we didn’t get a raise while lower management took a 5% pay cut and upper management took either a 10 or 15% pay cut....and they have yet to recoup their raise, so yes, it could be worse!!

I was here in 08-09....and I remember our numbers were in the toilet and Express and Ground bailed us out. I also remember (I think it was 08) that we didn’t get a raise while lower management took a 5% pay cut and upper management took either a 10 or 15% pay cut....and they have yet to recoup their raise, so yes, it could be worse!!
Actually we got a small raise that year, but they halted the 401k match temporarily. On the plus side when the 401k match was reinstated Fedex sweetened the match by doing 100% on the first dollar.

Actually we got a small raise that year, but they halted the 401k match temporarily. On the plus side when the 401k match was reinstated Fedex sweetened the match by doing 100% on the first dollar.
Wasn’t it 100% match for the first 6% before they stopped it. Then when reinstated 100% for 1st 1% and 50% for 2-6% for a total of 3.5%. So how is it sweeter now if we used to get 6% match and only 3.5% now?

I dont know where the 2.7% comes from... that only applies to hourly. IF you are a road driver, you didnt even get 1%. 2.7% across the board I could have lived with but ****** the road drivers is bs

Last edited:
fTw1NMY.jpg

I dont know where the 2.7% comes from... that only applies to hourly. IF you are a road driver, you didnt even get 1%. 2.7% across the board I could have lived with but ****** the road drivers is bs
The local side of the company screams loudly and often about road driver income. There seems to be a movement towards making pay equal. When that happens, it will be interesting to see how they get people to sign up for a job that can lock them into working shuttles until they retire.

There's an entirely different pay for Driver Development Instructors?
Can someone explain that?

Also, what is the "O" GPD?
Nothing new on the DDI. $1 premium. BUT NO (or rare) O/T. NOT to be confused with coaches.

"O"? Good question for leadership. Likely those unique locations. NOT sure. ASK GEORGE...

Last edited: